Eric & Calleigh Thread #30: "Do it for us"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by adorelo, Jul 4, 2008.

?

New name?

1. My destiny in your hands...

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. A Ho No Mo' so let's get nekkid

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Between us

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Because I feel for you

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. Do it for us

18 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Even nuns want to see some action!

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. Without you I wouldn't know what to do

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  9. 80% Hotness By Volume

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

Hey! can I join too? I new for writing but read almost year. I am E/C admirer and have all eps of CSIM in PC.
    The first that I wish - to tell thanks for fics you write. I read with pleasure and I look for updating.
    And most at all sorry for my English, it's not my native language and I should use "translator" sometimes

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

SURE!! ;) All E/C fans are welcome here!! :thumbsup:

Don't worry about English not being your native language....it is mine and I still have trouble with it!! :lol:

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I noticed that too in the picture :thumbsup:. That's part of the clip I was mentioning a few posts back.

About Jake leaving Cal for his job again I totally agree with you.

And welcomed Dina_Wizy!!! :bolian: Good to have around :cool:

4. delkolover

Yeah Jake had the choice once again to choose between his job and Cal and he chose his job again. In Going Under, I think she even mentions that the first time their relationship failed was b/c he thought his career was more important.

You could see Cal was conflicted when she was telling Jake she wouldn't wait. All her reasons were valid and when she hesitated I actaully said out loud to myself "and b/c I am in love with Eric" ;) Obviously she would and didn't say it but you could see, in her hesitation, that there were other reasons she said no. She held out hope that things with Jake would change but Monday she got her answer that they wouldn't or couldn't. She was protecting herself and I can't blame her for that b/c it is about time she woke up.

It will take time before she is ready to give in to her growing feelings for Eric. Her feelings are obvious and now it is apparent that the only reason she didn't move on was b/c she was holding hope for Jake....so, I think, we will see small snippets of her embracing those emotions over part of this season and hopefully at some point, as Adam has said about them in interviews, they will pounce on eachother b/c they will only be able to ignore it/hold it in for so long :devil:

5. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

I never loved Jake, but I divide your senses from a scene with Jake. It was as wrenchly as and has brought releasing from over. It's surprising, that deep of their relationships have shown for the first time for 2 years - when break up. Already seemed all things in Delko's pocket, but obviously now he should act another way - again to be the best friend, to hide for a while his feelings. I don't anticipate that Calleigh now is ready for something serious. Really will we see only their working partnership at crime scenes and talking about case? I hope it'll not during full season.

6. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

This is why I have absolutely no sympathy for him and don't jump into the "omg J/C so cute!!!" bandwagon every one is jumping into. For the love of Pete, it's not like fate or some sort of force greater than them is keeping them apart. All the man has to do is choose Calleigh over his job and he can have her. It's his choice, and he put her second not once but twice. Seriously? Fuck that shit. Maybe I'm selfish but I would not take that from a man, and if someone I cared about was in that situation I'd tell them to bail out.

Yes, they have a long history. Yes, Calleigh likes bad boys, but I don't think they love each other enough, and I don't think they're IN love. If they did love each other, they would be together. They're not a couple of teenagers hiding from mommy and daddy, they're not Romeo and freaking Juliet, they're two grown, mature adults who could find a solution to this situation if they cared enough about each other. Do you love this woman and wanna be with her? Then man up and be with her. Do you love this man and wanna be with him? Sit down with him and talk and find a solution to this problem. It's not that complicated. What makes the relationship even more ridiculous is Eric saying he'd just transfer to another shift without giving it much thought. Jake isn't even willing to do that.

And speaking of, I didn't see many redeeming qualities in him. I'm sure he cares about Calleigh, but I find him kinda manipulative. Every time he pisses Calleigh off he goes out and fetches something for her instead of fessing up and saying I'm sorry. He's the man who will miss his son's graduation and then come home with a brand new car to buy off his love.

And newsflash: undercover is NOT witness protection. There's no reason why he couldn't tell Calleigh that he was going or even call her (even once). He could've told her that he simply needed to go (no details necessary), that it was work related and that's that. There are undercover agents who are married in real life. I don't buy the undercover excuse.

So yeah, call me a bitch, but give me a freaking break. I think they're two people who are attracted to certain qualities in each other and think that's enough to be together cause it's easy, but I don't see love there. I'm not sure either of them knows what love is.

