Sara/Greg #13: Sandle - The Ship of Hope

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by SaraStar, Dec 30, 2007.

1. SaraStar

SaraStar Pathologist

*hugs tight*

Yeah, the good news of the 9x01 brought me back to this thread! ZOMG Sandle is back. I'm sooo happy and finally feel Sandlish again!

I've been a very bad shipper lately, I know that. School has just kept me so busy all the time that I really couldn't come here! But I'm really gonna try to come here more often again. I've missed all of you guys!

SANDLE! <3

2. Salean

Salean Rookie

*happy dance*
    I couldn't work out what Greg was saying when he hugged Sara! Went back and rewatched the clip and it's: "I'm glad you're here." For some reason that sent me into uber-squee mode and now my flatmates think I'm crazy.

But it made me really happy. I think I mentioned in my other post (that one up there ^ that is full of rambling about the episode...) about how Sara seems to really hold onto Greg when she hugs him, as if by doing that she will hold onto her composure. That, coupled with what Greg says, is such a great display of what Sandle is all about. They need each other to get through times like this, and they both give comfort to the other, and take comfort that is offered from the other.

:D

Eva I know what you mean! I had been feeling like a bad shipper lately because, although I was posting occassionally in here, I wasn't feeling as excited about this ship as I was about certain ones in other fandoms. And then I saw 9x01 and I remembered all over again why I love this ship. Hence the flurry of posts up there ^. I can't believe I actually forgot how much I love Sandle.

Yay for Sandle!!!! :D

Karu - the longer promo for the next episode is on youtube. That was how I saw it: obviously we're not getting promos for this season yet over in England because it won't start for a while.

3. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

AAAAAAAAAAAH oh man that's awesome. I haven't seen the premiere I'm dying to watching it Ooo

I can't believe you've actually watched, you'll never be spoiler free Sal! :lol: :p I think me on the otherhand is gonna wait till it premieres in England. Sal - do you have any idea when they're showing it here?

And something I made (clickable):
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Enjoy! :)

Sandle is <33333 - how I missed this ship

4. Salean

Salean Rookie

Oh my goodness, I didn't realise it was you, Shazza! You changed your name! *is incredibly quick on the uptake :rolleyes: *
    *hugs* How are you?

:D Nope. (Well, except for 'Lost' but that's not really relevant...) I'm just too curious for my own good. And, to be honest, we have to wait so long for everything over here...

Yeah, I'm just making excuses now. :p

Good question. I'm not sure. I'll have a look around, see if I can find anything about it and report back. I won't be able to see it anyway, as I'm now at uni and don't have a tv, but I'd like to know.

Oh, and have I mentioned that I love that picture, Shazza? I think that moment may be a new favourite (well, saying that, there's quite a lot of them that are my 'favourites'... pretty much all of them tbh... :lol: )

5. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

I love your picture shazza, I especially love the quote you used. There hasn't been much Sandle art here lately... hope to see more from you!

That made me realize how much I missed Sandle... I really hope that we get more of that in the episodes to come. *crosses fingers*

6. shazza_018

:lol: Yes it's me. I just changed my name for a bit of fun for Halloween :lol: :p Sorry for confusing you :p

I'm fine thanks just doing my A level so I've been busy with school.

:lol: yeah you and your excuses! :p - I haven't seen it yet, I'll probably watch it when it airs here.

I'm not too sure either lol but I'm looking on the five.tv website now...its airs in 2009 so I'm guess Jan/Feb time :rolleyes:

AAAAAAAAAAH its my favourite Sandle moment EVEEEEEEEEEER. <3

Thank you but it's not a quote, it's some lyrics from a song called "My Heart" by "Paramore" <333 I just felt like they were prefect to use :).

I think we will since I've seen the promo for the next episode. And speaking of which...I'll put this in a spoiler box just incase ;).

I think this episode is going to be very good for Sandle, since Sara and Greg are (I assume) working together. So that should be good. But the bit at the end of the promo with Sara and Grissom annoyed me a little :rolleyes:

So I'll make some more Sandle fanart later if I'm in the mood :).

7. Salean

Salean Rookie

Yay!!!! :D Paramore = <3 :D (I got to see them in concert last Jan, which was just filled with amazingness. :D )

I see. To be honest, it doesn't take a lot to confuse me, since it is my perpetual state of being. :p

2009? Yeah, I would guess that would be Jan/Feb. That's strange, though, because I could've sworn that last year we were only a few weeks behind. Maybe it's because season 8 started in September, while season 9 has started in October?

The part with Sara and Grissom didn't annoy me as much as it could have done, to be honest. When I saw it, the first thing that came into my head when Grissom said "Why don't you stay?" was, 'weren't you listening when she said that she couldn't do this anymore'. Grissom obviously doesn't watch the promos :rolleyes:

I think that is seconded, thirded and... all the numbers after that, by everyone who likes this ship. :) Because it is made of awesome. :)

Thought I'd add what Greg says during the hug to the Sandle Moments List. I'm posting this out of a spoiler box, but if anyone would like me to put it back in one, just say :)

8. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Hey, speaking of the last episode... Grissom said that Greg was at the airport when Warrick got shot and Sara said that she caught the next flight out when she heard the news, which couldn't have been more than a couple of hours. Do you think Greg was the one who called her? It'd probably explain how she got the news so fast. What do you guys think?

