Grissom and Sara;#34 GSR...Back With A Passion

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by bengali13, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I'm still a big spoiler forever, I want to know everything, like "For Warrick" it was different than I imagined, and a bit off on what we'd heard. For instance I had hoped Warrick would survive:( & I had no idea that they would nail McKeen so early, so that was off, 'cause the one ep. down the line called "MOLE' made one think that it would take that long to catch up with this rat:scream: so I'm curious as to what happens next:confused:

From Jorja~

I'll be visiting a little bit, I'll be in and out!
    http://www.buddytv.com/articles/csi/csi-actress-ill-be-visiting-a-23080.aspx

2. GSRaddict5

GSRaddict5 Civilian

I can't find the Ausiello statement on ew.com!!! Help me, please! I'm seriously, like, loosing my mind over this! I have to see first hand that he did, in fact, confirm that they would leave the show together!!! Please oh please oh please reply!!!

3. Desertwind

Frist of all, a big WELCOME to you GSRAddict5[​IMG] and I couldn't find it either but here's one better, it's in WP's own words, the star of the show about him and Sara:thumbsup:

Helping Grissom through the crisis [Warrick] will be his true love Sara, who will be back in "multiple" episodes starting with this ep. While Petersen confirms that Sara will figure into Grissom's final arc, he stops just short of saying the couple will ride off into the sunset together and the end of ep. 10 "I wouldn't want to say exactly what we're going to do--I want people to watch of course, he chuckled, "but SARA is involved"
    so there ya' go:drool: and here's a couple of caps. from "FW"

GRISSOM, GRIMACING WITH PAIN

SARA SO SAD[​IMG]

And welcome back orange_cat cherrio and all that jazz, don't stay away so long~

4. x3nity

x3nity Lab Technician

^thanks for the pics desertwind.
    --------

I have only bits and pieces of the puzzle. Reading from Alyssa’s and from the season’s premiere promo (GSR The Retrospective), must’ve been very hard for Grissom to carry those emotions especially that Warrick died in his arms. Guys, was it difficult to watch? How was it? Compare to Dead Doll? Now I am anxious ;). But then again there was lost at the end of the epi, so this is different.
    I am really glad that Sara comes back for this inopportune time, to be there for the team and especially for Grissom. The team would grieve on their own way yet will draw strength from one another. How to go on when you’re breaking inside? I don’t want this kind of ending to a csi character but sometimes what makes a story great is the tragedy. Warrick will be truly missed. And as for our GSR, they lived. And our story continues.

Question: So did it answer who called Sara? ('I caught the first flight out' scene). And how she comes to be in the lay out room being part of solving the case?
    I am anticipating how the 'dawn before the darkness' unfolds.

5. Desertwind

Your welcome x3nity my pleasure it took a while to find these, so I'm glad you enjoyed them. And on the difference between "For Warrick" and "DD" different, that was sad for GSR fans not so much for others, this ep. was heart-wrenching for all CSI fans:( even the ones who aren't on fan-sites like us fanatics. I feel an emptyness, and like a friend died, which he did:(In "DD" we all knew that they would be OK, and carry on and they did, Warrick is gone forever CRAP, and this sucks:borg: and Grissom called Sara, I don't know when, but a while back it said on the *spoiler* thread 'A devastated Grissom calls Sara" so that's why I believe they were always in touch. Did you all notice that she seemed a bit subdued, and more quiet Maybe it was the circumstances, but being gone, maybe she did take care of her "ghosts" and got healthier to come back for him. He's in bad shape right now, so one good turn deserves another:)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  6. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

Speaking of DD ... I'm curious as to whether those of you who were on this board back last summer/fall had the scoop on Sara's fate before you watched? Obviously, those of you who stay spoiler free (such inner strength!) didn't ... but I was pretty surprised at how much of the story in FW I had already heard about in one place or another and I wondered if having that much info out there was typical or not.

I know this sounds weird but ...
    given the fact that we're pretty sure Sara leaves again in 9.02, I'm sort of anxious to just get that epi over with. I am back to feeling very optimistic about Grissom's departure. With all this angst early on in the season and what looks like more to come in some dark epis down the road, I think they will give Grissom a happy send-off ... and I can't imagine that could be accomplished without Sara.

Over the summer, someone posted a script snippet on one of the sites we don't talk about. I think that snippet was from 9.02, and there was a part where a suspect was saying "she promised me everything, then she took it all away", and then the camera was to freeze on Grissom and fade out. The script was pulled down really quickly, but did anyone else see/remember this? Am I recalling it correctly? I'm wondering if this is how the next epi ends.

