What's one thing you wish hadn't happened in CSI?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by dna1009, Jun 22, 2008.

1. abbyfanx101

abbyfanx101 Civilian

I wish that Sara hadn't left, Warrick hadn't been shot (god forbid he should die:(), and that they weren't replacing Grissom with this Lawrence Fishburn guy.

As hard as it is for me to say this, I'd rather have the show go off the air, then fall apart. In my opinion, it would be much better if Marg's character got the role as superviser instead of bringing in a new character, and it's rumored(not sure if they are true) that there will be another new character(or 2).

I would tell you my thoughts on CSI: NY and Miami, but I rarely watch them.

2. abbyfanx101

abbyfanx101 Civilian

I agree with you on the someone-is-about-to-die cliffhangers. I think that they could have thought of something more creative.

3. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

If it makes you feel any better, Lawrence Fishburne won't replace Grissom as the new supervisor, Catherine will do that. And yes, I think there will be a new CSI.

I know where you come from though. As soon as cast members start to leave there's always this feeling that the series won't last very much longer. But I'm looking forward to Fishburne (his character sounds rather interesting) and hope that CSI will make it through the changes!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2008
  4. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i put one part of your reply in a spoiler box. while the part about fishbourne is not really considered a spoiler, since it has been in the media every where, some people may not know about the other part and may not want to know before it happens.

and just a note: i know people may be worried about what is potentially going to happen this season, so we have to be extra careful about what we say here since it is a non spoiler thread. if in doubt, put it in a spoiler box ;)

5. Tee

Tee Hit and Run

hmmm...I dont know if this stuffs been said, but anyways-

(btw, i watch NY mostly)

Bringing Lindsay onto the show.
    If they wanted another character to fill in Aiden's place, Sheldon had just become a csi anyway. Also, the whole D/L thing is wayy too out of hand and whenever they try to create tension from it, it just doesnt work- eg: the whole Danny sleeping with Rikki storyline.

Confirming that Peyton had left the show by that letter to Mac. I thought the storyline felt weak and it didnt seem finished (?). I was like- WTF, that was random? I guess they cant do too much about it if Claire quit during the break, but they could've brought her back in as a guest star.

The stunt casting rumored in the coming season. It's enough just focusing and building storylines on the main cast, but chucking in too much other stuff makes it too complicated and not to mention annoying if the actors cant/dont act.

The remix of Baba O'riley is GAY (in my opinion).
    The old one was awesome and original. It took ages for me to get used the new version and even then, I think the old version suits the show more.

Anyways thats it from me for now

6. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

As much as I agree with you on the remix being really BAD I don't think it's appropriate to call it "gay" since I don't think that it is a word someone should use to describe something as "bad". :thumbsup:

7. Tee

Tee Hit and Run

my bad...sorry, should have thought of that earlier.

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Two words: Lindsay Monroe.

To be fair, she started out OK with the tough chick persona and the flirty, friendly banter with Danny. Then TPTB started changing her personality what seemed like every week. The one story line they gave her (the big dark secret in her past) was done half assed and left more questions than it answered. They also decided to tie her to Danny to the point she couldn't even carry her big story line without having Danny there to help it along. TPTB seems to think they can tell the viewers things about Lindsay, and Danny and Lindsay's relationship, without showing them and the viewers will buy into it hook, line and sinker even if what's shown on screen is the exact opposite of what they are trying to sell.

To add to the craptasticness of the character development Anna Belknap is very limited as an actress, IMO. Any time she has to do a heavy, emotional scene I end up cringing because she just can't pull it off. I think the audience is supposed to like Lindsay, but Anna Belknap's performance lacks depth and warmth to the point Lindsay ends up looking like a selfish, manipulative, self-entitled shrew most of the time. She sticks out like a sore thumb and I don't think that was the intention.

I agree that Lindsay was unnecessary because Hawkes was becoming a CSI. Her joining the cast overshadowed Hill Harper who is amazing. He's still ridiculously under used and misused.

The biggest problem with Lindsay is that they've altered other characters to try and make her character more likable and sympathetic. Danny was pretty much neutered and made her lap dog for most of S3. They've even altered Mac to accomodate Lindsay. She gets away with being unprofessional and incompetent when anyone else on the team would be ripped a new one or fired for the same actions. There's no good reason for Mac to treat her differently than anyone else, yet he does and that is just insane.

If TPTB wasn't going to hire a competent actress and develop the character properly they shouldn't have even bothered.

9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Aiden leaving/dying.

I liked Aiden, thought she was a great character and a real New Yorker. She was a kickass chick. It's bad enough they had to fire her but then to kill her off like that? Come on, Aiden would've been smarter than that to fall prey to DJ Pratt's trap!

10. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

LV: GSR, I basicaly stopped watching after it. season 5 was kinda weird but S6 seemed to go uphill and then GSR happened. I think I could have stomach it if the show was still as good as before but the dynamic changed and I just couldnt be bothered. I tried to tune in twice in S8 but each time it was somewhat of a let down and I gave up

Miami: I agree with the making-Ryan-the-bad-guy comments. I mean, S3 and S4 were so great but it felt like after Delkos injury all the characters underwent a personality change. and not for the better. and with Ryan, on one hand they show that Horatio clearly trusts him a lot on the other hand they let him do stupid things right and left

NY: I second the new-credit complaints.

the second thing is the direction the character of Danny Messer took after Childs Play. he became so self centered and annoying and then top it with doing the whatever with Lady V. and the way he acted about it all. I simply couldnt believe the guy from S2 and S3 would do something like that (not even the guy from S1 whom I didnt really like that much would act this way) - not only the sleeping around but also blowing off his friends and not carrying about his job. I really hope he finally put his head out of his ass after PF. if not it will be really hard to watch the show since he seemed to be the publics favorite.

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

-Peyton leaving. Seriously, that was the worst sendoff I'd ever seen, and I watch Numb3rs. The put a guy on a space shuttle for crying out loud. Even THAT was better than "Up, sorry, here's a letter bye."
    -I don't really have a problem with the remix. I liked the old one, but it doesn't bother me as much anymore.
    -Danny completely changing in S4. It's annoying.
    -Sara leaving. (That actually made me stop watching CSI until three episodes after the writer's strike ended.)

12. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I second that!

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

They should have killed Sara off instead of Warrick.

14. saramarie2008

saramarie2008 Dead on Arrival

The one thing I wish hadn't happened is Warrick leaving. I really really wish that hadn't happened. :(

15. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Exactly what I was going to say.

Death is so final. Couldn't they have just fired him or something? Him being dead... well it takes so much that I've loved for the past 8 seasons away from the show.