Danny & Rikki - But This Is My Shirt

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by xPORCELAINDOLLx, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Since we're doing lyric stuff, I thought I'd post this. For some reason I find it really appropriate for Danny & Rikki. Works for Danny/Flack, too, but that's a different thread. It's from the band Motorhead, it's a ballad called "One More Fucking Time." I find it especially appropriate because of Carmines last interview where he dropped the F-bomb like 17 times. Anyways.

One More F#@king Time

All life is a mystery,
    All things come to he who waits
    All things just a twist of fate
    It's just a state of mind
    All your time is not your own
    It's real hard to find out why
    It's real hard to say good-bye
    To move on down the line...​

Both your eyes wide open
    You see the shape I'm in
    It wasn't of my choosing
    It's only bones and skin
    And I will plead no contest
    If loving you's a crime
    So go on and find me guilty
    Just one more f#@king time​

All your life is in your head
    All you dreams are in your sleep
    And if your dreams are hid too deep
    They're just a waste of time
    When you try to chase the dream
    You never seem to know the time
    You never recognize the signs
    And nothing's what it seems​

Both your eyes wide open
    You see the shape I'm in
    It wasn't of my choosing
    It's only bones and skin
    And I will plead no contest
    If loving you's a crime

And if I would have been a bad man
    You would have seen the good in me
    You would have seen the other
    The good man I could be
    But since I am a good man
    The same was all the same
    Nothing I could do, nothing I could do​

All life is a mystery,
    All things pass you by in time
    All things just a perfect crime
    It's just the way we are
    All instincts let you down
    It's not a case of love in vain
    It's not a case of love insane
    It's enough to break your heart​

Both your eyes wide open
    You see the shape I'm in
    It wasn't my idea
    That I be the one to sin
    And so all those years together
    Weren't worth a f#@king dime
    Just one more f#@king time
    And so all our years together
    Just one more f#@king time
    And so all our years together

ETA, well, maybe the last chorus isn't as appropriate, but the overall theme of it is, IMO.....​

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I found a song that is PERFECT for this ^^ look on Danny's face as Rikki walked away. He is so heartbroken here so this song would be appropriate ....

Baby Come Back by Hall and Oats

Spending all my nights, all my money going out on the town
    Doing anything just to get you off of my mind
    But when the morning comes, i'm right back where i started again
    Trying to forget you is just a waste of time

Baby come back, any kind of fool could see
    There was something in everything about you
    Baby come back, you can blame it all on me
    I was wrong, and i just can't live without you

All day long, wearing a mask of false bravado
    Trying to keep up the smile that hides a tear
    But as the sun goes down, i get that empty feeling again
    How i wish to god that you were here

Now that i put it all together
    Give me the chance to make you see
    Have you used up all the love in your heart
    Nothing left for me, ain't there nothing left for me

Baby come back, listen, you can blame it all on me

I was wrong, and i just can't live

3. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Shytownmofo, that song just screams Danny. :lol: The following lines, in particular:

The rest of it sounds like him talking to other different people in his life but the above ... I think that fits Danny's mindset after Ruben's death to a tee. There's definitely a part of him that acknowledges what happened had been out of his control and not his choice, and I can see him telling Rikki he doesn't care whether everyone else thinks him loving her is wrong because:

The last three lines are especially reminiscent of Danny being requested by Rikki to say goodbye to her. Danny may be moving on from what happened with Ruben ... but me thinks Danny won't be moving on from Rikki any time soon.

Awwww, that literally fits canonical Danny/Rikki details! Didn't Rikki say Danny was the neighbor she always smiled at? ;) I'm sure Danny must have appreciated her sweet smiles after a long, hard day at work.

Man, in context of Rikki specifically telling Danny she doesn't blame him for Ruben's passing and then his unhappiness at her abruptly moving away ... imagine how much he wants her back if he's more than willing to let her blame it all on him anyway if it meant she'd stay with him. And the 'I was wrong, and I just can't live without you' part, ya know what would blow my mind?

That when Danny and Rikki meet again, he'd say to her he was wrong in letting her go without telling her how he's truly felt about her all this time, and that he's had feelings for her for a very long time. :) From there, I can see them starting things anew ala giving an 'official' relationship a shot and continuing to turn to each other for love and understanding.

