CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jolein

jolein Pathologist

Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

It doesn`t suprise me and while I dread it,at the same time I do find it intersting to see how it plays out.
    It gives another layer to the show,wether that is good or bad remains to be seen.
    But one thing is sure,it does set them apart from the original and Miami.
    In that respect,they are doing what they have said all the time.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Urg! My internet crapped out, so I wrote this like an hour ago and am just now getting to post it. Therefore, I'm not the first one to say some of these things. :p

I'm highly amused, actually. :lol:

Way to be 'not typical', NY - Danny finds out he's going to be a father and he's suddenly going to profess his love and propose. That doesn't come out of nowhere or anything. Subtlety, writers, subtlety! A slow build-up! You don't suddenly drop everything on at once like a ton of bricks.

I'm going to be psychic and guess that Lindsay will say 'no' to Danny's out-of-nowhere proposal (which seems less about love and more about 'doing the right thing', whether that's his intended motivation or not). But of course they'll get married - we wouldn't want NY to be too realistic. Luv always ends with marriage and babies. *chortle*

Melina looks gorgeous, as usual. :) Also, their ratings average is a bit off - It's more like 13.61 million average viewers for the first nine episodes (according to the Nielson ratings). That's still good, don't get me wrong. However, they didn't point out that ratings went up for the first three episodes and then declined for the next four - the 100th episode got a bump, and then it was down again for last week. Competition matters and such, but still - going by the numbers, it started out strong at the beginning of the season and has already lost some steam. I hope ratings go back up, though. (I do find it funny to say that more people are watching than ever before when clearly, they aren't - fewer people are watching TV period. Perhaps a larger percentage of those who watch TV are watching NY than ever before, but not a higher number of people all around. [/dork] :p)

Moving on - I hate that they moved Sheldon to the field to give him more screentime and then haven't actually done so. Recently, I'd say Hill is probably taking more time away to travel (first to campaign for Obama and now back to talking to young people and about mentoring and such), but I hope the show finds ways to give him more stuff despite Hill possibly having a lighter schedule. The upcoming storyline with his ex-girlfriend should be good - Hill is great, and I'm looking forward to seeing him get to work with a meatier storyline. :)

I'm surprised that the Stella storyline might be the finale! But it'll be great to see Melina write an episode. :D

It's good to know that this procedural crime drama will at least retain it's procedural edge. :lol: It's like a tub - the tub itself is procedural, but it's filled with more and more soap. :p

ETA: Oh, and I forgot to mention that I'm glad we'll be seeing more of Flack and Sam - if they added more family and friendship stuff, I don't think I'd be so annoyed by the romantic stuff. I'm apparently more optimistic than I try to be because I'm still crossing my fingers that we'll see Papa Flack show up sooner rather than later. :p

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Agreed...if anything, it makes it look much more like Danny is trying to be a stand up guy--and contradict what Lindsay said about him in 509 about "knowing" him--than it does that he genuinely loves her and wants to marry her.

Yeah. We need more Hawkes, that's for sure! He gets less screentime than he should. I feel like the majority of the screentime goes to Mac, Stella, Danny and Flack (in that order) and then Lindsay, Hawkes, Adam and Sid are kind in the second tier for screentime. Aside from Lindsay, they're all more deserving of more screentime.

4. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

5. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Was definately an interesting read.

The marriage thing i was kinda expecting but I can actually see Lindsay doing the right thing and saying no but the idea its gonna happen is scary. And fact it makes her closer to him just means that yet again she may start to become her own character but no without Danny.

Its nice to see the private lives of them as me and my dad were talking about it tonight as we watched last seasons CSI Miami which is new eps here in UK, he said he prefers NY because its a show that has characters and you see more of them.

Nice to see aswell they are doing it for all of them and letting them all have there chances.

Was funny tho reading about hiding the preganacy first time around because thinking abut it it must have been frustrating having to think will it show etc in scenes now its like ok no need to hide the fact. Didnt realise was due Jan tho pretty soon.

6. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

They're still kinda hiding it which is why I think it wasn't necessary to include it this time. Obviously Lindsay is not as far along as Anna so I don't think we're supposed to be able to tell she's pregnant yet. If we are supposed to then Danny has got to be the stupidest guy on earth not to have noticed. :p But then again, maybe Danny's super sperm produced twins, triplets, or more. :lol:

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yep, I'm so glad we haven't seen the last of Sam. Their sibling dynamic is so great, I can't wait to see more. I too still hold out hope that we'll see Papa Flack make an appearance at some point. :lol:

I was surprised to hear that the Greek storyline might well be the finale. I did, of course, notice that there would be a big Mac Taylor episode coming up, no surprise there, but yes, if the finale focuses on Stella I will be very surprised indeed.

The last page of the article has a picture of Lindsay with her hand on Danny's arm/shoulder. I can totally see that scene being the one where Danny asks her to marry him, and of course it will undoubtedly come across as him wanting to 'do the right thing' and rightly Lindsay will turn him down. I'm used to the idea of a Danny/Lindsay baby now, but I'm still trying to get my head around the idea of them actually marrying. :lol:

8. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I had to LOL at that scene though. If that is the scene where Danny proposes, I find it hilarious that he does it while Lindsay is holding a cup of coffee (or something) and a donut. It took a while for the baby thing to sink in for me too. It'll take the same amount of time for the marriage thing to sink in also.

9. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

So what does the baby mean for Lindsays character?

'a beautiful new connection to Danny'

Says it all!!!!!

10. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Finally i read it YAY! A season finale for my Stella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Love it. And i love Melina is part of the writing process as well.:bolian::bolian::bolian::bolian::bolian::bolian::bolian::bolian: Does it mean we are going to suffer DL until the Season finale where writers will finally recover the common sense???
    Where is the childbirth scene? I was expecting the "he he he ho ho ho" scene and Danny pacing back and forth in the hospital corridor. And of course, the last scene of the season, Danny saying "This baby is product of our luvvvvvvv" and Lindsay emoting:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: holding the newborn (quite a resemblance with Fay's creation:lol:)
    Too bad, producers, you dissapointed me:lol:

Seriously, this nonsense must be terminated:scream:

And i hope next season these writers will make justice to Mac and Stella as a couple. We deserve it!:bolian:

The embassy storyline was quite well filmed so i don't think it could tire to anyone;) (I have faith it will be strong enough to last until the Season Finale)
    But i agree with you...why can't we go back to Season 1:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Mac and Stella together all the time showing how close they are, Danny as a very interesting individual character :rolleyes: Donnie having a great chemistry with Danny and Aiden in special....Aiden and Stella as sisters..... YES; I MISS SEASON 1:(

Debbie:)

11. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Forgot to mention earlier tho that i really love the picture, not sure why but they all look amazing. Pity the whole team couldn't be in the shot and that would be really nice.

Hav eto say tho this time around the pregnancy seems to workin for Anna if that makes sense she looks amazing considering it was a lot more noticeable last time around.

12. electra

electra Pathologist

I wish my english was better to explain how disappointed I am.As much as hate GSR ,this is worse.D/L have barely talked in ages for be getting married already!!!:eek:

Do we know for sure if this is tomorrow episode?I still love the show but no way I will watch the NY version of a bad soap opera.:scream:Time to watch law and order again.

Finale looks promising.Melina will shine for sure.

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'll just echo that I'm not surprised that Danny will be professing his love and proposing. I'd actually be surprised if he didn't. It's so in Danny's character to want to do the right thing and to want to please people so of course he'll tell Lindsay what she wants to hear and offer to make an honest woman out of her. It sounds like from what AB said in the interview Lindsay will be turning him down, which does surprise me. I would expect Miss "say what I want to hear and I come running like the needy but selfish person I am" Monroe to jump at a proposal.

What makes me really WTF? is how TPTB think the viewers will just believe that Danny and Lindsay really are in love and want to spend the rest of their lives together based on their history. :rolleyes: Actually, the amount of people who will swallow the story hook, line and sinker will probably make me WTF? the most. :rolleyes:

I'm waiting to see what happens, but I think CSI: NY could turn into a more LOLtastic show than Miami. That's hard to do when Miami's got H and his Shades of Justice. I just wonder how long Gary Sinese and Carmine Giovinazzo will stick around for the LULZ.

At least TPTB are actually admitting they're entering soap opera territory and not trying to totally pass themselves off as a serious crime drama to fans who know better. But it really is a shame that they went from the awesomeness of S1 to such a craptastic story line as the Drama Llama. So much for hoping Carmine will still get some good story lines despite Danny being tied to Lindsay and little Dindsay Dantana Monroe-Messer. Well, I was somewhat pleasantly surprised by the "bomb dropping" episode so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised by how they move on from here. I'm not dumb enough to hold my breath for it though. :shifty:

ETA: I think TPTB's idea of "not typical" will be telling the majority of the story through Danny. The story line its self will just be another cliche in the BFC (Big F*ckin' Cliche. I was gonna say BHC for Big Honkin' Cliche but then it would get mixed up with the Black Hole of Continuity and we can't have that.) that has been the whole Danny and Lindsay story line, but as far as a TV show focusing on the father and his POV while the mother is also a main character, I'd say that's pretty atypical.

ETA2: If TPTB really don't want to take the typical route with this story line I say bring on a pregnant Rikki! I'd love to see a pregnant Rikki and pregnant Lindsay throw down and have a big ass "Dynasty" worthy cat fight complete with a fountain or swimming pool for them to fall into during the smackdown. Then Danny could show up looking like Thumpy G and watch his baby mommas go at it. [​IMG]

Rikki would totally kick Lindsay's ass. Rikki PWNS Lindsay in every way possible.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  14. Lindsayrocks

Lindsayrocks Victim

You guys just need to get over urself already this storyline is going to be interesting to watch. Lindsay is selfish u guys r. wanting everything ur way then complain about lindsay is going to have danny baby. u know what rikki wasnt a real love interest anyway they slept together once both of them knew is was a mistake and they ended it. get over it. :devil: you wanna know why cuz lindsay is having danny baby :lol:

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Not an impressive second post. If you'd like to continue to post here, I suggest you not tell others to "get over" themselves and stick to the topic at hand. Also, spelling out words like "you" and "are" might help as well--this is a message board, not a text message. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.