Picture perfect - a series of H/Y oneshots

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Hrockz, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Summary: A series of random H/Y oneshots. Moments in time, taken from H's or Yelina's POV, stuff we never get to see on our TV screens. Read. review and enjoy!

I knock on the door, uncertain of a reply. I try to calm my nerves. I wait for a minute, two. No answer.

"Kyle?" I call out. Still no reply.

I knock again and wait for a response. Getting none I turn the doorknob slowly. I'm surprised to find it unlocked. I open the door slowly.

A pair of familiar blue eyes stare back at me. Eyes familar, yet foreign. Familiar because they remind me of someone I hold dear, foreign because they are on a face that's thirty times younger than the one I'm used to.

"Hey," I hazard a greeting. I wasn't really expecting a response. "Can I come in?"

A shrug. Kyle is seated on his bed, staring back at me.

Experience tells me a shrug from a teenage boy usually means "yes". I shut the door behind me.

"Kyle," I begin, trying to find the right words, realising how tenuous the situaiton is. "I'm - "

I'm cut off. "I know who you are."

I nod and offer a smile.

"Dad sent you." Kyle stated simply.

I nod again. An awkward silence fills the air. I decide to lean against the wall.

I take a breath. "Your father asked me to come talk to you."

An eye roll.

"Kyle, believe it or not your father loves you very much."

He bites his lower lip, as if bitting back a reply.

I sigh. "He's worried about you. He says you refuse to talk to him."

Another shrug.

"I know you're angry at him, and it's because of your mother."

I seem to have hit a nerve.

"He sent her to jail!"

"Your mother broke the law."

Wrong reply. Kyle clams up again.

I soften my tone. "Listen. I have a son about your age. And when I hit a brick wall with him, your Dad is usually the one I call. How about you give me a break and let me return the favor?"

Kyle seems to process the information. "I just want to have a family."

"So does your father."

"Then why'd he arrest Mom?"

"You know why."

I allow him a moment to think again.

"You know, your father knows what you're going through."

Kyle looks skeptical.

"He went through a similar situation as you when he was your age."

"Really?"

"Yes." I nod. "But that's for him to tell you."

I repeat what I said earlier. "Your father loves you Kyle and.... I know you've heard it many times from him but he wants what's best for you. He wants to give you what you've never had, love, stability."

Kyle sighs. "I guess."

"You think you can cut him some slack?"

"I guess."

I smile and to my surprise, he smiles back.

"I'm going to go talk to your Dad now." I turn to leave. "If you need someone other than your Dad to talk to.... "

Kyle offers a familar smile. Another tug at my heart. The boy reminds me too much of Horatio.

"I'll be sure to get your number from Dad."

I nod and smile.

I make my way to the kitchen and slide into the dininng chair opposite the older version of Caine I just spoke to.

"I think Kyle's gonna start talking to you now."

Horatio gives me a head tilt and smile that makes my heart flutter.

"Thank you." His voice rumbles.

"You'd do the same for me."

Horatio clears his throat. "I was thinking... I was thinking... Kyle needs the stability of a family. Of a father and mother."

Is he trying to tel me he's gonna try to make things work with Julia?

"Julia's obviously the wrong choice..." He allays my fears.

Blues eyes pierce mine. I stare back and detect a tinge of longing?

We sit, starring into each others' eyes, unaware of passing time.

"Dad?"

Kyle's voice breaks the silence.

"I'm sorry if I'm interupting..."

"Not at all." Horatio glances up at his son and smiles. He gestures for Kyle to join us.

I get up. I know that Horatio needs to work things out with his son. There'll be a time for us, just not now.

"I better get going."

Horatio stands.

"I'll let myself out."

Horatio nods. "Thank you."

As I open the door to Horatio's apartment, I hear him call my name.

"Yelina!"

I turn.

"I'll call you." Horatio gives me knowing stare.

I exit his apartment with a smile on my face.

2. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Yaa..another story:hugegrin:.......oh, now why can't we see this on the show?! I'm dying for a scene between Yelina & Kyle.

