CSI, Detective, Lab Rat or Coroner?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Faylinn, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Just for a bit of fun - Which character(s) do you tend to like more: the CSIs, the detectives, the lab techs or the coroners?

In an attempt to try to keep things a bit more discussion-y: Why is it that you prefer these characters?

Personally, I like all of the characters, but I think lab techs and coroners get to be a bit more fun and quirky sometimes. That has a lot to do with why Adam is my favorite character on CSI:NY - he may not be in as many scenes, but I don't think there's ever a dull moment when Adam is around. ;)

So what about you guys? Which type of character do you like the most?

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Fay is on a roll. :p

My favorites on the show are the CSIs. In the earlier seasons on CSI, it was mainly about the CSIs, then they started featuring the lab rats more. They all have different personalities (not to say the lab rats or coroners don't) but I just find them unique and lovable (most of them anway :lol: )

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm trying to give this forum CPR - it needs resuscitating! :lol:

I do like that the CSIs get a bit more 'personality', as you say - they tend to be more fleshed out than the more minor roles (which makes sense since the shows are called "CSI", after all :p).

4. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

As much as I enjoy the CSI's, I would have to choose the lab rats over any of the others on the show. I tend to lean toward the less popular or the quirkier characters of any show, avoiding the major popular ones...but of course, we've all noticed that the lab rats have grown over the years as well and has become more then just a familiar face in the background. My faves? Hodges and Mandy (love her little interactions with Nick)!

5. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

I think my first would be the CSI's because they are the main ones who go out in the field and the have the greater chance of something happening to them, or I'm rooting for them to be the one to solve the crime or catch a suspect who had been especially pesky.

My 2nd would be the detectives because of their funny quotes and their facial expressions at times.

6. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Well, as much as I love my CSI's and Detectives, I'd have to go with Lab Techs first, and Coroners second.

As for the why... well, I think it's because we tend to know less about them. I'm always drawn to the background characters, the ones we don't know as much about. The absence of details makes them just that much more intriguing :)

7. allmaple

allmaple Judge

at first i loved the csis the most, but over the seasons most of them have become quite dull and dreary (i only watch vegas). grissom used to be so fun and quirky, and now he is almost a shell of his former self. sara and catherine also started to get on my nerves after awhile. i liked greg as a lab tech, he seems to have lost his spunk over the years. yes people change, people grow, but when part of that growth on a tv show includes becoming boring that is not good.

the lab techs and coroners add some much needed life into the show. i like them all and have since the first time they appeared. maybe because its only bits and pieces you see of them at a time, or because the writers arent too worried about creating back stories about them, but they have escaped the dreary mundane feeling that some of the csis have for me.

8. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

I tend to like lab techs more. They usually bring out the other side in our CSI's (remember Mandy demanding Nick to sing for her? :lol:).
    Adam on NY is also the quirkiest (while he was dancing, Mac had the cutest smile on his face.)

The Lab Rats epi on Vegas was imo one of the best through the entire show, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that. They should try it on NY, but I don't think there are enough labrats in NY. (Except when you make it 'The Adam Show' :p)

And then of course, there's Hodges :adore: :D

9. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Depends the CSI we're talking about. Miami is the main one I watch and I tend to like the CSI's more. I'm not really sure why, probably because the CSI's on Miami get a lot more screen time than any of the lab rats. Or because the CSI's do a lot of their own lab testing themselves, so they're kind of the lab rat at the same time. Not to mention Miami's lab rats disappear like that, so it's hard to get to know them.

On CSI: NY it's definitely the coroner or the lab rat. I love Adam and I love Sid. They're really funny and definitely quirkier than the CSI's are. Then again I also really like Hawkes. (But he was the ME at one point so maybe that's why. ;) )

On CSI: LV I can't really say I'm a fan of any of the CSI's. I think I'd have to say lab rats on this one too. In fact, Hodges is probably my favourite character. I've never really given it thought bccause I don't watch Vegas as much, but I love him more than anyone else. :lol:

10. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Interesting question, but one I really can't answer because I don't think I prefer a certain character occupation on the show, I prefer the individual characters themselves (mainly because of the actors who portray them) and mostly gravitate to the ladies as I can identify with them easier. (and I only watch the original CSI. The others are fakes :devil: )

As a whole group, I think I'd actually like the detectives the best - Brass, Vartann, Sofia, Vega, etc.

And maybe the lab rats: Wendy, Mandy, Bobby, Henry, and Hodges (do I have to include him? - He IS actually growing on me though.)

However, my favorite characters individually would be the CSIs - mainly Catherine & Sara.

11. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Interesting question.
    I think that I like all of the groups equally.

The CSIs are obviously the main people of the show, therefore we see and interact with them most often. Also, we seem to learn more about their lives and such, which adds a layer of interest to their characters. So I like them the most because we see them more often and know more about them.

I like the lab rats because they usually bring a more fun loving and quirky aspect to the show. It's hard not to love them. :)

I enjoy the detectives because they are the go get'em, no nonsense (sometimes) people, but they also add humor.

And last but not least, I like the coroners because, like the lab rats, they say and do things that are kind of out in left field. Especially in the case of Sid on NY, you never know what story he's going to delve into next!

12. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Hmmm... hard question 'cause like everyone said earlier - every choice is interesting. But definitely I couldn't be detective - I love them, especially Sofia and Vartann but I can't picture myself. I'd pic CSI - main characters and interesting job. But really the closest for me is lab tech and coroner. Both can give some funny comments and when they're around often is more fun than serious. Between these two is really hard to choose.

13. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

On Vegas it has to be the CSI's first. They are what brings the cases together. They find the evidence, interview the suspects and solve the cases. And of course I like the CSI's because Nick is one :adore: if he were a lab rat or coroner I would have to go with one of them :D I would have to say the lab rats get my second vote with or without Greg. Greg was an excellent quirky lab rat but like everyone he's matured and has become a good CSI.

On Miami, oh please give me the lab rats, and cops over the coroner and CSI's any day. Although if I had to pick a CSI or two it would be Ryan or Calleigh. Can't stand the others. They don't provide any realism to the show.

On NY I think I would have to say cops/CSI's. All the CSI's appear to be cops and then you have Flack and his one liners. The lab rats and coroners are good too.

14. Sagemint

Sagemint Witness

Let's see I would love to be either a coroner or lab rat. :thumbsup:

The reason for a coroner; I believe that the coroners of all three CSI shows add a little bit of something more to the show than the CSI's themselves sometimes. I want to be part of that and portray something different than what the CSI do.

Reasons for a lab rat: I think I would make a very interesting one. :D
    For some reason people somehow get this sort of mysterious vibe from me, or sometimes it's fear. I believe those qualities as a lab rat are in some way a rarity. I do not really remember a labrat having that having that type of personality in any of shows I think. Someone that isn't really easy to approach on a regular basis for information is difficult, I would love to see how that situation plays out.

Adam is my favorite too, so was Kendall(whatever happen to her..?):confused:

But on CSI LV all of the lab rats are my favorite. They are awesome with each of them with a different personality, and interact with each other in various ways. I find that very endearing.

If feels like I keep using the word "interesting"...what's another word I could use? :lol:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

The Lab Rats have wiggled themselves into my heart. I would take a whole new show with just them.

As for CSIs, Nick rules..

So in that case, we should have a show just for Nick and the Lab Rats..