Eric & Calleigh #31 - A Vote For E/C Is A Vote For Shirtless Eric!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Unfortunately, I have to second that! Only b/c as of late the franchise feels the need to do cliffhangers. Up until the season finale of LV when Sarah went missing, neither of the 3 EVER did real cliffhangers. Personally, I kind of liked it that way. This franchise was designed to have stand alone eps, with possible ongoing storylines and then simply end at the end of the season.

I remember reading a viewer's rant in TV Guide magazine that pretty questioned why almost every show today feels the need in a season finale to 1) blow stuff up and 2) place their main characters (Miami did this last season) in mortal danger w/ an unknown outcome leaving us hanging and knawing at the bit til next season.

The viewer went on to say that it was unnecessary and kind of rediculous that shows have gotten to that point especially since most fans know that the main characters are NOT going to actually die. He/she said fans are going to return to their favorite shows regardless of what is blown up or who is almost killed in the season finale.

I asolutely agree with this viewer. Regardless of the season finale, I am going to watch the show the next season. Leaving unanswered questions unanswered is always nice...leaves an air of speculation (season 5's season finale with Cal/Jake/Eric) but the whole "will they live" thing I actually find a little insulting. Who here actually thought H died in the finale? How many of knew right off the bat that the whole thing was staged? or at least suspected? Do they think we are actually that petty that they HAVE to do something like that to get us to watch? I like to be left with a :eek: moment, every now and then but not necessarily one that is unbelievable or insults my intelligence.

As for E/C being a cliffhanger this season.....I think we are more likely to get a cliffhanger of them getting caught and one of them being moved off the team b/c of the department regulation. And then the first few eps of next season would be one of them working their way back to the team. It would be a great test for E/C and be beliveable b/c the rule does exist. Eric said he would move to the night shift but something tells me that Cal wouldn't let him make that sacrafice. It is a cliffhanger w/o being a cliffhanger that falls in the "cliffhanger" mold.

I pesonally think E/C will be together before the season finale and if not, then they will get together in the season finale and it will be definite and we will see it. But again, I think we will see it before the finale b/c they can only drag the chase out much longer before something gives....with all the emotional storylines coming down the pipe for Eric AND Cal something will give. :)

2. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

^ Great post. I agree with you!!

3. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

^^ CalleighEricFan... be careful with your posts, they have to have at least 3 lines of on topic conversation. Or, the mods will be back here to remind us... again, or worse. And I don't want "worse" to happen.

Now that we pretty much know Calleigh & Eric will happen this season, wouldn't it just suck to no end if the actors strike does happen? If I remember correctly, they are voting on it the beginning of January and the votes will be tabulated the end of January. So, if the actors union votes to strike, that would put a halt on production at the end of January. Filming of a season usually ends around April, so if they go on strike, it is VERY possible there would be no more episodes produced for the season. Sure hope they film episodes 14 & 16 before then! Because it would truly suck to have a halt to Eric & Calleigh for the 2nd straight season.

4. delkolover

Well there seems to be snag with the strike....so hopefully it won't happen. Since the NY chapter put out the bad words against the LA chapter and said NO to a strike b/c of the economy....they think more actors will side with the NY board. Which has 14 out of the 75 overall board members.

Which means we could skate thinly by this season w/o a strike. I mean a lot of the actors are coming out saying it would be a bad idea to strike given this harsh economy. And interestingly enough, the big name actors only make up 10% of all the members....the rest are actors who make less than $28,000 a year and do other odds and ends things to make ends meet....do you really think, in this horrendous economy, that those people will vote for a strike when they really need the money now? I don't. They'd be crazy if they did.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  5. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

I seen a interview on one of the news show that said that the Movie industry was one of the only thing still making money right now and in the last depression that people still went to the movies even though money was tight. So if they are still afloat and times are getting hard I see no sence in them making any more waves.

What ever happem to help your fellow man out, Love thy neighbor? Some of the richer stars with the big fine houses should show some love to the ones that don't make as much! Let them stay in some of those unused rooms. Hey Brad & Angelena should start adopting some of the less paid actors and let them stay at there house for awhile. At least they would have some in house baby sitters for all those kids and they wouldn't need to hire a nanny!

6. delkolover

Sooo true! :D

But if the actors strike whatever movies are in production and not ready for the theaters will halt b/c you can't finish a movie w/o the actors....so we will be screwed all around.

In the end if they strike, they will screw themselves. They will lose credibility with the fans for striking and demanding more money when the economy is in the state it is in.

7. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Here is a link to an article from Daily Variety.

I don't think that a strike will happen and cooler heads will prevail. This is a bad economy to be out of work, even for an actor. Most actors aren't millionaires and work hard for scratch.

Back to Eric and Calleigh: I can't believe that we have to wait so long to get a new episode. What is it, like three weeks?? ARGGGH! :brickwall:

I have a really good feeling that we're going to be rewarded for being so patient though. Emily and Adam didn't say WHEN all of this good stuff was going to happen; they just said it was time... :p

Good things happen to those who wait!;)

8. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Hey, guys! I haven't checked this thread since two days ago and I can't believe how much I missed. It looks to me that we'll be starting the new one really, really soon.

About the strike, I hope it won't happen... It would really suck.

Emily and Adam have never said when something would happen. Up until now all they have been telling us is what they wanted and thought should happen. But in this last interview there was something about the way they said it that made me think that this time they know more. As somebody said, 7.14 could have been filmed already, and I presume that they have scripts for later episodes, so there is chance that something will happen and that they know it. Anyway, I hope they do. And just for the record, if I were Emily, I would be equally excited to do a love/sex scene with Adam Rodriguez.

9. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

You are absolutely right. They never said when it will happen, because they can't. It wouldn't be a surprise if we will know that before it happens. Besides they can tease us this way and I'm sure improve ratings by the way. But of course Delkolover has definitely right, press is the one confusing us all the time although I think it's both sided benefits. I mean press love to write about it, cause people like to read it and on the other hand producers like it too, cause it keeps people interested. So i I guess everyone use it to their own purposes. I won't mind it if they will give us eventually what we want, it means Calleigh and Eric together.:)

10. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Okay, I have a question for the group to speed up the process of starting a new thread! ;)

Once Calleigh and Eric are together, is Calleigh's relationship with Jake gonna be discussed in some way? Do you think it should be?

We all know how much Eric was hurt when that happened (almost as much as we were) and I think that he would like to talk about it, to know why Cal did what she did. On the other hand, maybe he just wants to forget the whole thing and finally be happy with Calleigh. I don't know. I also think that it's not gonna happen, because that would be a continuity and we know that CSI Miami doesn't do that very often.

I must say one more thing. Whenever I feel bad about EC not progressing as fast I imagine it should, I visit the threads of the ships that are not working out (CSI Miami ones) and I can't help but be grateful for what we have. It might not be happening as fast as we want, but it's still happening and we will get something this season (I'm pretty much convinced that it's gonna happen).

Now, I'm over with my rant and it's your turn... Let's finish this thread in a record time!

EDIT: To the mods: Just in case mentioning JC was a violation of some rule, I apologize. I'm not trying to cause any problems... I just think it affects EC so it's okay to discuss it. If it isn't, once again, I apologize. Send me a PM if it's wrong and I won't do it again, I promise.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  11. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Well I was thinking about it too and I'm not sure. Maybe it will be mention in some way. I mean there's a possibility she would apologize him for that. I guess she knows now how much she hurt him and when they will get together she will have a chance to fix it. And maybe she should. But on the other hand it is something he may not want to discuss. Although I think they should explain it or it will be always between them and that won't be good.

12. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

I doubt we'll see them talk about Jake, if for no other reason than that Miami is more of a procedural show than a character show, and it would eat up time from the procedural. One of the reasons that Miami tends to drop character stuff and have it never come up again is that the format of the show leans more toward procedural than character drama (whereas a show like, say, Bones, is more of a character show that also has cases -- we see a lot more of the characters, we see them out of work, we know more about their personal lives. Not so on the CSIs). So I don't think Jake will come up on the show unless he is somehow relevant to something they are working.

I also think, for this same reason, the writers are going to have an interesting task ahead of them when it comes to writing EC on the show. I don't think they're going to behave a whole lot differently than they do now, with the exception of the rare times we may see them out of the lab, the occasional personal conversation, and if Calleigh is feeling free, the occasional physical gesture or kiss. (But remember, this is Calleigh, who wouldn't let Hagen kiss her in the lab, and didn't really "let" Jake either. She's not gonna be all touchy-touchy with Eric, especially now that IAB has a "no fraternization" policy).

13. delkolover

I think Eric is willing to let it go and accept that he is in her past and that she is with him. He knows she would never bring it up and so I don't think he would feel the need to b/c it would only push her away a little. She has never been on to dwell on the past and knows that so bringing him up would only rehash and reopen old wounds which don't need reopening.

The only way I think they will broach the subject of Jake is if he physically reappears. The writers sort of left that door cracked open in the premiere. There is always the possibility he could reappear which I think would be interesting to see b/c Cal said she couldn't and wouldn't wait for him but knowing how egotisitcal Jake can be he might reappear thinking he can woo her back or something. It would also be interesting to see Jake's reaction to E/C considering he and Eric didn't really get a long too well.

This is why E/C being together opens sooo many doors....there are soo many different possibilities and scenarios that could arise that would affect them personally, romantically, and professionally.

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I think that the subject of Jake is going to appear in some conversation when EC get together cause we all know that ex's are discussed between a new couple, but WE will never see it. I think it is more of a fan fic issue in that we can pretty much imagine it's going to come up between them but the way the show is done, it will never appear onscreen. Even then I don't see it as an issue between them just a mention of something that did happened. I can imagine maybe Eric making fun of him a little just to bug Calleigh for being with Jake or something lighthearted like that. However, if Jake makes a physical appearence then that's a whole other story. If he comes back then the issue I think will be addressed and maybe we will see a private conversation between Cal and Eric.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  15. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Ok, so I am thinking of E/C instead of working (as usual).
    Here are my thoughts:

If Jake were to come back into Calleigh's life then I could see Eric being upset with the whole thing which would make their relationship rocky. We all saw how Eric reacted to Jake being around last season and they weren't even together. Hopefully Jake would be smart enough to realize that he shouldn't try to get Calleigh back.

Nothing can come between these two. Dr. Whatshername isn't even coming close to coming between them. (Though I would love to see a jealous Calleigh confronting her about Eric, but that's just me)

When these two do get together it will be nothing short of spectacular. I really do hope that the writers show us an intimate moment like a kiss or maybe even something more because in all honesty it is what we all want to see.

I know its a procedural drama and characters are not supposed to be involved with each other but hey, it was bound to happen. If they can have Danny & Lindsay having a baby on CSI NY then we can get something out of Calleigh and Eric.

That's all for now from snowy Chicagoland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.