Ali

7. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

hey all, happy Sunday :thumbsup:
    Spoiler-Free's you're all so strong to avoid these!!

ali319, i remember somebody talking about that , but i never got the chance to see it myself but i recall what you're saying as correct...jeez i had completely forgotten about that :cardie:
    it's really tragic if Grissom can relate that to Sara , i thought he knew her intentions weren't cruel and that she still loved him? she didn't leave because she stopped loving him , but maybe she's revealed that to the audience more than to Grissom in a way :confused: maybe this is our initial "darkest before dawn" incident that they've got to overcome , love doesn't stop for something silly like that. it's a miscommunication error in my opinion. and judging by that bed scene in the promo, they'll be okay. although i have a feeling that'll be a sad scene because we hear Grissom saying "you should stay" and i'm guessing Sara would say something?? but we next see her hugging him, but they both look kind of...somber i guess. i can't really think of the right word..
    and all you spoiler people may have already seen this but here's an excellent quality preview for 9.02. despite GSR it looks like a really interesting episode.
    (Click the Watch in High Quality button in the bottom right hand corner)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFsI3BhwAFA

btw , where are our dear Seattle and Bengali?

almost forgot , Welcome GSRaddict5!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  8. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

I am also in awe of the spoiler-frees. I was thinking I should try to avoid the spoilers on this one ... just as practice for 9.10, which I really want to see without much advance warning (I say that now!)

Hey JFF, it was so long ago that the line/scene may have changed or disappeared altogether, but it seemed like perhaps it was significant because it got yanked off the site really quickly and most of the script snippets don't seem to do that ... so I assumed it was something important.

I don't think Grissom would be angry with Sara for leaving, but the whole situation, along with the quote from the yanked snippet, makes me think of Butterflied and how Grissom seemed to relate so well to an older man who entered into a relationship with a younger woman and then was lost when she moved on. Now obviously Sara hasn't dumped him for a hot young doctor, but I would think he would still feel very alone right now, and that now-unavailable script line just seemed to echo that sense of having all you've wanted and then being without it. Does that make sense?

I feel really sorry for Grissom. I think Sara has figured out what she has to do to be healthy but he's obviously just starting that journey. I still think all will end well but if this angst keeps up, I may have to start recording and watch only after I've read the recapist!

And in watching the preview, I noticed that Sara's left hand is visible when she hugs Grissom on the bed ... no ring.

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Hey, y'know, no ring doesn't mean that she doesn't have one. *grins*

I... read pretty much every spoiler that exists. I can't join the club with ya, Piper. XD

Anyway, I didn't notice that they were holding hands when they were talking, so thanks for pointing it out, guys.

10. Desertwind

Exactly, people take off their rings all the time, maybe she was keeping it private, for now and didn't want any hoopla from the other team members in this sad time. I am a hugh SPOILER, and proud of it,:) I love reading everything and anything about up-coming eposides, but to each ones own~ here's a site that you all can see all the caps from "FOR WARRICK" so enjoy

FOR WARRICK SCREENCAPS

11. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Well, I've waited a few days to post my thoughts on "For Warrick," because I wanted to let the episode sink in.

First off, I think the episode had the perfect balance of GSR, crime scene investigation, and personal team moments. I found that the episode flowed beautifully.

The first five minutes of CSI had me crying. The worst part for me was when Grissom is holding Warrick and MacKeen comes over because you can tell Warrick is trying so hard to tell Grissom that MacKeen did it, but he does not have enough life left in him. :(

On a brighter note, the GSR parts of the episode were perfectly woven in. :) I find that Sara has changed. She is more calm and zen than she used to be. If Warrick had died before she left Vegas, I'm not sure she could have handled it at all. I loved seeing Sara as the supporter for Grissom because in the past, it's mostly been him supporting her (Snakes, Nesting Dolls, etc.). When they first hug and he sqeezes his eyes shut, I think he's thinking, "Am I dreaming? Is she actually here?" I bet that hug lasted quite a while. Neither looked like they wanted to let go. :)

Seeing Sara hug everyone on the team was sweet. I'm also glad that they didn't seem surprised to see her. I think they all knew she would come as soon as she heard, except for Grissom because I think he was afraid she was never coming back...silly man.:rolleyes:

I liked the way Sara volunteered herself to do the arrangements. I also liked that small scene she had with Greg. I've always loved their scenes together and I loved this one because it showed the change in Sara, but also had Greg letting her know that he hated the way she left.

