Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Busines

Happily, thank you for saying all the things I wanted to say and saving me typing it all out! :lol: I especially agree with your comments about Sam. That whole scene when Dean first goes to his door really threw me too, with the chick answering the door... but of course that was their intention, so: GOOD JOB! :D

I can't see why the demons wouldn't be scared of a good angel. Especially one that is clearly that powerful. Seems like Lillith's got nothing on this dude! They should be frightened of anyone who apparently has God on their side. Afterall, it was God who threw their head guy- Lucifer- out of heaven, so clearly he's got an edge on the whole power schematic.

And man did I laugh when Dean thinks Bobby finally believes him and then suddenly he's tossing holy water in his face! The look on Dean's face as he stood there dripping was hilarious, as was Bobby's muttered, "Sorry." :lol: I was laughing my ass off.

Man, it's good to have this show back. I love how they make me laugh and gasp in the same episode. I have definitely missed the excellent writing. :D

And man did I laugh when Dean thinks Bobby finally believes him and then suddenly he's tossing holy water in his face! The look on Dean's face as he stood there dripping was hilarious, as was Bobby's muttered, "Sorry." :lol: I was laughing my ass off.

Man, it's good to have this show back. I love how they make me laugh and gasp in the same episode. I have definitely missed the excellent writing. :D

:lol: That part had me cracking up as well, my sister looked over at me like I was crazy, apparantly she doesn't have a sense of humor :lol: She had her two daughters over and my Aunt came over as well, I think when Dean took his shirt off she was sure to have a heart attack ;) My sister's 6 year old daughter is a really funny and she was watching it with us and when Dean had the line, "I'm a little hungry," she looks over at me and goes, "Dean is always hungry," :guffaw:

Yes, the writing on this one was great, I don't want to pick favorites, but I think Sera Gamble writes a lot of the greatest episodes, what are you guys' favorite writers?

And :lol: Upcoming episode title
It's The Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester :guffaw:sounds to me like it's a crossover with Charlie Brown :rolleyes:
and
Wishful Thinking hmm, could this be a return of the Gen?

i agree with EVERYthing you all said, so there really no need to repeat but, my lordy was that awesome. i loved the whole thing (except new ruby) she totally sucks and i am not feeling her. at all, she is so not a bad ass.

and sam so has his powers back, i can't wait to see deans reaction when he finds out.

Is it just me or did Sam put on some serious muscle?

dude, sam got pumped up over the summer for sho

So, I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess that everyone else is wondering how this season is going to shape up with this new crazy angel stuff? I was seriously, like "WTF?!!! This is crazy!!! And I can't wait to see how they do it!" :lol:

Seriously, I can't wait to see where this leads. You know how sometimes you think, "Hmmm, I'm not sure if I like the idea of this, but I'll wait and see how it works out"? Well, this time I was totally keen on the idea. This could be a wicked cool storyline, methinks. :) Anyone else think I'm crazy and that this new dealio is just a little too out there?

I know how you feel, but Eric Kripke knows how to drag us in. He knows that the more over the wall the story seems, the more we're going to watch ;) Am I right?

I think that it might be a good story and like all other storylines ahead of this one, it's bound to take a change, usually for the worst. Maybe Castiel isn't as good as he wants Dean to believe, I for one can't wait to see the rest of the season to see how this plays out :)

I'm a bit confused, when it show's Castiel's wings were his wings actually black or were we seeing the shadow of them? Because I still believe that Dean can't completly see his true form? :confused:

Last edited:

i totally agree, the possibilities of where they could go this season are just bananas and i can't wait to see whats in store for the rest of it.
i think they were just a shadow, from what i understand the whole reason that psychic chicks eyes burned was because she saw castiels true form and it was too strong for her so im assuming the same thing would happen if dean saw his true form too. plus we already saw what happened when dean heard his real voice, and that was crazy.

No wonder the angel looked familiar. I just watched the "Nesting Dolls" episode of CSI recently. :lol: Though he had blondish hair on there I think :lol:

:lol: Sam isn't lanky anymore.

:lol: at the episode titles.
Are you there God? It's me, Dean Winchester.

Did anyone watch that mini series on Family channel called "Fallen"? That's what it seems like they might be sort of doing here... except Dean isn't an angel I don't think. I think that maybe it would be cool if something good put something in Dean like the YED put something bad in Sam. I want Dean to have some powers of his own. But, man that sure was a nasty, angry handprint on Dean's arm. Why would a good angel do that? I don't trust Castiel. In "Fallen", there was this angel protecting the angel/human hybrid (can't remember what they were called, something with an N I think) and he was supposed to be an angel himself, only it turned out he was one of the fallen angels and he wanted to be in charge (I think). The main guy (the angel/human hybrid) was the son of Fallen angel Lucifer if I recall. He wasn't happy about that one. :lol: Anyway, I hope they don't repeat that kind of storyline on Supernatural.