Great job so far! Keep it coming.:thumbsup:

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That was great! I'd love to see some Yelina and Kyle interaction. Loved Horatio saying Julia's the wrong choice. Good Job!

4. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Jep you're not rusty! Loved it ;)

5. ch3r12y

ch3r12y Witness

aww that was brilliant.. well done Wolverine! :)

6. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Thanks for the encouraging words everyone. The name change was a response to the Halloween name change offer from one of the mods. Most people took it up, it's only till November, then it's back to our old names :)

Another random one-shot that popped up in my head, we're going back in time...

I am dumbfounded by the picture of beauty before me. She is exquiste. Her features strong, yet vulnerable, all very attractive to me.

It's been a little more than a year now that Raymond has gone undercover. We don't hear from him. We don't know if he's alive. But we harbour the same hope that he'll be back one day.

In the time that's passed, trying to make up for his absence has been my main obsession. Most nights I'm not working I spend here. The dutiful brother-in-law. And yet I'm becoming more aware of the stirrings in my heart. It took me awhile to figure it out. But it's becoming harder to ignore. I'm not supposed to. I tried to date but I always find myself comparing others to her. Always find myself back here, in the place my brother used to call home.

Leaning against the doorframe, I watch as she goes about giving my four-year old nephew a bath. His bedtime routine. I watch as she lathers the mop of brown curls on his head and then rinse off the shampoo with the shower. She then helps the boy soap himself.

Ray Jr seems to enjoy making a mess out of everything, bathtime included. His mother isn't spared, she is covered in soap suds. That's such a turn on. Did I just think that? I fell the heat rising to my ears and hopes she doesn't notice.

Soap gets in Ray Jr's eyes and he cries out for his mother. She gently wipes his eyes with a towel. A simple yet loving gesture. An action that makes me smile. I take a mental picture in my head, wanting to store this image in my mind. Raymond has everything I always wanted. How he could walk away is beyond my comprehension.

"Horatio," her voice jars me out of my thoughts. "A little help?"

She has lifted Ray Jr out of the bath and wrapped him in a towel. She gathers the boy in her arms and carries the giggling bundle towards me.

"He's getting a little too big for me," she huffs under his weight, "and as you can see, I'm in dire need of a shower myself."

The word shower together with the fact that she's in wet clothes that cling to her shapely body makes most of my blood rush southward. Worrying if she noticed, I feel myself begin to blush.

She doesn't miss a beat. "Dry him off and put him to bed ok?"

I shift my wieght from one leg to another nervously. "Uh... sure."

She dumps the grinning boy in my arms and chases us out of the bathroom.

I dry off Ray Jr, then help him into his PJs. By the time Yelina pokes her head into Ray Jr's bedroom, I have just finished his bedtime story and he is fast asleep.

I stand and watch as she plants a kiss on they boy's forehead.

We make our way to the dinning room. We sit with our mugs of hot coffee. Our usual routine.

We make small talk about Ray Jr, the case we worked together on today, both unwinding from a day of poilcework.

As she walks me to the door, she thanks me again for being here.

"No worries." I flash her a smile.

I glimse a hint of sadness in her eyes.

"You ok?" I ask, concerned.

She takes a breath. "It gets..... " she struggles to find the right words, "lonely."

I nod. She's young and I know when she married Ray, she didn't expect things to turn out like this.

"I - " I want to apologise on my little brother's behalf but I stop myself. She'll only tell me it's not my fault. Instead I say, "I can stay, if you want."

That didn't come out right. I'm sure she didn't mean it that way when she said she's lonely. Or did she? But even if she did.... stop it! She's Ray's wife for crying out loud!

I watch her eyes dip to my lips. She leans forward ever so slightly. I swallow. No! This is wrong! We can't do this to Ray.

I lower my head. I hear a soft sigh escape her lips. She seems to read my mind.

She nods with a sad smile. "I appreciate the offer, really.... but I think I'm going to be ok."

She has offered me an escape route. I take it gratefully.

"If you need anything..." I offer my familiar line.

"I'll be fine." She folds her arms across her chest. Defensive.

Did I offend her?

"I'll see you tomorrow." I venture, my fingers nervously pick at my nails.