Somewhat on-topic, after episode 4x16 aired, there was a vague spoiler in the spoiler thread that claimed 'both Danny and Rikki will start afresh' and because of it, people speculated that it could mean Danny and Rikki will move on together and become a couple later on. Heh, based on recent confirmed spoilers, I guess that's a major possibility now. :D

And here's a question for you guys: What do you think would have happened if Danny hadn't brought Rikki in for booking?

4. ladyhunter

I think they would have run away. The way he was holding on to her before he took her to the precinct was pretty intese. I'm sure if Flack wasn't right there, Danny would have taken Rikki's hand and they both would have run off together. Not that is the right thing to do, but being the impulsive/emotional/impetuious type of guy Danny is, I can see him doing that.

Oh and I found a video to back up my theory...

here

5. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Hey guys,

While I love all the songs that have been posted and the You tube video, we do have a fan video thread pinned at the top of the forum for all fan videos to be posted in. Also, it looks like it's time to make a Danny/Rikki song thread since all songs should be posted in song threads. So, whoever goes to post the next song can make the thread.

6. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Awww. Impulsive Danny, you are so lucky Flack was there to help you out. :lol: I don't think they would have gotten far though if they actually tried ... what's the word, eloping, hah. Flack is a man of his word and he would have hunted them down like he promised he would if Danny didn't bring Rikki in for booking. But to his credit, he also made sure Rikki wouldn't spend a single moment in jail and since he doesn't know Rikki personally, he very likely did it for Danny's sake. What a pal, eh?

Now that I think about it, it's very possible Flack already knew Danny cared very much for Rikki, maybe even that Danny has feelings for her, based on him ascertaining Rikki won't spend any time in jail. (Flack is so far the only other main character on the cast to met Rikki in person.) What do you guys think?

I has made it. :D Thanks for the suggestion!

Okay, here's another question for you all: What do you think Rikki's occupation may be? She was a single mother caring for a ten-year-old in the heart of NYC, so chances are she has a steady, full-time job that paid for rent, utilities, Ruben's education, etc.

7. Shytownmofo

I definitely think that Flack knows Danny cares for Rikki very deeply. He ascertained that Danny feels guilty and that he blames himself for Ruben's death. So, he made sure that Rikki wouldn't get hurt too badly for stealing Danny's gun. That says a lot right there.

I don't know if he knows Danny has feelings for her, but he can definitely read Danny like a book, so if he mentioned Rikki again, I'm sure he'd pick up on it.

I think that Rikki does something that requires a lot of patience and empathy. I can see her being a teacher, teacher's aide, social worker or doing something else that involves children or people who have disabilities.

It just fits with her character that she is very understanding and open with a ton of empathy. I could be a million miles off the mark, but the way she and Danny talked, at all stages of their relationship, it seems that she has worked with people quite a bit, maybe even people who are fragile.

The final scene with her in Season 4, where she tells Danny she's moving, she so clearly didn't want to hurt him any more, and she wanted to give him something good to think about himself. That alone says that she's worked with fragile people before. In a way, so does the scene in "RND" where she says that she understands what they're doing isn't necessarily healthy in the longrun, but it's okay for them to do.

8. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Indeed! Flack wasn't obligated to make sure Rikki never spent any time in jail at all, but he did so anyway. Of course, I'm also certain he did mainly for Danny but that's for another thread. ;)

Yeah, it's established in canon that Danny and Flack are close, so I doubt it'd come as much of a surprise to Flack should Danny end up in a relationship with Rikki. If there's anyone Danny would feel comfortable enough to talk to about Rikki and his connection to her, it'd be Flack.

What do you guys think the responses of the other CSIs would be should Danny and Rikki become a couple and they find out about it? Well, Lindsay's reaction would be really obvious. :lol: :p But what about the others, especially if they know about Ruben having been in Danny's care when he was fatally shot?

Dude, you read my mind or something. :D Rikki being a social worker or having an occupation that involves caring for people was the first thing that came to my thoughts.

Agreed. I'd love it if we got to see her at work and she really does turn out to be a social worker caring for people in need like the homeless, orphans, the abused, etc. :) It would be a great opportunity for the show to feature a side of NYC that isn't just 'rich, white and shallowly beautiful'. C'mon, TPTB, show us other aspects of NYC too! Variety! That's what NYC is so famous for!

That was so sweet of her. Between her and Danny, she's the one with the much greater loss and yet ... there she is, thinking about Danny and wanting to ease his pain. That is amazing in itself. That's the essence of love, man, putting someone above yourself because their happiness is your happiness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The very touching thing about this scene was that the apparent sadness at having to part ways was so mutual. They verbally said their goodbyes (at least, Danny had to since Rikki asked him to just say goodbye), but you can tell from their faces it was the last thing they wanted to do. :(

Boy, am I happy Rikki's returning in season five! :D

9. Shytownmofo

I think that Lindsay's reaction would be obvious, but the others...I think they'd be a bit surprised and asking if this was really the right way to start off a relationship...