So after all of that, I hope it's Calleigh who comes to Eric and not the other way around. It would be a big growth arc for her, if she finally sees what she wants, knows it's what she needs, and goes after it. Like I said, I don't think she loved Jake enough to try and make their relationship work and it would be a nice contrast to see her fight tooth and nail for Eric (12 year old coroners be damned).

7. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Victim

Thanks for the warm welcome, I am really looking forward to rest of the season hope we get lots of good ship moments

8. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

This show would be so much better if you were the writer... Eric deserves to just lay back and watch Calleigh showing her affection to him (in more ways than one :devil:).

Welcome! English is not my native language either, so don't worry.

9. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Welcome Dina Wizy! We love to have new folks join the ship!

You and me both, Sister! Life's too short to wait around for some guy to pick you over his job!:brickwall:

You're right. I think that their past together pulled Calleigh in more so than any new feelings she might have had for him. It was easy and safe, and we all know that Calleigh is not about putting herself out there (romantically speaking anyway).

He is manipulative. Jake goes and does his thing and when he gets caught he just tries to do "something sweet" to keep Calleigh from getting pissed. I can't remember the episode name, but it was the one where Calleigh got shot on the docks. Jake showed up and interfered with her arrest, and when she confronted him about it he told her that she was right. Now I don't think for one second he actually believed that, but he knew if he told Cal that then she wouldn't be too upset with him.

Uh, Yeah! There was no reason (short of he just didn't want to) that he couldn't at least let Calleigh know that he was working and not shacked up with another woman... :angryrazz:

Calleigh loves Jake, but she's not in love with Jake (big difference). I do think that Eric deserves to be the one being chased for once. The man has been working his ass off for her, so shouldn't Calleigh get to return the favor for once??:rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  10. carolinam91

carolinam91 Police Officer

11. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Thanks for the heads up!!:)

12. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

You know, midnight tiptoes, your point of view absolutely right if to remember the last 2 seasons. The woman should not wait the man which has preferred career. And yes, it would be fairly " it's Calleigh who comes to Eric ". May be fairly for Eric at first.
    But damn the scene j/C was just beautiful though it drops out from of the previous history between them.

13. delkolover

Amen to that!! Hopefully the tables will turn should Cal think Eric and the new M.E. have something going on ;)

Maybe now that Jake is officially out of the way, she will realize that holding out for him was a mistake and what she needs has been right in front of her.

It was pretty obvious from Jake's ability to simply disappear for months w/o telling Cal that he was going back undercover spells volumes that the relationship was really one way. I'm sure on some level he cares about her but obviously not as much as Cal seemed to care about him. I mean if he cared as much as he seemed to in Monday's ep then he never would have left w/o telling her what was going on and ideally if JW was available, he never would have left. He was never as invested in it as she was and imo that was blatant on Monday.

I always felt he thought she was a prize that no matter what he did he knew he could always come back and charm his way back into her life. Whereas Eric is just the complete opposite. He probably knows more about her than Jake does and ever will.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  14. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Midnight... all I can say is... ditto, ditto, and did I say DITTO?! Man did you say it all.

There couldn't have been much there between them (at least on his end) if once again he wasn't willing to make a compromise on his job to be with Calleigh. He'd left her once for the job, broke up with her a 2nd time in Deep Freeze (and didn't Eric show her what a man in love would do!), and then again when he left to go undercover without having the balls to tell her what he was doing, where he was going, and trying to at least stay in touch with her. And honestly, you could see the anger in her eyes and tone when she interrogated him in Resurrection.

I said in the Resurrection thread, in response to something someone else posted, that I didn't think Calleigh sat at home waiting for him all that time he was gone, waiting for him to get back so they could go on with their relationship, thereby keeping her from moving forward in a possible relationship with Eric. I don't think Calleigh would have put up with that shit yet again. I think, for her, their relationship ended way before it officially did in the episode. The latter half of the last season she began getting closer to Eric, she wasn't holding herself back.

15. delkolover

I agree. She wasn't totally waiting for him. she mentioned in the ep that he didn't return her calls so part of her probably knew deep down where he was. In the last three eps especially she really seemed to move on in a way and of course he comes back and sends her emotions back into limbo but I highly doubt she was sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring.

Honestly, I think she didn't know what to do and she still doesn't. It will be interesting to see how this plays out now that she has confirmation of her relationship status with Jake. The ball is and has been in her court....lets see what she does with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.