"Yeah," her lips curl upwards in a smile. "Bright and early."

"Goodnight." It takes great restraint to keep from pulling her into my embrace.

I slide into my car, wondering if her heart feels as heavy as mine.

7. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

Alriiiight, Hrockz's back in the game! :D

Great job on both oneshots, keep 'em coming! ;)

8. GregNickRyanFan

9. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Very very realistic. Now when does it get filmed? :p

There was no way around them falling in love with each other. I'm pretty sure that Horatio was there every single day, taking care of Ray Jr etc... Filling in for his brother.. I still think that Ray Sr somehow knew Horatio was very into Yelina and vica versa. Remember 10-7? When Yelina went to hug Horatio goodbye, Ray didn't look happy at all..

10. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

^ H himself even looked apologetic to Ray, like he knew that Ray knew about them. That makes it even more tragic. :(

Oh, and welcome to the dark side with the halloween names, Tati :devil:

11. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Again thanks for the positive reviews :D

Another one-shot....

It's late. It's been a long day and my aching legs are crying out to be pampered. Who could blame them? I've been on my feet since early this morning, chasing leads and following my gut. Now the day's finally over. My client happy that I helped her locate her long-lost sister. I can treat myself to a soak in the tub.

I peel off my clothing as the water fills the tub. I add the bath oils and foamy bubbles start to foam. I bun up my hair , then removing my last item of clothing I step into the bath and lower myself slowly into the warm, welcoming water.

I let out a sigh of contentment. I lean my head back against the cold, tiled wall and close my eyes. For some reason I start counting my blessings. I have been happy lately. Ray's grades finally seem to be getting better, I've had a steady stream of clients, ensuring I don't have to worry about my source of income for awhile, I have a nice little house and Ray and I have finally settled back into Miami. And now I'm in the comfort of my own tub, enjoying a bubble bath after a long day of work. What's left of dinner has been cleaned up and Ray's already in bed.

The warm water relaxes my overworked muscles. This is the perfect ending to my day. Well almost perfect. Just one more thing to make it perfect. My thoughts wonder to a certain redhead and I start to feel an ache between my legs. A longing for him, only he can satisfy. But it's more than physical. We're so much more than that. I smile to myself just thinking about him. It's been a couple of months since we fianlly got past those barriers that have always held us back. A couple of amazing months since we got together.

As if some genie heard my wish and granted it I hear a familiar low growl. The man has the uncanny ability to sneak up on you.

"Long day?" He growls.

My eyes open and I smile.

"When did you get in?"

Horatio gives me one of his head tilt chuckles. The one that make me putty.

"Just." He sits on the edge of the tub. "Ray's asleep in his room."

"I know. I'ts late and it's a school night."

"How was your day?" He asks, his voice husky.

"Good, but tired me out. You?"

"Nothing much, put some bad guys away. Nothing as exciting as PI work." He teases.

I let out a soft laugh. I lick my lips.

His fingertips skim the surface of the water, brushing my arm. "Looks inviting."

His eyes seem to darken with desire as he stares at me. I suddenly have the intense urge to grab him and pull him into the water with me.

"You're welcome to join me if you like." I flash him one of those smiles that I know drives him crazy.

Wrodlessly he removes his clothes. Our eyes never leave each others' gaze.

He climbs in slowly. He pulls me onto his lap. Our lips meet. What we do after that is the perfect ending to my very long day.

12. GregNickRyanFan

Aww that was nice. :) Too bad they can't do that on the show... or that they won't. whichever is the case.

13. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I don't think it's that they won't, it's that certain people won't let them *coughs*TPTB*coughs*...at least not yet anyways.

Shew, is it getting hot in here after that last update or is it just me?!:drool:

Great job! Can't wait to hear some more.:)

14. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Here's another :)

I slam the door to my Hummer shut. There she is, taking notes as Alexx examines the body on the grass. Her hair blows in the breeze and my heart stops, just for a moment. I take a breath, slip my sunglasses off and walk towards her.

"Ma'am," I greet the beautiful detective. "What have we got here?" Straight to business.

