Grissom and Sara;#34 GSR...Back With A Passion

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by bengali13, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

wonderful Tuesday afternoon from down here! :lol:

i can't believe that the ninth season has started already! does anybody else find it a little crazy that for like 3 months we were all completely tied up, anxious, skeptical, basically a little inner emotional breakdown all for one hour of fiction? LOL.
    i can really take a negative outlook on things :rolleyes:

i'm so stoked for The Happy Place though, all of the promo's look great and all the spoilers that have surfaced so far look incredible. i think that we're guaranteed some great Sara scenes and Grissom scenes [and Grissom/Sara scenes;)] i really don't want Sara to leave , but what's done is done i guess.

well...before Thursday I've got to re-watch Too Tough to Die, get my knowledges all sorted out :bolian:

2. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

I don't know if I will continue watching CSI faithfully after Grissom and Sara leave. I'm certainly going to try though, because as others have said, I still like the other characters, but when Sara left last year, I actually missed the episode "Drops Out" and I didn't really mind at that point. So, in the end I will still watch CSI in some capacity, but I may tape some episodes and view them later or even skip episodes. Of course, this all depends on how the writers carry on the show after GSR leaves and how the new characters integrate themselves into the cast. Who knows, I could really like the new characters and therefore, still watch the show faithfully. :)

Oh, gsr_rulz, that novel with great GSR mentioned earlier is called, "Nevada Rose." It's under the whole CSI: Crime Scene Investigation series, so if you go to a book store, you could probably find it in the mystery section under "C." I'm currently reading it. :)

Hey, x3nity, I'm totally up for a weekly GSR half-hour comedy sitcom! :lol:

3. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

Spoiler pics from 9.05 - Grissom with LH - up on that site we don't talk about. I have no idea how to get them here ... I'll leave it to the techies. But I will say that they look more sad than hot to me personally.
    Ali

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

PLEASE NO caps of LH on here:scream:, that would be offensive, to all GSR:klingon: fans, [well to me anyway] all she's ever done is cause chaos and friction for I'll say, Grissom, Sara always was the bigger one where she was concerned, in "TGTBATD' she goes to him "go do what you have to do" how trusting is that?, I was always amazed why he had anything to do with her afer "LHB" in friggin' S/3, there was no point. He lives in Vegas, and she lives in Vegas, yet they chose to only see one another 4 times in 8 years ludicrious, and stupid:confused:.. so anyway on our couple, I wonder what ep. Sara will be in after "The Happy Place"

TOO HOT

5. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

Sorry ... didn't mean to offend anyone. Maybe I'm off base, but I found the photographs sort of reassuring in terms of GSR ... because they don't look "romantic" to me in any way ... and because I'm under the impression that this epi will actually be informative and part of the process of Grissom and Sara finding their happy ending.

Honestly, I've never quite gotten TPTB's assertion that LH was so important to Grissom or that they'd been through so much together ... but since that's the stance they're taking on this one, I'm sort of sitting back to watch it play out. I don't have the hatred towards LH that others do because I don't really see her as a threat to Sara or the GSR.

Different strokes ... but I'll contain future musings on LH and her pics to the picture spoiler thread, just to avoid stirring up trouble :)

Ali

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Ali your not offending anyone, sweetie, if you like her that's fine, but there is a pic. thread for her photos, no need to put them in here, that's all. I'm sorry if I came across to strong and have no right to ever tell other fans what to do..;) I just don't sse a need for this character right now, when everything is so sensitive with GSR, ya' know?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  7. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

I understand, Desert. I'm just so sure that this will all be OK that I'm actually curious as to what TPTB will do between now and epi 10. To have Grissom or Sara end up with anyone but each other would be a massive shift from everything they've done for the last 2-3 years. I think 9.05 will give us some nice scoop on GSR that we might not get otherwise. Heather is harmless. I'd bet $ on us, if we were in LV ;)

Ali

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I don't come in here often. As the ship is not one I support.

I can certainly understand people not wanting to watch after Billy leaves, but from what I can tell, I think Billy wants the fans to keep watching the show and he is still a part of it.

If you don't want to watch a show he's in, don't you want to see the show he's part of creating? If Nick left, but George was a producer it wouldn't be the same thing, but if he's helping to create it I'd still like to watch it.