9. shazza_018

Awesome! Paramore are amazingNESS! <3

Well the reason season 8 was only a few episodes behind in the UK was because of the writers strike - channel Five were able to buy the rights for the post writers strike episodes so we're were able to watch the last few episodes of the season without waiting longer. The writers strike posponed a the shooting of the last few episodes so everythings a bit behind schedule an so we won't see the premiere of this season till they've all air in the US. AAAAAAAAAAH I'm rambling sorry :eek:

Well to be honest it annoyed me alot. Not just because TPTB were STILL trying to push GSR in our faces but also because it seems that Grissom ignored what Sara said in the letter to him in "Goodbye And Goodluck" - you know the episode she left...it also shows he obviously doesn't understand her feels and there's a lack of communication between the two. If you talk to someone alot you'll understand how they feel and not ask "Why don't you stay?" :rolleyes:

AAAAAH I never thought about that. It could be :luvlove:

10. Salean

Salean Rookie

It might also explain the 'I'm glad you're here' as well: if he called her to tell her... I really can't explain this. It's making sense in my head, but I'm ill and I can't find the words. Um, let's try again. If he called her to tell her about Warrick, she might have mentioned the possibility of coming back: something like 'I'll try and get the first flight out', but there is still that uncertainty.

I really apologise if that doesn't make any sense. Blame the late onset of Fresher's Flu (like, three weeks after the start of term... random).

Heh, don't worry about it. That wasn't really rambling, anyway. It made sense and stuff.

11. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Get well soon Salean! I get what you're saying though... I'm thinking he did call to let her know, but I don't think he was expecting to see her so soon, Though it would explain why he wasn't surprised to see her... it almost looked like he had been expecting her.

12. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Oh my God, she held took his hand! The look on his face after said everything. That was so adorable. I love how he thought to call Sara, too. I just wish she said bye to him instead of just packing and leaving. But I guess that just happened offscreen, right? ;) Still, I'm really happy that Greg was on that case with her. I can't wait to see the clip again. <3

13. Salean

Salean Rookie

:eek: Ok, did I really just see that? I don't know about you guys, but that looked suspiciously like the end of a relationship to me. The talk that Sara and Grissom had in Grissom's office was actually fairly moving, I may not be a fan of GSR but seeing two characters that I have come to love over the years (seperately) coming to the point where they just can't cope with this job, their own relationship... it was kinda sad. It felt to me that this episode was almost like a goodbye to both of these characters, even though Grissom hasn't left yet.
    But I will admit that I did have a moment of 'yay'. After all, it can only mean good things for us. :p

Talking of...

I'll be honest: I was hoping for more. Greg was in, what, three scenes this episode? (Which was disappointing not only because he is my favourite character, and it meant that we got less Sandle than expected, but also because he was looking rather nice this episode... *shallow moment*) The major Sandle moment: the hand grasp, was immensely cute, though. It had so much more meaning than anything we've seen previously, imho. It was almost as if Sara had reached that point in life where she could no longer find any words to thank Greg for everything that he's done: especially in this episode. When he was called to the scene and immediately said "Can you wait a while, I need to make a call" (or whatever it was) I thought 'he knows exactly what to do, that Sara needs to be involved in this case because of how emotionally involved she has been in it in the past'. He is so sweet and thoughtful when it comes to Sara, and I'm glad that we've been able to see her beginning to realise that over these last couple of seasons. :)

... Ok, that was a bit rambly.

Did it seem to anyone else that the whole episode was a bit rushed? The cases were a bit disappointing, to be honest, because we just didn't get as much time spent on them as we are used to. I know that there have been episodes that have dealt with 3+ cases before (4x4 and Viva Las Vegas are two of my favourite episodes) but I just don't think they dealt with it very well this time. Did anyone else feel that, or is it just me being strange?

Thank you! I'm feeling a little bit better today, but not brilliant.

See this is what I'm confused about: my first thought in this discussion was 'explains why he didn't look surprised to see her', but then I thought back and realised that none of them looked surprised to see her. Catherine, Greg and Nick all come into Grissom's office one at a time, which seems to me that they had all been called, or informed, that Sara was coming back. However, even if that was true, we saw that they were all working on different things in different places in the lab. Chances are, they wouldn't have all arrived at the same time.

It's confusing.

14. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Oh my god, she held his hand and she even said thanks! Not to mention they worked a case together... sorta. But I thought it was great that Greg called Sara 'cause it was her case and I'm sure Sara appreciated it. I was a little disappointed that Greg wasn't in more scenes, but I think that Sara holding his hand is more than enough... he already knows that she's thanking him for being there for all those years and he doesn't need her to tell him. By the way Salean, the episode only showed her packing up and heading out the door... who's to say she didn't stop by Greg's place to say goodbye? *pokes TPTB* I'm starting to to think that these guys are keeping all the good stuff behind the scenes...

Come to think of it, Grissom was the only one who was surprised and even Catherine was a little startled when she first saw Sara. Nick, not so much... I think that's 'cause the others were expecting her to come back for the funeral... after all, she worked with Warrick for all those years too and I'm sure that his death would affect her like the others. The least she could do is to go pay her respects.

15. Salean

Salean Rookie

That's why we have fanfiction. No, seriously, someone mentioned a theory to me the other day which basically went along the lines of 'we write fanfiction when we feel that we don't get satisfaction from a show/book'. I think there's a lot of truth in that: I've written more fanfiction for the CSI verse than I have done for my favourite programme ever, Lost. Mainly because there is just such a lot of character moments that are left out in CSI due to their having to find a balance between the fans who want more science and interesting cases and those who want more character development in the episodes.

That was just one long ramble...

Good point. It still begs the question 'how did she know about it so soon?'. Someone must have called her, and it definitely wasn't Grissom.