Season 7 **Spoiler Lab** - Gimme More, Gimme Gimme More!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh great! Another freaking mob story! Ugh! So sick of those! We had the whole Gedda thing on Vegas, I think there was a slight mob thing on NY and now this?

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

From what I read, you will ;)

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yay!!! I'm really looking forward to this. Bonus points on continuity :bolian: Though the last (and only) time was like what, season one?? season two maybe?? But anyways, it's always great to see something personal from a character, which was presented earlier on, brought up again :).

4. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Thanks for the spoiler update, delkolover. But I sure wish they would give us a full cast list on the episodes. I'm really getting frustrated at there being no word on which episodes Rick Stetler is going to be in. My headache just got worse after reading no mention of him yet again being in an episode. I tend to think he'll be in "Resurrection." I just wish I knew for sure. :brickwall: Oh god, what am I doing, now my head hurts worse...

5. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yeah sorry I didn't see any mention of him. :(

6. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Well, thanks for looking and for the updates you're doing. I hope that Rick knows Horatio is staging his death. I mean, I hope he's in on the plan. Now, I'm off to take three Advils.

7. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

I heard that as well, and for the sake of it, I asked my mom (since she was around at the time and knows some people who have worked with David). She said he was supposedly demanding of NYPD Blue, and was not only a great actor, but he knew it and voiced it. After he kind of fell off the face of the showbusiness earth, I think he got lucky with CSI: Miami, and learned from his lessons. He's supposed to be really down to earth now. But again, that's just what my mom said, it could be wrong. She was a huge fan of his when he was on NYPD Blue.
    I find Miami completely unrealistic (as opposed to normally unrealistic, like Vegas and New York) and overdramatic when it comes to crime. Mob gangs aren't attacking cities in real life, just like not every criminal in Miami is a drug runner, not every person who is murdered is wealthy, and murders aren't solved within forty-eight hours every single time.

What every happened to the good old days, when, let's say, a gang member died, instead of a multi-millionaire or his wife, who's house looks great on camera? *cries and watches A&E season 1-3 reruns*

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I rolled my eyes at that too. Just the same as that one women who wanted to destroy "thier world" but started with Miami, then just suddenly gave up because the great Horatio Caine put a stop to it:rolleyes:

Anyhow, the cannibal part sounds interesting & a little gruesome which is refreshing, not real sure about the whole Russian mob part though.
    I'm looking forward to hearing Mr.Sexy speak Russian more than anything else:D

9. GregNickRyanFan

I don't know what's going on with cop shows lately. They're all talking about Russian mobs. Burn Notice last night, In Plain Sight this coming Sunday and now Miami? What's the fascination with the Russian mob stuff all of a sudden? Or are all the cop shows just copying off each other? :lol:

10. theonemcp

theonemcp Victim

attacking may be just the wrong word, control would fit better there. At least some (or all) of them are into controling "business branches" to make money. To achieve that they try among other things to corrupt the city/people. That could be called an "attack".

Well, she certainly didn't stop willingly. IMO she got her new home on the bottom of the atlantic. What was she thinking, when she got onto that yacht with that guy?!
    Of course others could take her place (maybe they already have) and just found a new target or are still getting ready for it. :devil:
    Picking Miami as a target was not that unrealistic. Besides NY, LA and Vegas Miami is one of the most famous places. One of the cities that represent the decadence of the western civilizations ;)
    NY alredy got trgeted. So no fun there. Washington DC ... check. Next could be LA, but that would be to predictable, so Miami won the price.

Idea was right, execution was bad (Miami got lucky)

thats the problem with nearly every cop show on air, except maybe L&O

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ About the 48 hours thing. Well, on 'The First 48', they try and get their guy or at least a good lead within 48 hours. So on that end, it's almost realistic for Miami and every other cop show to have the killer in their hands two days later. Of course, more often than not, Miami gets everyone before suppertime. It get a little peeved when they're in interrogation and a character says "you went in this morning, killed them," etc. I remember it taking some time in the first two seasons to put these guys away. *shrugs* Not always though.

Anyway, that's probably the biggest problem I have with the scripts nowadays even if I still love the show.

My second biggest problem? Mob gangs taking over cities. I hate politics and I especially hate it on Miami. :rolleyes: Yes, Miami is the perfect place to head that kind of thing because it's so international and there's access to all kinds of countries, especially in South/Central America. But it's not always like that. Oo. They have homes, families, zoos, schools, churches, and malls just like everyone else. I'm sure for some it'll [politics/wars/mobs/terror] make an interesting storyline but I'm a bit tired of it. It's probably why I can only stomach so much of NCIS at a time.

I don't know, maybe the storyline will surprise me and turn out to be quite interesting. And the cannibal part does seem cool. :D Hopefully we'll get to see some of the Everglades again.

12. Corpuschristie

Corpuschristie Victim

I'm with you all regards the mob stories. They are so trite and usually not very well done. Miami has done a few of these already anyway. I mean what was all that with the 'Mala Noche'? They were supposed to be this scary, dangerous gang, but they were about as scary as a cream cake! Now we are going to have a bunch of people running about with dodgy Russian accents. With any look they can get Dennis Hopper because he's always good at that sort of thing. And besides a CSI unit would not be dealing with these kinds of people.

The cannibal story - now that could be promising. I hope it's not just a background storyline though, as that sort of thing deserves more attention. Heck, they could run a story like that throughout the season, kind of like the miniature killer in CSILV.

13. GregNickRyanFan

ROTFL! Cream cake! hahaha!

I'm not sure about the cannibal story myself. I hope they don't turn it into a one hour Texas Chainsaw Massacre type of story. :lol:

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

That's what I've been dying for CSI:Miami to do!!!! Every year it's just Horatio fighting a new enemy....why can't they delve into a crazy case that they simply cannot solve?!??!
    The cannibal story would be absolutely perfect for that. It'd be much more scary & exciting to see that a flesh eating monster was the new "enemy" for the team. Im tired of it always being some boring bad guy who just wants to rid Horatio Caine...it's too old now & overplayed!

15. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Yeah and those 'enemy' storylines never actually have a good baddie. I loved when Stetler and Horatio butted heads because they have a wonderful dynamic. I also loved when Clavo Cruz and Stewart Otis got under the team's skin because they actually had something about them that freaked us out or appealed to us. But the rest, I never really cared for, especially Mala Noche.

I'm kind of concerned about it because it always seems so cool in the beginning but then it turns into just a simple pretext to something else and the original idea is done with before the next commercial.

And agreed with y'all, I want something to really be played out that has an edge to it. Not sure we're going to see that with another dreaded mob story (Woo, we're onto the Russians this time. What's it going to be next season? Irish mob?) but you never know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.