"Our victim is Cindy Bowman. Found this morning by that man walking his dog." She nods to an elderly gentleman who's talking animatedly to a uniformed officer.

"I was just on my way to find out if anyone has reported her missing." The curly haired detective adds. Quick to make her escape. "I'll call you if I have anything."

She takes her leave walking towards her car. She didn't even give me a hint of a smile. I realise with regret. I let my gaze linger on her a couple of seconds too long.

Alexx clears her throat. I blink. Back to reality.

"Sorry." I mutter. "Any idea what's the COD?" I focus my mind quickly back to the crime at hand.

Hours later, at TRACE, I hear her come in. I can always tell her footfall from other people. I turn and offer a smile.

"I think we might have our suspect."

Her lips turn upwards, the slightest of smiles. Is she happy because we're going to wrap this case up soon, or its it because she's genuienly happy to see me? I can't tell.

"You found something?" She asks.

"The oily reside on our vic's clothing is lubricant."

Her eyebrows shoot up.

"The kind used in car engines."

"And we have only one suspect who works as a mechanic." Her eyes dance, the hint of the smile still there.

Even that look on her face makes my heart melt. "Yes."

Another few hours later, I watch as the uniformed officer takes our killer away to lockup. I turn to her as she rises from her seat in the interrogation room.

"Nice work." I try complimenting her.

"Not so bad yourself." Finally. She's flirting with me. Not outright but I'll take what I can get. I can't believe I sound so desperate.

I'm quickly brought crashing back down to earth. "I'll see you round."

She leaves the room in a flash, no smile for me again.

I sigh. There's a mountain of paperwork on my desk. And I have to go check on the progress of Eric's case.

It is 2am when I get home. After offering Eric some words of advice on his case I had returned to my office and started on my paperwork. It still isn't finished but at least the mountain on my desk has been reduced to a respectable hill.

I find the kitchen light still on. I make my way to the kitchen and find meatloaf in the oven. Her way of letting me know she cares. It still feels warm and I eat it while I read a forensic journal.

I clean up and make my way to my bedroom. It takes a momemt for my eyes to adjust to the dim light. I enter the bathroom, shutting the door behind me quietly, careful not to wake the sleeping form on my bed.

It's 3am when I gently lift the sheets and slide into bed beside her. I try not to wake her but the moment my head touches my pillow I hear her voice.

"I was expecting you home hours ago." She says sleepily, her back turned to me.

"Sorry. Paperwork was a killer."

She laughs softly and for some reason I find that an incredible turn on.

"You didn't even offer me a smile at work today."

"You know," she teases as she turns to face me, "we can't risk people finding out about us."

I can make out her smiling face in the moonlight. "You could have at least threw me a bone. I spent the day wondering if I did something to upset you this morning."

"You know better than that." She touches my cheek with her palm.

I take her hand in mine and presses it to my lips. She shifts herself closer. She is presses herself to me. She's not wearing anything. I immediately begin to feel myself react to the proximity of her heat.

"I love you." She whispers as she kisses me on the lips, but pulls away before I can reciprocate.

"You're such a tease." I say, slightly frustrated that she had moved herself away from me so quickly.

She laughs again. "Go to sleep. I'll wake you in an hour or two. We can have some fun before we have to get up for work."

I groan. "How do you expect me to fall alseep now?"

"You've a long day, I'm sure you'll be asleep in no time." She turns and her back is to me once again.

I lie on my back. She is right I am tired. I feel my breathing slow and my eyelids get heavy. This is us. CSI and homicide detective. Colleagues, related only by the fact that she married my brother, by day. But at night, for the past year, we have lived as a couple. By day, nobody knows of our relationship, and we maintain a respectful distance. By night, we make love to each other, soul mates.

We have kept our relationship secret. Her not wanting to invite gossip, me not wanting her to get hurt because, people will do that, to get at me.

"Yelina?"

"Hmmm?" She replies sleepily.

"I love you too."

She doesn't reply but turns to rest her head on my chest. I feel her lips turn upwards in a smile. I fall asleep with her in my arms.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  15. GregNickRyanFan

Awww! that was sweet. :)