Concerts.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by kazzy, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

FREE concerts at the annual Charleston (WV) Sternwheel Regatta this year include:

Thursday, August 28
    12:00 N: Blue Maggie
    7:00 PM: Santa Crus
    9:30 PM: Morris Day and the Time

Friday, August 29
    12:00 N: Grass Stains
    7:00 PM: Alethia, Revelation Theory, & Puddle of Mudd

Saturday, August 30
    7:00 PM: Julia Barton
    8:30 PM: Jo Dee Messina

Sunday, August 31
    7:00 PM: Soul Doctors
    8:30 PM: Blues Travelers (followed by fireworks at 10:00 PM)

Evening concerts are held outdoors by the riverbank on Kanawha Boulevard in downtown Charleston, West Virginia. Bring a blanket or folding chair to sit on. There will be some big screens and extra speakers for those standing too far away. Of course, since these concerts are outdoors, this is weather permitting.

Other events during the Regatta include the "Anything That Floats Race", distance run and walk, hot air balloons, children's street carnival, United Way "all the ice cream you can eat" Sunday Scoop, Bubby Snow water ski spectacular, parades, and fireworks. Also, The Taste of Charleston, at the Civic Center (just off I-64 and I-77, two miles from the start of I-79) on Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 Noon to 6:00 PM.

Full schedule and directions to get here are at the Regatta website.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  2. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

I'm going to two festivals this summer. Pemberton Festival, tickets $360 for non-locals, is free for me. I don't know how this worked out so well for me but it's going to be amazing. The Under the Volcano festival should be 10-20 bucks but as a volunteer I get free entrance, food and drinks, as well as an increased chance of meeting the bands involved.

I'll be going to a bunch of local shows, too. About four bands that I'm pretty close with have gotten signed recently so I might be touring Canada with one of them. I'm stoked for that.

3. Caro86

Caro86 Rookie

my last two, no, three concerts were avril lavigne <3
    bournemouth, mannheim and berlin.
    it was SO unbelievably great, we also met her and she is SO damn cute and just....aw, i love her xD
    I hope i'll see her again very soon... =)

4. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

I went to a small festival yesterday. There were maybe 300 people and it rocked. :) At some point one of my fave Dutch bands played and I was so close to the stage! Er.. I was actually pressed against it. :lol: Well I didn't mind as their lead singer looked straight at me and gave me and 2 of my friends next to me a a high five! :lol: :D

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  5. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I went to see santana the friday before last and i have to say it was amazing. He did a mix of old new and played with his band... he had the coolest drummer though he was amazing and totally rocked out.

I was quite happy because he played one of my fave songs, tho i felt quite young there even tho i'm 21 lol. You can see why people love him tho he is soo soo soo taltented.

6. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^^ Santana was in Finland as well, they said it was wonderful.

Anyways, Bit over a week ago I saw Iron Maiden. Oh they are soooo great! And despite of Bruce's age, he still runs like mad on stage. One song I didn't quite understand why it was picked, but oh well... played all legendary ones. I just hope they didn't have huge light show because... well, summer in Finland isn't the darkest one and sun was shining thru the gig (they started playing at 8pm)

7. MCRLuver

MCRLuver Victim

i got to see quite a few concerts last summer, even MCR, YES. But this summer ive only been able to hit up a few since we did so much traveling. I did see linkin park and the bravery and they were amazing. i was suprised how great a show the breavery put on. i had seen linkin park before and they were great just like they always are.

8. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

^^ I'm so jealous you got to see MCR. They're my favourite band and I have yet to see them!

I just saw Coldplay last night. It was amazing. Long story but I got to go backstage and I got a picture with Jonny (the guitarist) and I went to the afterparty where the whole band was. Chris Martin was like 5 feet away from me. Haha it was amazing. The band is so down to Earth. You'd never be able to tell that they're some huge, world famous band by talking to them.

9. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Wow Katie. That sounds awesome. I'm so jealous! I love Coldplay. Glad you had fun.

*sigh* I want to see Serj Tankian at Sziget but I'm afraid I can't afford a ticket at the moment :(

10. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

Went to Pemberton Festival, and watched ...

Metric
    Wolfmother
    Serj Tankian
    Interpol
    Nine Inch Nails
    Sam Roberts Band
    My Morning Jacket
    The Tragically Hip
    The Flaming Lips
    Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
    Vampire Weekend
    N.E.R.D.
    Death Cab For Cutie
    Jay-Z
    Coldplay

as well as

The Fiery Furnaces
    Buck 65
    Wintersleep
    The Airborne Toxic Event
    Inward Eye
    Montenegro
    Black Mountain

And I'm seeing Tegan and Sara as well as some other DJs and acts on August 10th, Against Me! in September and Gogol Bordello in October.

11. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

I'm going to be seeing The Script in Nottingham in October. There an Irish band and the lead singer is cute!

12. gab94bee

gab94bee Victim

I've been to a lot of local concerts but I've only been to a few concerts of foreign artists like Beyonce, Elliot Yamin [free], Sean Kingston [free again. :p], Maroon 5 etc.. I wanted to go to Panic At The Disco sooooo bad. :(

13. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

I'm so jealous of you. :p

I'm going to a Melee concert :D on September 26th (my fave band and I can't wait) and a Marco Borsato (a dutch artist) concert next month. I really want to go to Jason Mraz too but I don't have any money left. :(

14. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I saw Metro Station, Cute Is What We Aim For, Faber Drive and Simple Plan live at the very end of August. It was my first time being in a mosh pit but it was sweet. I was like, the 3rd row. x] So the bands would pour water on us and stuff because it got really hot. But it was awesome being that close!

15. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Damn, i kinda suck in terms of who i've seen.

MatchBox 20
    Usher
    The Corrs.

Damn, that's about it...