Well, they say GMTA; but yeah, it's her empathy and care for Danny at every step of the way that really cemented it for me. She held no blame for him at all, which is very cool.

I agree that it would be an excellent chance to show the REAL New York, not just a certain segment of Manhattan. When's the last time they did that? I can't even remember.

Yeah, I agree, it's so definitely the essence of love. I'm excited about her coming back, and they can start fresh, with a new, better, healthier relationship. Not to say that what they had wasn't healthy or good, but I like the idea of them having a break, then starting fresh.

10. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I would be particularly interested in Mac's reaction, him being Danny's boss to whom Lindsay confessed she would never get involved with Danny or any co-worker again and how stupid it'd been of her to do so in the first place. Would he be relieved whatever was going on between Danny and Lindsay is resolved due to Danny being with Rikki, someone who isn't a co-worker or associated with the labs in any way? Or would he react to the news like he did to Quinn, that it's none of his business?

Either way, it'd be great to see the team's reactions to Danny being with Rikki (which seems very likely based on current confirmed spoilers).

:lol: Me neither. That's sad, man. NYC's made up of five boroughs and we've only gotten to see a tiny side of Manhattan. The same side of one borough, for the past four years. Come on now, what happened to the other four boroughs?! They're just as interesting and diverse as Manhattan!

Say, if Rikki's moved out of Manhattan and gone to a different borough, it'd be the perfect chance for TPTB to showcase other boroughs (or at least, another one). If she's still in Manhattan, it'd be nice to see a different side of the place for a change. No more pretentious, extravagant settings please.

Yeah, I understand what you mean. Danny did acknowledge him using sex to ease their pain was a bad thing but he never said anything about not talking or interacting with her anymore, much less never wanting to be with her again. So it's fantastic Rikki will be a part of his life again. :) Looks like Danny may very well get his chance to start afresh with Rikki after all!

11. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I thought I'd bring my spoiler thread spoiler over here. In a spoiler box of course. ;)

It seems that near the end of 5.06 Danny goes to Mac's office and tells Mac that he put in for vacation for 'next month'. Like I said in the spoiler thread, maybe Rikki shows up at the very end of 5.06 and we see Danny telling her he got the time off. So, maybe they're going away together.:devil: If not, maybe Danny just wants to get away from Lindsay for a while.:p So many possibilities. I'm wagering on a Danny/Rikki marriage/baby combo.

What do you guys think?

12. Shytownmofo

I love the idea of a Danny Vacation, I'm just not sure I'm ready for Baby/Marriage combo yet. I'd love to see Danny take this time to get away from Lindsay, and actually go find Rikki and tell her he can't live without her anymore. Then, they can have a new start. I think that would be perfect.

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

It's spoiler box time again! :lol: I posted a lot of the following in the NY spoiler thread so this is gonna be kinda long ...

Well, damn. Looks like Carmine was bang on the money again with his statements from his latest interview with CSI Files. Didn't he mention Danny possibly going on a sabbatical in season five? Guess that's what this holiday probably is.

I don't see anything impossible about Danny taking a vacation to spend time with Rikki at all. If the confirmed spoilers so far are anything to go by, the vacation will most likely have something to do with Rikki or even directly involve Rikki.

Let's take a look at the confirmed spoilers so far ...

There's Matt Mitovich from TVGuide with:

And from CSI:NY's very own Pam Veasey (with commentary by Ausiello):

So Rikki's going to be back for maybe up to four episodes. In season four, all it took was about 15 minutes of screentime in four episodes to establish so much about Rikki and her relationship to Danny. Now that we already know some of her background and how she's connected to Danny, I can see why Danny and Rikki will 'have a lot to catch up on' if she's back for four more episodes (or more!).

Then there's Veasey's statements of things happening to Danny not involving Lindsay, that Lindsay will 'still be part of that relationship' and of course, Lindsay going for a new man. Think it's safe to say that whatever dramatic events will be happening to Danny in season five, Lindsay won't be part of it ... but since Rikki's confirmed to be back for some episodes, I don't see why it can't be that Danny's vacation directly involves Rikki. I'd be surprised if it didn't.