Just food for thoughts before you make your decision to stop watching the show.

Billy seems to want you to watch it.

9. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

well thank you for your semi annual attributes. :thumbsup:

i'm definitely watching after WP and JF are gone again, i admit it'll be harder without GD but i'll survive. change is good right? :rolleyes:
    but i agree with GSRluver, i missed 3 or 4 episodes last season after Sara left and i didn't really care all that much , but i'll try this season. after all the seasons are limited, we might as well make the best out of it.

as for the spoiler pics for 9x05 on the site we don't mention ;)
    Cahterine looks really good in them. all the characters have changed somehow, either in appearances or emotion effecting their expressions maybe?
    but the Grissom/LH ones look...kind of threatening , i'm not gonna lie but more sorrow than lust in my opinion. i'm still feeling good about it.

but then again, we're familiar those funny little games TPTB like to play :shifty:

well...i'm off to continue spreading the joy...

10. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

Hey, y'all. I noticed that Jacqueline Hoyt was the writer for 9.05. She was also the writer on TCOTCDC and GDC. Kenneth Fink, the director for 9.05, also directed LD/DD, GBAGL, WTG, and a number of other great Sara or G/S epis. I'm just sayin'

I looked at the 3 pictures that were posted later on the spoiler pic thread on my office computer, which has a higher resolution screen. When the pics are first coming up, they're displayed larger than the screen and then shink back down to normal size once fully loaded. Looking at Grissom's expressions in the larger view - particularly in the second of those 3 newer pics - he looks anguished, not hot & horny. Looking at the pics on my laptop, it looks like he's just sort of gazing at her ... but on a better quality screen, you can actually see his red, watery eyes. That man can emote with the best of them.

Remember that the working title of this epi (if the spoilers were accurate) was "revelations" ... I really believe we'll actually learn some of the things we've been wondering about w/regard to Grissom and Sara as LH questions him about his state. Given all the times TPTB have jerked the gsr base around when it comes to LH, maybe this is actually a nice little gift in disguise!

I'm actually much more nervous about how they will deal with Sara's departure tomorrow than anything that might (but won't ) happen in 9.05. If I wasn't so wildly curious, I'd be tempted to record it and watch after hearing the reviews.

Ali

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  11. PiperGrissom

PiperGrissom Police Officer

Well, here we are at Thursday again! Let's hope this is a good eppy. Looks good, so I am hoping.
    I am wondering..................if Grissom and Sara went to a Halloween party....what costumes would they wear?
    I'm awaiting your thoughts!! LOL!

12. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

random thoughts:
    bee and beekeeper (my favorite :), easy costume when you know one), butterfly/bee and flower...
    maggot and corpse maybe for a department party

13. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Good Lord, don't start these things, Piper! :lol:

Another question to ponder while you're costume shopping: Without using any spoilers, where do you think Grissom and Sara will be at the end of tonight's episode? I kind of think that Sara might go back to wherever she was, I can't remember the city. Even though I want her to stay in Vegas, I just really doubt it'll happen.

14. PiperGrissom

PiperGrissom Police Officer

I am SO sorry!!!:lol:
    I LOVE to start 'trouble':guffaw:

Ok, without spoilers,(cause I don't have any clue what's gonna happen or what's supposed to happen) I think that Sara is going to go back to wherever BUT she'll go with the knowledge that she and Gris are FINE! I think it's all gonna be wonderful before it's all over. I really do!;)
    Keep the faith, sweeties!
    Ok, my thoughts on the costume thing is this:Grissom as Zorro (read Smacky30's "Zorro Rides Again") :drool:and Sara as a beautiful Spanish maiden.

15. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

I've been anticipating lots of angst in this one because it seems like everything CBS has shown us has given the impression that we're in for another sad good-bye. And I do think Sara will leave, but I'm starting to think like Piper ... the really surprising turn would be for her to leave with some hope for a reunion in the near future. I'd be thrilled to get something that didn't tug at my heart like GBaGL, although I'm willing to endure as long as the final ending is a happy one.

This is the epi I've been sort of dreading ever since this summer, when it started looking like Sara was around for the beginning and end of the season. I'm ready to watch it and move beyond it. I'm not feeling as anxious about the next couple of epis.

Just a few hours now!

Ali

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.