The photos of the day!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BlueCurl, Dec 23, 2007.

1. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

AnJella
    + Pretty much everything about this photo is perfect. The sun, the placement of the people (which I doubt you could control, but it worked out very well), and the angle. Its a very pretty shot!

- Maybe you should have shown less of the trees on the right and more of the water on the left? The trees and the second road are kind of distracting. Its hard to figure out what you want the viewer to focus on.

Here's mine for today
    http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f11/ilovejonathantogo/Reallycool180.jpg

2. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I'm curious how this could be considered a negative...?

ILJT
    + The contrast of the grey/black to the purple/white works well.
    - The flowers have been paled out...I think but the close use of a flash. Try taking the photo without the flash and lighten and such with a photo program.

[​IMG]

3. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

Wolfsgamergirl
    + Interesting "geometric" photo, interesting angles.
    - The back ground looks just a little washed out, or was it all white back there in reality?

Mine for today, I went to the zoo again today and the peacock was showing off for everyone to see the beautiful colors. I got this one.

[​IMG]

4. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Yes, Amy, it's really all white in the background. The Art Museum in Milwaukee is all white with light grey marble steps...hard to frame anything against it sometimes. :)

Amy777
    + The blue the of the peacock really pops against the stuttle greens and browns.
    - The tail is fuzzy and blurry, but I think that's from the peacock moving.

One very random photo for today....more random than normal. :lol:

[​IMG]

5. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Hello, it's been a while I've been in here, but I'm back, ready and rearing to go... :lol: That was so random... Anyhoo...

WolfesGamerGirl:

+ It looks great, how you have caught the water mid flow, a very arty pic, which I like. :D
    - The cropping hasn't got the water fountain in the centre, so the white bit at the top is a little distracting. Fab pic though. :D

This one is so random, and action shot of my friend, when another of my friend's jumped out on and her and scared her... :lol:
    [​IMG]

6. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie photographer, taking a few photos for my stock collection. So here's one of my faves:

[​IMG]

Adorable Crazy:

+ The genuine expression on her face adds a lot of purity to the photo.
    - There's a little bit of redeye, and the white background kind of fades out the subject.

7. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

A subject doesn't always have to be in the center...infact keeping things in the center can be boring. Changing up where everything is placed acutlally is more appealing to the viewer's eye.

SpeedsDaughter
    + The coloring works well. The flowers pop nicely and even the leaves show up.
    - It's centered on the flowers a bit too much, try backing up a bit anf there will be a nice framing effect.

[​IMG]

8. Stepherweps

Ok, thanks for the advice, I took it into account when taking my next picture. :D

WolfesGamerGirl:

+ I really love how the buildings fill the frame, the projection onto the building had also been captured greatly, I also really like the colouring, it really pops. Well done.
    - (Hmmm... I can't really find anything, it's a fab pic...) There was probably nothing you could have done about this, but the trees in the corner are a tad distracting.

I took this today, it's a streetlight, taken from below, a different subject matter from my usual, but I gave it a go:

[​IMG]

9. Roosey

Roosey Captain

It looks good on the thumb, but my PC doesn't allow me to click it, I don't know why. But it looks nice, Adorable_Crazy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27318627@N04/2568369554/

Here's mine for today. There are more photos on my flickr-account and feel free to add me.

10. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Roosey
    + The depth used works very well, there is just enough detail in the back to tell that there is a flower in the background.
    - Perhaps try upping the contrast to make things pop more.

Photo from a nature walk the other day.

[​IMG]

11. Stepherweps

Wolfesgamegirl:

Can I just say, amazing pic!? :lol:

+ It looks so pretty, I love how you have captured the flower with the web on it, I also love the effect, where the background is blurred to draw focus to the flower, great job.
    - Maybe if you up the contrast just a tad, the colours would pop more. :)

A really random shot of a road near my house... :lol:

[​IMG]

12. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Adorable_Crazy
    + The over all photo is very well put together. The angle works well in giving equal space.
    - Though the far off background is neat, it's a bit distracting because it's so clear.

Another random from the nature warlk.

[​IMG]

13. keich

keich CSI Level One

Wolfesgamergirl:

+ I love the depth and the way the sun seems to peek from the background. What kind of camera and lens do you use?
    - Both your subject and your background are green. Though the picture's depth looks good, the subject doesn't jump out of the picture.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23129855@N03/2569106751/
    I love taking pictures of clouds.

14. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I have a Samsung digital camera, no lenses. I just do a lot of trial and error with settings a such. :)

keich
    + The clouds look almost like a painting, which work well for the composition.
    - The dark land really distracts from the light clouds. It would have been more effective to crop out the darkness.

[​IMG]

15. Stepherweps

Sara, for some reason, I'm not able to see your pics, everytime I click on one it comes up "Internet explorer cannot display page"... :(