Eric & Calleigh Thread #30: "Do it for us"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by adorelo, Jul 4, 2008.

?

New name?

1. My destiny in your hands...

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. A Ho No Mo' so let's get nekkid

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Between us

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Because I feel for you

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. Do it for us

18 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Even nuns want to see some action!

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. Without you I wouldn't know what to do

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  9. 80% Hotness By Volume

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Ya know IDK how much, if at all, it will affect E/C. All three shows have and probably always will be totally independent of each other. And the writers seem to be excited about the prospect of including the baby in NY and the type of drama and angst it could/will create....so who knows, it could spell good things for E/C. If the "baby" gets good reviews, is received right by the fans and is handled right then E/C could be sped up and they could get together sooner than planned.

I don't think it will impact it negatively. Like I said, all three shows have always been independent of eachother in their writing styles, directors, producers etc; it is what makes each spin off, and the original so different. So if the writers for Miami were to get "turned off" on E/C b/c of what is going on with D/L then it would mean that the shows are, in a way, converging in a sense that the whole franchise would be turned off to relationships and I don't see that happening. The writers for Miami have to do what is best for Miami and if that means getting E/C together, which most of us think it is, then they will continue with it. And as of right now, they are, apparently, very interested in the E/C relationship. I don't think that will change.

What I think the Miami writers will get the chance to see is how a relationship, a deeply connected one obviously b/c of the baby but a stready relationship none the less, could open up doors for the possibility of a long term relationship between two main characters and the storylines that would be created out of it; ie angst, balancing of relationship and work etc.

I think writers of shows, in general have always been afraid to get main characters into long term or deep realtionships b/c they fear it will make the characters stagnet and boring. However, we have already seen with E/C, with their emotional struggle of 'should we or shouldn't we' and angst the mere idea of them getting together has created. If handled correctly, it could only get better from there. And the fact that they don't throw it in our faces every ep also lends to the idea that a long term relationship could work. It wouldn't have to be mentioned or seen every ep for us to know that they are together. Seeing an intimate moment every 3rd or 4th ep would work and show, so to speak, the love. ;)

Yup, I am staying positive :D

2. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

Thanks, delkolover, you have some calmed me, your reasons are interesting.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  3. carolinam91

carolinam91 Police Officer

okay, I just got an email from Corey answering our question about a new E/C/Tara triangle; you guys are going to like this!
    so he pretty much told me that they have no plans on another triangle; the interaction between Eric and Tara is just friendly!

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

You know, even if it was the most obvious thing (that there wasn't going to be another triangle) I still had my doubts. Actually fear describes it better ;). But thank you for posting this cause now I can relax and watch the episodes without cringing everytime Eric and Tara had to share a scene. :thumbsup:

5. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

After a full episode I have looked screencaps.
    Who can tell why Еric in scenes with Calleigh always has pout, and with BV, H and new МЕ he smiles widely? It gives me feeling as though he and Calleigh already had the unpleasant talking, remained not shown.
    Or is it my personal crazy view?
    Thanks for Cory Miller's mail. It does little easier.

6. delkolover

Nice to have confirmation!! But I never actually thought it was going to happen ;)

7. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Ha. Well it's nice to have confirmation but I'm still going to cringe when Eric and Tara have a scene together. Hell, I cringe when Eric and Natalia are in scenes together and they've been over since season 4. I think I'm jealous for Calleigh when it comes to Eric and other women. Haha. It's ridiculous, I know.

8. delkolover

New episode spoilers have been posted in the spoiler thread.
    We are at episode 10 and it seems that things between E/C are still the same; no advancement; that I can see anyway. :(

Although, what is going with Eric in ep 710 could possibly open some doors but who knows....go read the spoilers if you want to know what I mean ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2008
  9. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

If the spoiler correct, it's too much, in my opinion, to have so many problems for Eric in 1,5 incomplete seasons. Just hope, that a great deal of troubles will promote in E/C relations - this is most suitable time for get to close them.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2008
  10. JoannaRose897

Season 7 just started so it's probably still too soon for me to say this, but this season has been dissapointing.

I'm just hoping there will be some E/C in tomorrow nights episode, and I'm pretty sure there will be, but I'm getting nervous that the E/C storyline is going to randomly dissapear sometime this season and we'll get no continuation.

Spoilers for 7.10 are kind of making it out to seem that the episode is going to be somewhat soap-operish. I do see some good in this though.. because out of all the Calleigh-centric storylines we've had where she's having issues, there has been E/C moments. So maybe when all this Delko drama happens, in tomorrow nights episode, and in 7.10 we'll get some cute moments between himself and Calleigh.:)

11. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

It almost sound as though they are tring to turn it so they show Eric getting into a state to wich Calleigh will have to go in and reassure him that he is not a bad person and she will bring him back from the edge of the darkside, That she may be the onlyone that can save him from himself before all his dark thoughts about his trust within him ruins his life. I do believe that he is very conflicted now, and thats why he saw Speed because like Calleigh Speed was a rock for him and hes a little unsure about himself since he was shot. Now hes starting to reach for what is safe for him. I think He kinda felt let down by Horatio in first episode. He made him doubt his trust in him when he chose Wolfe.

At the end of the 1st. show he had to reassure himself by asking H. if it would be the two of them fighting together. I think Eric has some dark secrets Family & personal deep down & maybe some doubts with in himself that we may lern a little bit about tommorow night with the shink episode. I think he still doesn't trust H. all the way anymore & they will start to spiral him down hill to the darkside of his mind and then send Calleigh in at the 25th hour to bring him back from the brink with her love. Thus the love story begins. She is still the only one he totally can trust.

12. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Okay, spoiler central is turning into an "Let's beat up on Eric Zone".:( There are some upset folks over this possible storyline. It seems odd, but I suspect there is a good reason for whatever they have planned. Anyway, TPTB probably decide who gets the story lines by looking at who gets the most fan mail or something like that. They want to give the fans who they are asking to see. I just hope that his storyline with Calleigh doesn't get lost in the process. Although, I'm guessing that we won't get anything great between them until February Sweeps.
    :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  13. JoannaRose897

I don't think it's so much the episode 10 storyline as it is the focus on the character. There's so much more focus on Calleigh, Horatio, and Eric then there are on other characters like Frank, Natalia, and Ryan. So I think that's more what they're upset about. But they are definitely beating up on Eric in that thread though, I agree with you.

I'm sort of afraid that the E/C storyline is going to be completely forgotten through everything else that the writers seem to be doing this season.

7.10 seems like the kind of episode that would have E/C moments in it though..and I'm starting to think that episode 10 is still way too long to draw this storyline out since we've known of Eric's feelings for Calleigh since season 5. I'm anticipating something to happen between them eventually, but to me, 'eventually' means in just a few episodes..not a few seasons.

14. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2008
  15. delkolover

Ok so that had to be one of the better eps we have seen in a while and not just for the E/C moment. ;)

The scene where Cal reads the doc's notes was great. Now we definately know where Eric stands...the man wants to settle down with her!!!:thumbsup: The ending was great too where she told him he could tell her anything. In her own way, with the "we make a great team" thing, I think she was saying something is there. Cal has never been open with her emotions and lets face it; If that were me that had read that stuff, I wouldn't know what to say either! I'd need time to process it...but that was totally an east sh*t grin she had on her face when she walked away from him. ;)

Next week looks kind of creepy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.