Anna/Lindsay #5: She Rocks!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i was blown away by Anna and Carmine in "The Box", they were brilliant completely sold their scenes and ep.

the locker room scene.... perfection. i watch so many shows with personal drama but i have never seen a personal moment so real, touching and moving as this.

no one could have done a better job at the emotional moments than Anna, it just proves why she's a fantastic actress and how she fits wonderfully playing Lindsay.

i bougth the ep off iTunes i'm watching it before i go to work to have a happy day :)

2. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I'm so happy that I can't put into words how happy I am this thread exist. If it or one like it didn't exist, I'd create it. I'm sick and tired all these negative posts about Anna and her character Lindsay. I know everyone has their own opinion and this forum is a place to express it-good or bad. But, honestly, I'm OD'd on all this negativity towards Anna and her character Lindsay. Which is why I'm so happy this thread exist. I like Anna and I like her character Lindsay. In fact, Aiden fans might hate what I'm about to say if any of them come here and read this but I like Lindsay better than Aiden.
    Anyway, it's nice to know I'm not the only CSI: NY fan who like Anna and her character Lindsay. :thumbsup:

3. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I totally agree with everything you said. The locker room scene was perfect. I don't know how often I rewatched that scene. It was nice to see the story told through Danny's POV. Now I'm hoping we'll also see Lindsay's POV. I'm excited to see her reactions.

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

The Anna/Lindsay character thread has existed for years. You're right, this forum is a place where both positive and negative opinions should be expected, with that in mind you are, of course, entitled to your opinion just as others are entitled to theirs. This thread should be about Lindsay/Anna, not about other fans or whether or not you like what is being said elsewhere in this forum.

5. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i don't want to sound defensive or mean but Aidena and Lindsay are two totally different characters. i'll always be an Aiden fan she was awesome and tough. Lindsay is complicated, sweet, and flirty. i'm a fan of both characters and actresses. i can see where people may like Lindsay more than Aiden, Aiden was dark and very NY and Lindsay is light and more out going.

i love coming in here as well. i hate character bashing b/c i would never do it since i hate it so much, but that's me, i'm nice i guess lol.

Anna/Lindsay are popular no matter what people think, just look at E!, EW, and TV Guide usually the questions about NY are about Lindsay and Danny more than anything else. and the writers know what/who's popular and what the viewers want otherwise there would not be so much D/L or so much Lindsay.

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I agree that Aiden and Lindsay are very different, but one of the things I've always questioned in the description of Lindsay is that she's "sweet." When has she ever been sweet? I'm genuinely curious because I've never seen her that way. Determined, hard-working, and driven, but I've never really seen her as a sweet character. I don't know that that description fits any character in a CSI show, though. Maybe Danny, with the way he kept trying to be there for Lindsay in season three, and how determined he was to help clear Hawkes in "Raising Shane."

I don't think disliking a character makes someone not nice. Let's avoid characterizations like that. ;)

I think it shows Danny is popular and that the romance is, but I'm not sure it reflects on Lindsay. Screentime-wise, she's got significantly less than other characters.

7. privatename

privatename Rookie

Deleted - off topic.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Seriously? Can we get back on topic, please.

9. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I think it's okay when I go back to talking about Anna/Lindsay now, okay? ;)

Like I already said somewhere, when I started watching the show, Lindsay was my very first favourite character (and she still is my favourite character). I wondered which my favourite Lindsay episode is, and I can't really decide. :lol: There are so many great episodes with her.

Apart from The Box, I totally loved her in Stealing Home. It's one of the first that comes to my mind. Lindsay was so amazing in this epi! I loved how determined she was to solve the case and find answers.

And of course I loved her in The Box. And n SOOH. And NWILL. See, I have many favourites. :lol:

10. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

For me, it's mostly in how she puts herself aside and sometimes seems even a bit shy, especially when her sudden enthusiasm about solving a case comes through. And also in the way she (albeit a bit clumsy) shows that she really cares about victims and people in general.

It's hard to explain, but when I see her I just don't see the selfish and harsh person you often see, I just see a kind person who reacts when she is hurt or suspects to be hurt.

In the article Pam Veasay says about Lindsay: "We'll meet her relatives".

I'm looking forward to that. In the way Danny talked about it, it sounded like Lindsay had a good relationship with her dad, so it will be interesting to see him come to NY and also to find out if her mother is still in the picture of if she has siblings.

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I guess I haven't seen much of that side of her--save for when the victim reminded her of herself in "Stealing Home." I think she's good at her job, but I often think she overlooks the human aspect of it. And maybe that's how she works best.

It's not even a negative view of the character necessarily...I definitely understand that she has qualities that people like about her. It's just I've never really seen sweet as one of them.

I'm curious about Lindsay's relatives. It sounds like she has a good relationship with her dad; I wonder how she relates to her mother. I wonder if it's possible that her issue with mothers runs deeper than the whole dark secret thing--if maybe she and her mother don't get along so well. Either way, I hope seeing her family gives us some more insight into her as a character!

12. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I'm curious about her family as well. Since I watched Stealing Home for the first time, I want to know more about them. I agree, during the time, I also got the feeling that she possibly has or had a closer relationship to her father. She mentioned him in Stealing Home in that scene with Sid. And Danny mentioned him and the birthday presents as well last episode. I'm also interested in seeing her relationship to her mother, because she has never been mentioned before. And maybe we will finally out if she has siblings or not. Maybe we'll also meet Uncle Freddie then.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  13. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Since her mother is never mentioned before, perhaps her parents are divorced and for some reason Lindsay mother was to blame for that and was plausibly raised by her father. That could also be a reason why she is a bit hesitant about marrying Danny at first.

14. BeccaKarenWoods

BeccaKarenWoods Victim

Dont mind me but I just saw that you guys put that Lindsay mom has never been metioned before but in the episode when Lindsay got bit by the snake Lindsay said that her mother gave her a used pinto, lol, just thaugh i would say :) i think we will get to see Lindsays mother because i think they will use the fact that she's not close to her, so maybe it could be harder for herself as a Mom

15. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Ohhhhhhh! I totally forgot about that scene! Yes, she was mentioned in Sweet Sixteen. Thanks! I can't believe I forgot about that. :lol:

I would love to see her Mom. And her Dad. And I'm still wondering- does she have any siblings? What do you think? I think when Danny and Lindsay marry, we'll find out. I'm so excited.

Btw, BeccaKarenWood, I love your signature! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.