The layout room scene where Sara broke the case was awesome. I was happy to see that her skills as a CSI hadn't worn off, she had just put them in the back of her mind for safe keeping. :cool:

Now, I know all of the critics who had previewed the episode said that Billy's acting was superb in this episode, and it most certainly was, but I'm surprised no one mentioned George Eads. That scene he had with MacKeen near the end was heart-breaking. The way Nick was tearing up and shaking as MacKeen was taunting him seemed so real and true. I'm glad we got to see emotional Nicky because at first, I thought we'd just see him as angry Nicky.

Last, but certainly not least, the eulogy. I'm so glad that they fit part of Warrick's funeral into the episode. At first, I worried it would disconnect the flow of the episode, but it didn't, it only added to it. The camera pans to the expressions of all of the characters were heart-breaking. It was nice to see that they included everyone. Billy did such a good job in that scene because when I first heard the reviews of Grissom being "so emotional," I was afraid it would be too over the top and out of character, but Billy played it with the exact level of emotion for the true character of Grissom.

On another note, I have made a small step towards team spoiler free in that I am no longer going into the general spoiler threads because of the bickering. After episode 2, I may even try going completely spoiler free...maybe...:lol:

As for episode 2...

I'm a little worried. I'm afraid that in the promo Sara is saying, "Why did you lie to me?" to Grissom. I'm not sure why she would say that to him, but I'm just a little afraid of that being a possibility.

Also, can anyone tell who Sara is talking to when she says, "That's why I can't do this anymore?" That part of the promo also bugged me because right after she says that it flashes to a shot of Grissom, which makes me think he is somehow connected to her saying that.:(

What I'm wondering now, is when the bed scene takes place in the episode. If it happens near the beginning, I'm afraid she'll leave angry or spur of the moment at the end. If the bed scene in near the end of the episode, I think she'll stay around, but we just won't see her because she won't be in the lab. I'm of course hoping for the second option. :)

Help me fellow GSR fans, as my once strong GSR balloon is deflating a bit from fear of the unknown. :(

12. eyewitness

eyewitness Rookie

Hi Ali, i am pretty sure the quote you mention on your spoiler is from the episode "Butterfiled". It's from that scene in the end of the episode where Grissom is in the interrogation room inquiring the suspect, and Sara is on the side room watching the whole thing from behind the glass.
    Perhaps they will use it again on season 9 as a flashback, in a contextual manner, as an aproach to GSR issues!

I guess Sara's quote is related to her job specifically not to her relationship to Grissom. Perhaps she's trying to confort him, her way to say "i know how you feel"...
    I'm not sure about what to think of the bed scene, but i'm expecting it to be a good think really,

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  13. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I can tell you, GSRLuver, Sara is angry at Tina's husband, because she probably find out that Tina's husband lied to her, it may got something to do with Tina might come out of coma or whatever he lied about. I don't think she angry at Grissom, if she is, she wouldn't go to bed with him, she will probably put him on the couch if she mad at him.

14. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

GSRLUVER, I think when Sara says something about "this is why I can't do this job anymore," I see Brass walking away behind her, so perhaps that's who she's talking to. My guess is that Tom Adler pulled the plug on his wife without having the authority to do so and is now charged with her murder (looks to me like Greg has been called in to process the scene). I wouldn't be surprised if Tom Adler is the person Sara is speaking to when she asks "why did you lie to me?" That scene looks like it takes place in an interrogation room or a visitation room in a jail. I don't think it has anything to do with Grissom.

I'm also very curious about the bed scene and it's placement in the epi. If it's at the beginning, it might be that Sara agrees to stay and tries to do so, but in the end finds the whole Adler case too much and has to go again. I had originally assumed it would be at the end ... with the two of them having a last moment together before she took off ... and that could be it as well, I suppose. We'll know soon!

I don't think Sara and Grissom will have a falling out and I don't think she'll run off on him again. I think she'll just tell him she has to go and we'll have a sad farewell ... again.
    I still feel confident of a happy ending for our geeks. If TPTB keep the angst up without a payoff, let's face it, there won't be many people watching in November or December or whenever it is this is all supposed to wrap up. Also, they've promised to stay true to the characters and these characters have shown they love and need each other. It will be OK. I'm sure :)

Ali

15. gsr_rulz

gsr_rulz Hit and Run

Uhm....I rewatched the preview that followed last weeks episode, and I need to know if any of you saw what I saw. Although it's shorter than the preview that's posted on youtube and the CBS site, the first few seconds are VERY different....

At the very beginning of the preview, it shows a woman picking up a cell phone that is ringing. There is a very nice looking engagement ring on the left hand of that woman, and it sounds like Sara saying "hello". Also, I believe I read somewhere on this site that Grissom, for the first time ever, does not go into work when he is called. Is it possible that that was his phone and she answered and that is her hand with the ring on?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.