Eric & Calleigh Thread #30: "Do it for us"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by adorelo, Jul 4, 2008.

?

New name?

1. My destiny in your hands...

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. A Ho No Mo' so let's get nekkid

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Between us

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Because I feel for you

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. Do it for us

18 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Even nuns want to see some action!

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. Without you I wouldn't know what to do

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  9. 80% Hotness By Volume

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Nope, didn't scare her off at all... in fact, there at the end she was trying to get him to verbally tell her how he felt (at least, thats what I think she was trying to do when she told him "you know you can talk to me about anything, don't you"). But really, Jacks is right... it's Calleigh's turn to let him know how she feels. Perhaps that's what HE is waiting on, some sort of indication from her that she feels the same way.

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Some interesting points have been brought up. I really do think that she read what we heard, cause of various things:

1. The way the scene was done was IMO so that the viewer could know what they were reading without reading the paper. The most important parts of the files were "read" so we could know what Calleigh and Eric were reading.

2. Her reaction would've been totally different if she just read that he thought she helped him steady himself after the bullet as a "co-worker" and that's it. She would've just looked at him like "aww that's sweet" and wouldn't have felt the need to hide what she just read.

3. Even if what the camera showed was something different it still could've been written elsewhere on the paper.

I think the "we make a good team" statement was just a way of not anwering his question. You don't want to answer so you say some comment somewhat connected to what you're talking about and walk away hoping you "distracted" the person. That's what I thought she did. I think she was pretty shocked at what she read, cause it's one thing suspecting he kind of likes you and a whole different thing knowing for sure he wants to settle down with you (aka he's completely in love with you ;))

I do think he knows she read that file cause if someone answered me the way she answered him (or lack of answer) I would just think: she did, she just doesn't want to tell me.

When she walked away her expression said so much. Yes, I think she went home and did exactly what midnight said :lol:.

3. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Oh, I agree with that completely. What does Calleigh do best when faced with a question that makes her squirm like that? She diverts his attention a bit, and gets the spotlight momentarily off of what he wanted to know. She's an expert at that, lol.

And to be honest, I do believe that "settling down with Calleigh" was in those papers. Maybe not in Eric's words, but in Dr. Marsh's paraphrasing of what he actually told her. I don't doubt that there was probably a "dreams of settling down, having children...wants this with Calleigh" or a "seems to have fallen hard for her" in there. ;) It's kind of what my scene-elaboration fic is going to focus on (given I ever get time to write it :( ), and Calleigh gets to read more of that. :D

As far as I'm concerned, as hard as Eric has fallen for Calleigh, there is probably a lot more about her in his file than we got to see or hear. :D

The other scene that got me - the "keep him steady" in the actual part of the notes we saw, we saw more proof of that just few scenes or so before. When Eric was getting upset, and Calleigh merely touches his arm and says his name, and he calms down immediately? Aww. :D I love these two so much, lol. :D

4. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Soo true. She is his rock and they both know it. They just realized it at different times and in different ways. But the cat is out of the bag now. ;) She knows exactly where he stands; the ball is on her court.

5. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

That redirection was certainly a classic Calleigh move (as was the "would it matter if I had read it?" question in answer to Eric's question). If I had to guess, I'd still say she's probably a bit freaked out, but I'm also going to go with Caro on this one. She's freaked out like someone who just found out they were pregnant or someone who just got engaged might be. You know, that whole "Oh my gosh...I'm engaged...I'M ENGAGED!!!! I'm Engaged?" and just that whole spectrum of emotions going on right now where she vascillates between excited and scared and dumbfounded and excited and a bit wary and excited and guarded and excited.

No doubt Calleigh went home and called her bff Jill (makes me laugh, btw) and 'accidentally' clicked on a wedding site, but I think she's definitely going to be very cautious too. She's had a lot of crap in her life...

For sure! Going beyond that, I think he's very much (or very much needs to be) her rock. He is that one constant good thing in her life, and regardless of whether she would admit it or not, she depends on him very much.

6. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I think the three of you hit that nail on the head... they are each other's rock, whether they know it or not. They each rely so heavily on the other, to be there, to be that constant in their otherwise messed up lives. Now... if they would just get to that part where they admit how they each feel and committ to each other. :)

7. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Oh, hell, they both know that they're the other ones rock. They're just busy waiting for the other one to realize it without knowning that they already do realize it. I have no idea if that makes sense..but let's just say that Calleigh and Eric are being ridiculous. One of them needs to make the first move and I'm pretty sure they're waiting for the other one to do it.

A few weeks ago, I was thinking that Eric would probably just end up moving on from Calleigh and not spend his whole life waiting for her. Then the new ME showed up and I figured well, he'll probably date her or something because she'll give him the attention Calleigh isn't. But after Mondays episode, I changed my mind and figured that yeah, he probably will keep waiting for her. The guy wants to 'settle down' with her, it doesn't get much cuter than that, really.

The smile on Calleigh's face as she was walking away from Eric at the episode was saying so much. She definitely knows, and she seems happy with it. She's known of Eric's feelings for her for awhile but I don't she knew, until now, how deep his feelings for her are.

Also, Eric knows that she knows.. Calleigh might have avoided his whole 'Did you read my file?' question, but her not answering and giving him some other answer was more obvious then her just saying 'yes', In my opinion.

8. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Hey guys. HCrazy posted a link to a very interesting video. It's in the spoiler thread. Check it out...

:p

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I just saw it and to answer the interviewer question: I am happy :p

10. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

Can some of you place sense of these interviews, b/c I have caught a little aurally? Thank previously!

11. delkolover

All I have to say after seeing that is HELL YEAH!!! :lol:

12. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

After watching that video I have do doubt that it is when not if they get together. I'm betting on something major happening by November sweeps.

;)

BTW, can any of you believe that we are almost to 900 posts. It's crazy. We'll need to start thinking about new thread titles soon...

:beer:

13. delkolover

If not November, then definately by February...It has got to happen this season. There is no way the writers could possbily make us wait another whole season and summer before something were to happen b/c lets face it; that would be totally rediculous given the movement the other ships on the other shows have/will have.

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

About the Miami Set Visit Vid:

:lol: "It looks like you do like each other, and I'm like "whaaat?"" I loved that video.

It seems obvious that this isn't our imagination. Like, REALLY obvious. That sounds good for us. XD

15. delko2calleigh

delko2calleigh Witness

aha havent been on here since Monday morning so thought I would come back and see the overall reaction of everyone...Sorry if my words seem wierd I am still high on whatever drugs I was given from my surgery and feel really woozy so yeah sorry If I am makin no sense or babling I dont know hat I am talkin about myself eiether so yeah umm..

Right Eric and Calleigh scenes in Mondays eppie okay well the arm touch I think was proof right there that she cares about him alot and that just a simple touch can help him from her....And asfar as her reading his file and the deer-in-the-headlights look I think that she was mulling in her mind all the info. She had just read trying to understand what he said and trying to figure out how long he had felt that way. I think before she was unsure he liked her then reading that it just confirmed to her how much he actually did like her.....And then at the end their her teasing him a bit was her playful yet avoident side...She didn't wanna tell him she read it cuz if she did so then they would have to get into a big convo about it and I think she really didn't wanna poor her feelings out yet. I thinks she is still really scared to be in a relationship espciallly with her best friend. She doesn't wanna loose him as a friend and yeah....So I am going to go take a pill because my mouth is about the size of a basketball and I am seriouslly like diyin in pain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.