Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

William Petersen signed a new deal with "options" and that was to do his theater work, which he is now free to do, the man is 55, and wants to move on.. I wished he'd stay forever but I'm not him. And Gary had some "drug issues" which was all over the internet, and I think he got canned, not his decision to leave, and Jorja left to do a play, but with the option of returning and she is, so different reasons and different strokes for these stars, and WP is still ex. producer, and will be back for "guest spots" and we don't know the inner sanctum of these stars, or why or what is really going on..and I call them anything but selfish, 8 years of a day to day grueling schedule, some want to leave, some want to stay and, I don't know, and no one else does what's really happening in they're lives!

2. minnyanne

minnyanne Dead on Arrival

Not really i dont blame them we lucky to had original cast stay this long:thumbsup: compare to other tv series. I work behind the scene in a production crew i tell you it very hard and long hours. I have no life work up to 16/18 hours and many months i tell you i walk away from working on tv series as i tired, wanted better pay and wanted work on different format. As one i was working on got like be groundhog day everyday it like that for actors/actresses to. Sometime you must put yourself first so i understand where JF,GD,WP coming from even you close to cast/crew and no it does not make you selfish.

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I think that the "losing Sara and Warrick" part isn't necessarily forshadowing anything. He did lose Sara in Season Eight, in a sense. It may simply be referring to that. Plus, just because she comes back in the premiere and is around in at least episode three doesn't mean that she's sticking around.

4. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Well, I'd heard that Sara was only going to be back for three episodes this season. So, that's the premiere, the episode where he visits Pam Addler's husband, and one more.

Also, with regards to multiple actors leaving and being selfish, It's my understanding that being on a 1 hour procedural is grueling work. You have like 9 days or something to produce an episode, so there's a lot that needs to get done in a day. It's very easy to burn out.

William Petersen has said that he gets tired of the grind before, and wasn't sure how long he could keep it up. Sounds like he's been unsure about it, and has been thinking about quitting for awhile.

Gary Dourdan, sad to say, was probably fired. With the drug bust over the summer, and hearing other things about his personal problems, yeah, I'm sure TPTB decided it was time for him to go. A shame, but...what are you going to do. I'd noticed the past couple of seasons, especially in Season 8, he's looked like Hell. I don't know how much of that is makeup, or if that's really how he looked.

Jorja Fox, that was a contract dispute. It's my understanding she wanted more than the producers were willing to give, so they gracefully negotiated her exit. I think it was done very well, and it's very telling that she had the option to return. Shows how well everyone gets along with her to be able to do that.

Now, with the EW article, it's very interesting. It seems that there's going to be drama coming up for Grissom and Sara. I find it telling that Fox said that she's more in the dark about her character than when she first got a paragraph describing her.

I also find it telling that WP said that to go the places where some of the fans want them to go with the GSR would not be true to the characters. That makes me think that there's going to be no fairytale wedding/riding off into the desert together.

It's also interesting that he used the phrase "losing Sara and Warrick." That also makes me think that it won't be smooth sailing for GSR in Season 9. We know that Lady Heather is coming back, and that Grissom will go to bed there....What else happens and will Sara be involved? This makes me really, really curious to see.

5. Desertwind

According to the sources I have and their pretty reliable, Sara will be in at least 4-6 epsiodes, and they will be leaving and probably off into the sunset together, for some that's awful, for others a dream come true~ and if this has been posted before my guess is fans are either ignoring it, or didn't read it in the 1st place!

I wouldn't want to say exaxctly what we're going to do-I want people to watch certainly, Petersen says, but "Sara is involved, it's often darkest before the dawn" William Petersen

http://www.csifiles.com/news/150708_01.shtml

6. Shytownmofo

*Cough*

From the EW article just posted yesterday....

Note this passage:

Fox headed to set last May to film this season's first two episodes. Though excited to be back (she'll appear in another episode this fall),...

