Favorite Episode of Season Four?

What was your favorite episode in season four?

• Can You Hear Me Now?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Deep

• You Only Die Once

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Time's Up

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Down the Rabbit Hole

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Boo

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Commuted Sentences

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Buzzkill

• One Wedding and a Funeral

• The Thing About Heroes

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Child's Play

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Happily Never After

• All in the Family

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Playing with Matches

• DOA for a Day

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Right Next Door

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Like Water for Murder

• Admissions

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Personal Foul

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Taxi

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Hostage

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

Top41

Administrator
Administrator
Premium Member
What was your favorite episode of season four? Pick an ep and tell us why you liked that one best!

This was a tough one, but I voted for "Child's Play." It was so emotional and sad, and launched a really great arc for Danny. I liked that he wasn't completely blameless in what happened to Ruben, that he did mess up even though he had good intentions.

The runners up for me were "Commuted Sentences," "All in the Family" and "Admissions." The first provided great food for thought and really interested me as a viewer, I love how the writers explored the depth of the friendship between Flack and Danny in the second, and the third was just a great episode of CSI--a great case, a surprising twist and a sad ending.

I voted for "Taxi" because I loved this whole "cabbie-killer-thing" and sure because of Reed:drool: I did like this::guffaw:when he asked Mac If he would use a taxi.Don't know why but that was so funny. When he lied there on the floor an Stel was feeling his pulse, I thought he was dead...
Great episode!!!

I went for 'Admissions' in the end, but it was close between that episode, 'Child's Play', 'All in the Family' and 'You Only Die Once' (yeah, Flack was hot).

I think 'Admissions' was great partly because it was unexpectedly good, it really surprised me. With 'Child's Play' and 'All in the Family' there was some great moments, some really touching moments and it was very emotional, but whilst Carmine was fantastic in those episodes, too much of Danny's emotional drama begins to grate on me after a while. 'Child's Play' and 'Admissions' were the only two episodes to make me cry this season, and I'm normally impressed if something can manage to make me cry. :lol:

I went with All in the Family. It was tough decision between it and Admissions. If I could get the right to vote twice, I would have voted that too.

I chose All in the Family, mainly for the emotional turmoil that Danny was going through. It was the episode when we truly saw what Danny really felt about Ruben's death. I agree, during the S4 there was too much Danny drama :lol:

All in the family was one of my favorites but there were more.

With this one,I just felt it was something more,more feeling I guess

I voted for "Admissions" because the storytelling was great, the acting was fantastic, the case was gut-wrenching and yet they managed to put in the proper balance of humor.

Second Place: "You Only Die Once" because damn, that was just a fun episode.

Third Place: "Child's Play". I couldn't care less about the Danny arc that was started but I did think both cases were interesting and the character interactions really sparkled here.

Honorable Mention: "DOA for a Day". Outlandish but fun, again it wasn't the case so much as it was the character interactions. And seriously, the ending was pretty dang cool.

I voted for "Child's Play." The fact that they were able to walk that very fine line with Danny and make him partially responsible for Ruben's death but still remain a sympathetic character was impressive from all aspects, the writing, directing and acting. And the fact that it started off a great Danny arc was a plus, too.

Tied for second are "All in the Family" and "Admissions." AitF had the awesome Danny/Flack interaction and "Admissions" showed Gerrard in a sympathetic light and had the shocking ending.

I suck at picking favorites. I just keep looking at the list and can't make a decision about what to vote for. Maybe I'll try again later. :lol:

I had to pick 'Admissions'.

It had everything for me that makes up an excellent episode of CSI:NY. Banter, great character interactions, a story/crime that really made me think, with out being too over the top (I understand that they need drama).

Gerrard was as ever excellent and I really enjoyed seeing him in a more sympathetic. I felt that good writing and good acting was evident there.

The supporting cast were as good as the leads.

What more could I ask for!

Noteable mentions for 'Child's Play' and 'All in the Family', two very good emotional episodes and a good arc for Danny, plus I'm in agreement with Top, it was very brave of TPTB to actually have Danny responsible for his actions, but like PA said, managing to keep the character sympathetic and credit goes to CG there too.

Would also like to say I throughly enjoyed the following two, for totty purposes; (Like Elsie) "You Only Die Once". Flack, You Da Man! WOOF! :drool: and "Down the Rabbit Hole", Adam completely rocked this episode and reminded me why I need to go geek at least once a week!

The episodes I enjoyed most were "You Only Die Once", "Commuted Sentences", "All in the Family and "Admissions".

I voted for "Admissions" for the same reasons Sammy11 already mentioned. We got to see hysterically funny moments (nerd Hawkes/Danny, Flack: 'Stop... just stop! , Mac/Sid 'Don't play with me like that!', Adam 'what up!') unscrupulous criminals and a devastated Gerrard. All these extremes in one episode and it still went really well together. Wow! Just... Wow!

I picked 'Admissions', for all reasons the posters above me mentioned. The case was packing, interesting twists, the actors were at their best and good drama.

Child's Play however a good 2nd.

I voted for "Taxi" because I loved this whole "cabbie-killer-thing" and sure because of Reed:drool: I did like this::guffaw:when he asked Mac If he would use a taxi.Don't know why but that was so funny. When he lied there on the floor an Stel was feeling his pulse, I thought he was dead...
Great episode!!!

I voted for "Taxi" also because I thought it the best. But, I've only seen "Personal Foul", "Taxi", and "Hostage" this season... so it was a gamble between the three. I wouldn't have minded seeing the very first Taxi Cab Killer episode, but I never got to. Sharayah encouraged me to see the Lindsay one... It took me two scenes to figure out who Reed was... Mac's son. And then season 3 entered my mind. And all the episodes I missed...

Also, AnJella, the very first part you mentioned, Reed asking Mac if he would take a cab, that was from "Personal Foul". Reed wanted info, Mac wouldn't give, and Reed asked publicly. Then Mac got on Reed's case for lying. (That seems like Reports to me.)
The rest, yes, was from "Taxi". I watched that this morning. A little flashback for my story I'm writing.

Come to think of it, I should have picked "Personal Foul". That was a good episode. I thought it awesome. First time ever seeing Reed, and thinking the Actor was hot, and thought it was great the intereaction between Mac and Reed... and Stella and Mac... I like those two together. SMacked all the way!

'Nuff said, I think.

DOA for a Day. down the rabbit hole, taxi, admissions and commuted sentences come next. i really like the second life storyline, a bit more than the cabbie killer, but it was also good.

in the whole second life thing, adam was great! he has some mad skills! LOL. plus flack and angell looked really good together. the "you look good in a vest" line was pretty good. hahaha. ;)

Back