And about Danny telling Rikki at the end of episode 5x06 he's gotten the vacation time and then showing them married in 5x08 ... :lol: That will cause an uproar, alright!

Thing is, I don't see this as being impossible either. I remember Ausiello's most recent CSI:NY spoiler:

He may 'end up eating his own words here'? That might as well be, "For now I'm rather sure she won't be pregnant when she returns to the show ... but I could be totally wrong." :lol: Interesting he said 'when she returns'. He never said anything about her not being pregnant later on in the season. :devil:

So who knows? If Rikki does become pregnant and/or TPTB establishes that Danny and Rikki have gone into a long term relationship, it's possible Danny and Rikki may sneak off to get married in secret. And before anyone says a marriage automatically means there has to be some huge wedding scene ... who says it has to be a big, extravagant scene? Most of the scenes Danny and Rikki have had together have always been intimate and discreet. It can be as simple a scene as Danny and Rikki registering for a marriage license and standing before a judge or a minister in a church to get married. The whole process can be shorter than an hour!

However, the thing about a possible secret marriage is that I can only see it happening IF Rikki does eventually get pregnant (and Ausiello has to eat his words :lol:). Based on the interactions between Danny and Rikki so far, Rikki's not the kind of person to jump into such a major decision without a lot of contemplation and discussion. And if she feels it's not a good idea, she'll most likely tell Danny that in person and to his face, just like she spoke with him in episode 4x16.

I would love it if Danny takes time off to search for Rikki and tell her he misses her and can't live without her. :D She had to request for him to say goodbye to her, and the way his expression was when he said it ... yeah, I can see him having had enough of missing Rikki, her smiles and kindness and taking some time off to himself to search for her and catch up with her on lots of things, as Matt Mitovich said in his spoiler. He's turned to her before, nothing shocking about him turning to her again.

Hey, I warned you about the long-ness. :p

How about some pictures then?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the most intimate and hottest scenes I've seen yet on primetime TV. :cool:

14. ladyhunter

Kimmychu I love your posts, they are really insightful. ;)

I hope you are right about Danny's vacation and him going to search for Rikki. That would be so sweet and so much like Danny.

I haven't watched CSI NY as long as CSI LV but from what I've seen of Danny, he seems to be the type of person that can be a bit impulsive and somewhat on the whimsical almost to a point ~immature in his decisions. (don't throw shoes at me just yet :lol: ) What I do see him doing on his said time off is haveing that impulsiveness and desire to seach for Rikki OR knowing that she's in town spending his time with her.

Is how I see them too! Caring and loving. Having Rikki come back pregnant would be too much for their relationship. IMHO ;)

So, it should be interesting how this all works out. :D

15. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: Trust me, no one's gonna disagree with you there. I think that's part of what makes Danny so appealing to people in the first place ... that he makes mistakes, bad decisions, doesn't think things through properly sometimes. That he's human, ya know? :) It's unrealistic of someone to be perfect or suffer no consequences from their actions so Danny makes for a believable character people can relate to. Even if ya feel like smacking him up the head sometimes. :p

The thing about Danny's impulsiveness is, at the heart of it, he always does something while believing very much that it's the best decision/option he has at the time. Like Danny easing Rikki's pain with sex, for example. When it took place, he thought it was the best thing he could do to ease her pain but later on after thinking things through, he told Rikki she was right in that using sex as a shortcut/easy way to ease their pain was not a good thing.

Like Rikki said to him, Danny's a sweet guy. Sure, he makes mistakes, but who doesn't? At least he has the decency to apologize later and set things straight instead of being a selfish hypocrite.

Yeah, that is possible. :) I can definitely see that happening. If Rikki's going to show in up to four episodes, she's probably still in Manhattan somewhere, just not in the same neighborhood. It will be interesting to see if her sudden moving away has made Danny realize that what happened between them was more than just grief sex/lust. For now, I can't really think why Rikki will be back in Danny's life for up to four episodes unless something much more has developed between them.

If Rikki springs it on him out of nowhere and expects him to be her sugar daddy for the rest of her life, yeah, I can see it being too much. :lol: For me, it'll boil down to how it comes about. If TPTB writes it that Danny and Rikki establishes an official relationship first and have talked things through, and then Rikki becomes pregnant, I'm all for it. I have no doubts about Carmine's and Jacqueline's acting so I'm not worried about them being unable to pull such a storyline off.

And because I love posting pictures of Danny and Rikki together ...

[​IMG]

I can't wait for season five. :D