That sounds like she's only going to be in three episodes. Honestly, I've not heard anything else about how many episodes she's going to be in. I'd love to see your source.

Says that even she doesn't know what all they're going to be doing with Sara.

The first sentence of that paragraph says that a wedding is unlikely. Also, another paragraph in the article that I didn't quote says that Sara will have to explain her departure, and that we'll have to rethink our notions of the characters. That makes it seem like a ride off into the desert is unlikely. I've never found that likely, especially because it would be extremely out of Character for them.

Keep in mind that the only Public Displays of affection between them were the chalk wiping incident in Season 2, Where he wiped away the tear in "Empty Eyes," and the kiss at the end of "Goodbye and Good Luck."

So, I don't think a wedding/riding off into the desert is in the cards, no matter how much fans want it.

They're not very sentimental, expressive people. That's why, to me the wedding thing would be out of character for them.

Oh, and for those that haven't read it yet, here's the link to the EW Article on CSI:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20223478,00.html

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  7. Desertwind

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but if fans have watched this entire history of them, & CSI, in "NESTING DOLLS" holding her hand, they've been in bed in "WAY TO GO" and also in "LEAPIN' LIZARDS" with their dog Hank, a marriage proposal in the "CARP" ep. in "DD' "he proclaimed to the whole team "the only one I've ever loved". "FALLEN IDOLS" the shaving scene, in "ENDING HAPPY" Grissom "sex without love makes one sad" Sara "I don't think I make you sad" Grissom, "NO you make me happy",and in "LD' frantically looking for her in the desert and the helicopter ride with him holding her hand. which everyone saw...which is why Ecklie confronted both of them and they finally came clean, and spilled their guts, this is episode talk, and "ALA CART" the first time they were out in public as a couple watching their friends at the go-cart track" this is the dialogue from the episodes..from the particular ep. and up till the latest video, for the new ep. Sara" I took the first flight out, when I heard" right back into his arms, without mssing a beat.... and mega other terms of endearment through out the series, but if one wants to see more of their 9 years together they can go read it on the GSR thread! ..... I'm curious, to see and want to know why McKeen shot Warrick in the 1st place? his dirty cop shot Gedda, and drugged Warrick, so he knew nothing about anything, why did he shoot him in that ally, Warrick was no witness to none of what happend, or why:confused:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  8. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Yes, but those of us who are sick of a particular romance, should not be forcefed it from every direction, but I digress.

Anyways, McKeen shot Warrick because in the alley McKeen tells him "You're a good CSI" which I take as him saying "Let me finish you off before you have the ammunition to get me fired, or worse, killed." Being framed for murder by dirty cops probably would give Warrick enough reason to pick apart the lab and the force for dirty cops. If any trace was led back to McKeen than he'd be dead.

9. Shytownmofo

Interesting, you didn't cite your source saying that Sara would be in 4-6 eps....

Yeah, they were together for awhile, and as VIEWERS we've seen things, but it's always been in private, and it's always been very small. I highly doubt that if Sara hadn't been kidnapped by Natalie that Grissom would have said any of those things or even admitted he was in a relationship with her.

Anyways, Where they've been is important, but that doesn't mean that they can't go in a completely different direction with it. Sara left, walking away from her relationship with Grissom. There's no concrete proof that they were together after that. There's the phone call at the end of "Grissom's Divine Comedy" which it may not have even been Sara...and when Grissom said that Sara was visiting her mom in Frisco during "You Kill Me" which it seems isn't true, that Sara's not visiting her mother.

They could decide to explore angst between them, which would be nice. As a matter of fact, I'd like that. I know for sure if the only person I could ever love walked away from me, I'd be having some serious issues about taking that person back. Especially because Sara was so obviously NOT okay after the events of Dead Doll, and it seemed Grissom didn't notice at all, or didn't do anything to alleviate that. Basically, no matter how they feel about each other, they've got problems. I'd like to see them hash those out, and not be automatically all Lovey Dovey the minute she gets back.

