CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

Ok, so the preview for next week confirms that Adam is the one who gets let go - but you know they can't get rid of him for good! (Not least of which because AJ has a five-year contract. :lol:) But the interesting thing will be seeing how it plays out and how Mac is able to keep him around.

It's interesting that Mac is fighting to keep him and Stella is telling him not to. Very interesting indeed. This should be a very good episode for those three - Gary, Melina and AJ are such good actors that I'm excited to see how it all goes down.

The case also looks interesting, BTW. ;)

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Oh no!!! Poor Adam!!! :( :( :( What about those early spoilers indicating it was Stella he was asked to let go?

Damn. :( I can't wait to see how it plays out...but poor Adam!!!!

3. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

did she really say she loved adam??? well who doesn't
    had to watch the a few times, and i take from it that shes saying mac has to fire him? idk, but if she is i would think it would be to save her job, right, a choice between her or adam, but that wouldn't make sense, cause Adam makes no where near as much as Stella. idk, keep adam get rid of the lab techs that were watching him throw paper airplanes. he a least figured out what the paper was.

My guess, Adam gets brought back and he is tempted to through Stella off that bridge, jk jk, i love them both, no one is going off the bridge.........yet.

The scar really, thats what they are focusing on? the scar, seems over done, but eh, the taxi cab killer was all about the cross, so lets see how this goes.

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah I wonder if that guy will be back.

I also wonder about the early spoilers. And hope they don't argue long. I loves my Smacked.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I hope they don't get rid of Adam. He makes the show more interesting. :lol: Though I think the Stella/Mac thing is not what the promo makes it seem. They are sometimes misleading. Remember the taxi cab one where they made it look like it was Lindsay that was in danger from the taxi killer and it was really Reed? I just can't see Stella telling Mac to get rid of Adam... so that conversation must be something entirely different.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  6. Faylinn

I believe spoilers for 5.11 indicated that the Greek storyline would be brought back up in that episode. I dunno if they'll put something in before then - I saw no indication of it if they did.

As for Adam - yeah, GTuruturu, Stella said she 'loves' him - as I'm sure they all do. It sounds to me like she's telling Mac he doesn't have a choice but to let Adam go, while Mac is trying to figure out how to keep him around. I haven't re-watched the preview, though, so that's my interpretation based on that interview Melina and Gary did not too long ago.

Maybe they originally planned to have Stella be the one on the chopping block but changed their minds when they came up with this Greek storyline? Or maybe they just decided it would be more believable with a lab tech and a newer member of the cast - casual viewers might think it's really possible that Adam could be gone for good.

Also, the foreshadowing of Adam 'trying to keep his job' this week was a bit heavy-handed after seeing the preview. :p

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  7. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Are you sure Stella is saying to let him go? I replayed it several times and it sounds like the sound bite was "Spliced" where she says "I love Adam" and then she says look... and then it sounds like it was stopped and she says I dont think you have a choice here.

8. Faylinn

Like I said, I'm basing my interpretation on what Melina said in that interview a little while ago - Mac is saying they can get rid of some equipment or something to keep the person (Adam, as we now know), and Stella tells him they can't get rid of the equipment.

I'm sure she'd want to keep him if they could, but I guess she's the voice of reason in this situation - although Mac always does what he wants anyway. :lol: And really, Mac's gotta find a way to make it work since we know AJ's not going anywhere. (Actually, who knows how they work it out - maybe Stella is the one who finds a way to keep Adam around.) I'm really interested to see how it plays out.

But yeah, I have no doubt the dialogue was spliced in the promo - they always do that. I guess we'll see next week.

9. Top41

That would show that they learned from the whole HIV storyline with Stella...which would be cool.

Not that I want Adam gone, but I want believable risk, not just something we know will get resolved in two episodes.

10. Faylinn

Yeah - although I recall seeing Adam in the spoilers for 5.07 and 5.08, so even if he's fired for more than one episode, he'll still be around. (I don't remember if he's working or just present in those episodes.)

Even though it looks like Stella is saying they have no choice but to lose Adam, it makes me wonder if she might be the one who figures out how to keep him in the lab - that might lead nicely into him 'asking her out' in 5.08 (however that turns out ;)).

(Anybody ever think it's funny that we're talking about Adam like this less than three years after "Bad Beat", when he barely registered on anybody's radar in his first episode? Maybe it's just me. :lol: Oh Adam, you've come a long way, baby.)

11. Top41

^Adam's evolution shows just what a great actor can do with a small part. ;)

I wonder if things actually changed from the spoilers from earlier; maybe Mac will find some other way to keep Adam around? Or maybe it will be a one-episode thing. I guess we'll see!

12. Faylinn

AJ has definitely done great things with Adam - I'm glad the writers didn't let him slip away. :D

I'm really curious about how the storyline works out.

Also, I hope for tears. Yes, I know I'm evil, but I want to see Adam cry. Preferably if Mac comforts him (awkwardly). :D I am not ashamed.

BTW, ANGELL NEXT WEEK - WOOT! :D I've missed perving over Miss Emmanuelle. ;)

13. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

i love this uncertainty about adam, how long has it been since there was a real nail biter!!!!!

i mean i know he's not gone, cause eh hem, contract, and the fact that in that i think emmy interview he said he had read the script for 101, which come on if he wasn't in that one why would he get a script. So uh,

idk, lack of spoilers about him makes me excited, i should stop reading them and just be surprised by the eppy, but, yea thats not gonna happen.

14. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

:( Poor Adam! I think it will be an interesting storyline. I can't wait to see the plan they come up with to keep him around. He's the most awesome lab tech, they would never just accept that they had to let such a talent go! :lol: I want to see the whole team fighting for him!

15. Top41

Thinking about tonight's episode...seriously, Adam figures everything out. Mac's gonna be so screwed without him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.