*EXPLODES*

Okay, things I liked and I'm doing it point form 'cause y'all pretty much explained everything:

Dean. Obviously.

Bobby throwing the holy water in Dean's face. :lol:

iPod in the car. The face Dean makes when Sam tells him it's his car was priceless, ha.

Sammy beating the demon with his super mo-fo powers. Gah, such a change. Also, it was cool how they showed it--interesting contrast to how demons usually exit their host bodies whereas they would go 'Ol Faithful flying up through the ceiling but this time, with Sam, they essentially 'puke' themselves out of the body. I found that pretty cool. Must be a testament to how powerful Sammy's starting to become.

Busty Asian Beauties! I knew that would make a comeback. :p

Castiel. :luvlove: Heck of an entrance, I have to say. I'm glad they're not giving us the powder-puff cupid-looking round-cheeked super-duper-golly-gosh-rainbows angel from colouring books. This guy's bad ass. :shifty: Well, bad ass in a good way. Finally, they're actually delving into the contrast to the demon angle.

ETA: OH OH! And AC/DC in the recap. Nice. \m/

Things I didn't like:

Took them too bloody long to get to the angel part. I had it figured out as soon as we saw Dean in the middle of the grave site with the cross shadowed beside him. Methinks Castiel should have shown up in that hotel room instead of being introduced near the end--although I can understand why they did it and it did work well as a place to reel the fans in for the next episodes. I suppose I'm just impatient.

Ruby. Gah. Agreed with those above, I much preferred Katie Cassidy as Ruby. Shucks. Not that there's anything wrong with the actress that plays her now, but Katie did so well with the role.

The new title. I'm a little town between this actually. While it was new, cool, different, etc. it seemed a little less...animated? I want to say? Just my preference as they had been getting more extravagant throughout each season and it seemed to me like they went the other direction with this one. :lol: It doesn't POP as much anymore. Oh well, the...were they raven/crow wings? Angel wings? (See: Castiel's dark shadowed wings for reference) I don't know. It was neat but still. I'm picky. :p

Anyhow, overall, while I thought the plot was a little slow on the get-go, it did answer some questions and raise a whole lot more. Definitely not a bad start to the season at all. :D

But, man that sure was a nasty, angry handprint on Dean's arm. Why would a good angel do that? I don't trust Castiel.

if castiel is indeed good all around, it probably takes a considerable amount of energy to just go pull someone out of hell. i think it was emphasizing the effort it took to get him out, and that only a big goodie (or baddie, who knows at this point really) could have done it. plus it was the jumping off point for some very good jokes...

i almost died of laughter when bobby through the water in his face!! that scene was priceless :lol:

when i called home tonight, my mom told me she had sent one package but then had another surprise to send. i asked "is it supernatural season 3 dvds?!?!?" and she said "yeah... no" :shifty: she does the appreciate to love that is supernatural, *le sigh*

Oh- I'm glad someone mentioned the new title... Do you think that'll be the permanent one? It is sort of lacklustre after last season's.

I had to wait until friday night to watch the episode, and it was killing me all day not to come in here and see what everyone was saying.

Most of what I would say has already been said, so I'll just stick with: I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just so glad to finally have new episodes to watch :D

By title, I'm assuming you mean the opening sequence and I didn't like it too much. Now that we know that this season's going to revolve around angels, the wings flapping were supposed to come over as angel wings and to me it seemed more like a a flock of crows :rolleyes: My favorite openings were from Seasons 1 and 2, I'm not feeling the new one either :shifty:

Oh I'm so waiting for someone (maybe even Dean himself) to say something about being "touched by an angel". :lol:

And how could I forget this... I loved when Dean actually said "mofo". :lol: First "fugly" now "mofo". ROTFL!

The water thing was hilarious. Loved Dean's expression.

My favorite part was the brotherly hug. Awww....

I didn't even notice the new opening. I know they don't show actors and such with their names like most shows do in opening sequence, so I never bothered paying the opening that much attention since it was just the show title. :lol:

:lol: I laughed when he said 'mofo' as well. I'm waiting for him to use it in a sentence, "Dude that was one fugly mofo, Sammy!" lol

I uploaded This to youtube So I could sneak a peek at it during lunch at work :lol:

^^^ HAH! Nice work! I love that scene. :D

Yeah, I thought the wings seemed like a flock of crows too. But then again, knowing Kripke, they're supposed to and it's a hint of some kind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back