With what the article says, it seems like that will be the case.

10. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

My point of view still stands, it didn't have to be all at once, it would kill any show to lose that many main characters at once and if you go to any spoiler site or other message board...everybody is going to quit watching after episode ten...I find that sad....if the show was just based on GSR or a certain character then I feel they were missing the main point of the show anyways..it is about the science and the crimes and solving these crimes based on forensic evidence....my six year old wants to do an experiment in her class on chromatology...I am surprised with the reactions...it's almost like people missed the point of the whole show.

There are a lot of maybes, Maybe if they hadn't focused on GSR,or maybe if they had allowed the other characters to grow more,maybe if they had not allowed the total focus on one character to be the majority of the show...etc....I for one will keep watching because it is such an outstanding show...I really hope this is not the beginning of the end....Hey ER survivied for years after Clooney ...I still feel there is hope!

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I honestly think the show will be fine. We need to realize that the people who post on internet boards are probably the most passionate fans, and probably younger. CSI appeals to a broad spectrum of viewers, young and old, and the true core of fans will not change IMO. Even JF has said the the show 'is bigger than all of us'. Yes, some may leave with their favorite character(s) and the show will be different, but the majority will remain if the writing and stories are compelling. And as someone said earlier, they will attract fans of LF and LLS.
    I am guilty of being less interested in the show since JF left, but I haven't abandoned it. The way Sara left may have seemed 'graceful' to tptb, but for me it was just painful. I really just want a 'happy ending' for Sara and Grissom, then I can move on to the other characters and their storylines. Maybe that makes me shallow and not a 'true' fan by some people's standards, but I can't pretend to enjoy the show if I'm not happy with how they handle a storyline I've become invested in for 8 years. And I really don't want WP's final episodes to be all about angst. His quirky side is what most fans loved about him and it would be nice to see some of that before he leaves.

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

[​IMG] *Walks in and wonders WTH :wtf: happen to the spoiler thread and where did it go?*

Lets have a reminder against my better judgement to do this.

Again this thread is not for discussion of the actors, they have their threads. The underlined and bold will show you what this thread is for and what it is not for.

Comparing the relationship through the years, does not pertain to current episodes, while come comparison is allowed only in so much that it follows the line of the current discussion (ie current episodes), otherwise it too has its respective thread and forum.

This is coming off topic, discussing why the actors are leaving, is not a spoiler, the characters yes, what is going on with the actors is not a spoiler, the characters yes, what this thread is for is spoilers regarding all that is mentioned in the first quote. Let us remember that please and move back on to topic.

*Holds up hand* Before I get complaints of who was this directed at, or who started what, I don't want to hear it, this is the general reminder we are not putting blame on one person and as to who started what if your involved in the conversation that led to this reminder then.... If your not involved then you have nothing to worry about.

Moving back on topic. SPOILERS! *Walks out [​IMG]*

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Not a lot of new information, but a confirmation about Fishburne's role and who will be heading up the team/show.

"CSI (CBS, Oct. 9) Who will replace William Petersen’s Gil Grissom as the show’s central character? That question seemed to be answered last month when the producers hired a movie star, Laurence Fishburne, to play a new member of the Las Vegas Crime Lab. But those same producers have said that it will be Marg Helgenberger and George Eads, who have been with the series from the beginning, and not Mr. Fishburne who will be stepping to the front after Mr. Petersen leaves the cast at midseason."

The article was accompanied by the promo shot of Grissom and Warrick is why I put this here and not in the Fishburne thread.

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

As it should be, with Grissom gone. Catherine and Nick are the perfect choice for heading up the team.

15. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Why do I feel like the kid who got caught with their hand in the cookie jar? Sorry.
    Oh well..........just wanted to let people know there is a HQ version of the trailer on the cbs.com/csi website in video section. Much clearer in seeing who's who.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.