"For Gedda" Season Finale Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 10, 2008.

1. Ervserver

Ervserver Victim

I think it was because Warrick was investigating Gedda, had hired that private detective and such, getting in too deep and was about to find out about the undersheriff and his corruption. Had Pritchard Kill Gedda and attempted to frame Warrick for it, but when that went awry the undersheriff had to kill Warrick. My guess is the undersheriff killed Pritchard also, no witnesses.

2. CSILabRat

CSILabRat Civilian

I cannot believe what happened to Warrick. I hate to see him leave the show.
    He was such a cool character. By cool, I mean he was suave, slick.
    Warrick's character completed the group that is CSI .
    Now, there is a terrible void. Warrick will be terribly missed.
    The undersherriff will totally get caught, and i think he knows it too.
    By shooting Warrick he's hoping to slow it down a bit.
    But Grissom still has all the evidence and we all know that they will process that crime scene the best they can, just to bring justice to Warrick's death.

3. Ervserver

Ervserver Victim

I think Grissom will solve the case and confront the undersheriff and end up killing him, Grissom for once will be carrying a gun

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Thanks for clearing up my misconception about the arrest thing.

I gotta wonder if CSI ever will send someone to jail rather than kill them...

5. mortimer

mortimer Victim

As far as Nick's girlfriend goes, she will be around next season. But I don't think we are supposed to talk about season 9 spoilers yet anyway. But she will have a recurring role. Will have to talk about when the season 9 spoiler thread opens.

Hopefully they change their minds this summer and don't continue the relationship.

6. Amanda_Ruth

Amanda_Ruth Witness

See, as sure as I am that Warrick is... ahem, ya know, I just can't say that yet. Call me obsessive, but I just can't face it just yet.

Basically, as sure as I am that that happened, I still think that there is a possibility he'll survive... don't ask me why I feel this way, I just do. I mean, I'm angry at Gary for being stupid, but Warrick is still part of the team. They can't just get rid of him that way!

My heart is shattered. My mind is whirling. I can't let this go.

I'll miss you, Warrick Brown.

7. wiigotaproblem

wiigotaproblem Civilian

Warrick won't be surviving this. I'm sure many of you already know this, though I haven't seen anyone mention it in this thread, but the actor who plays Warrick (Gary Dourdan) was arrested in April for several drug charges. He was released on $5,000 bail, and his court date is supposed to be at the end of this month. So, he'll likely be going to jail for a long time unless he has a really good lawyer.

Now with Warrick and Sarah gone though, won't the team seem a bit... empty? I think they need to bring Ronnie back around and maybe make Wendy a CSI? Just my thoughts. What ever happened to Sofia Curtis anyway?

Apologies for going off topic.

8. GreenEyes

GreenEyes Hit and Run

So, then why did you post a season 9 spoiler in a thread that wasn't for them? Some of us actually do try to avoid spoilers. :rolleyes:

I really don't see that there is any chance that Warrick survived. If someone had been shot like that with a paramedic team standing right next to him, I think their chances would be very slim at best. My interpretation was that we saw his life draining away and that in the last frames he was dead.

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I honestly didn't think the CSI writers were brave enough to kill off one of their characters! :lol: I just wished it was back in September where it would have been more dramatic. *shrug*

I'll miss Warrick. I enjyed his character on the show, and it came as a complete shock that they killed(?) him off. The Undersheriff McKeen mole storyline I knew all the way back in "Lying Down with Dogs", so that didn't come as a shock.

My favorite scene in the episode would have to be in the diner, where everybody was breakfast (although where was Brass?!). Brass did tick me off a bit though, because Warrick is his friend, and he was treating him a little unjustly, where as everyone else was treating him more fair, I guess. Reminded me of the Season One days of the Warrick/Brass dynamic.

10. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

I'm a history major, so I have no clue what the location of the wound tells us about the severity of his wounds. But even if the bullets missed all the arteries and the trachea and esophagus, shouldn't his spine have been somewhere in the trajectory?
    I think the neck isn't the best body part to be shot at or to explain everything away as a miraculous case of "it missed all vital organs and was only a flesh wound"

But this is only common sense speaking and it is a TV show, so everyything is possible I guess

11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Because the girlfriend has been discussed in this episode (see earlier threads) because she was to appear in this episode. So technically, I don't think it is a spoiler for season 9. It was a season 8 spoiler. I'll let Destiny and Tallyho decide that.

I think he could have survived that wound. The exit wound didn't look that bad, anyways he could be paralyzed by that shot. (that's speculation, not a spoiler). And the reason I don't think they killed him is that Carol Mendelsohn doesn't like to kill off the characters. However, they just may have. Man, September is a long way away. Oh well, I'll just have to enjoy the summer.

12. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

^^Oh, come on, McGee's books were so hilarious !!!. It's a pity Greg's book is not about "Trissom" and "Pillows" solving crimes and having a relationship but about the old gangs in LV.:lol:

I saw at the Imdb that they credited the detective interrogating Warrick as IA Officer Wagenbach, the same name of his character on "The Shield", so this is like a CSI/The Shield "crossover" somehow, he was lucky not to be interrogated by Vic Mackey.:lol:

13. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

I would be ok with that (although I'd prefer Trissom and Sydel ). I just don't want some crazy barista stalking Greg.

I just rewatched the ep. with my BF. He had completely forgotten about the mole plot and hence thought it was too confusing (a boss mole and a sub-mole :wtf: :confused:). of course the Holly Gribbs connection had him puzzled as well

stupid continuity :lol:

14. Szmile

Szmile Police Officer

OMG. I am shaking. When they were all in the cafe I just knew. I knew he was going to die. They were all too happy. I thought before I saw the episode that it was going to be the Undersherriff (who I hated after he was rude to Greg in season 7). When I realised you couldn't see his other hand I knew he had a gun in it. I'm absolutely gutted. More upset than I thought I'd be. I'm so sorry for the team.

I'm gutted.

Regarding Toots's comments:
    I completely and totally agree with you 100%. I really admired Greg's honesty and professionalism. And way to go on the publishers!! I'm going to cling to that happy thought and his beautiful smile to get me through.

Outstanding episode, but oh my God I'm so upset about Warrick. My heart was pounding like mad. Haven't been like that since Fannysmackin.

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I'm still in the shock denial faze, I can't beleive this happened, I am a positive CSI fan and though they had plans for Gary's return, this seems far-fetched now.. to do a re-cap of this, now that I'm trying to deal with it.. and the what if's.. the team walking him to his car, what if? and why did he have his car parked in a dark alley, after all he'd been through? but wouldn't McKeen, ambushed him later in another location, probably, but now that the team knows there's a mole, wouldn't Grissom and the rest go after this full force? what's he going to do, kill all of them? :klingon:

The beginning, two bodies in one casket:wtf:.. gross, Grissom to Nick, "we're a fat nation Nick" Brass 'what, you had a two for one sale? I don't get this part of the ep. because it had no realation to the ep. Hodges lurking and snaking around listening to Warrick on the phone, he's such an annoying little prevert! Grissom, and his intensity of wondering where Warrick was. The crux, finding Warrick at Gedda's place, him dead, and Warrick all disoriented and out of it, the blood, the gun, the cuffs. The whole team in shock and disbelief:eek: I was stunned as they were. The lawyer interogating him, and bringing up the Holly incident:( and with Grissom's expertise, and the "chloroform" findings, and realizing that he was framed. I was estactic at that point:thumbsup: Cath, "stay strong", and so caring, she really cares about him alot, always has, and who knew that Ecklie was actually caring about Warrick, a new one for him:vulcan: Grissom telling Warrick and the great big bear hug, these two have always had a special camraderie, so loving and kind:thumbsup:and the wonderful diner scene, them all celebrating his good fortune, I loved that scene, and thought that was the happy ending like "Grave Danger, and "Dead Doll", but alas not to be, I've never trusted that McKeen, so he had officer Pritchard do his dirty work, what a snake:klingon:To say we were all shocked is such an understatement, I still can see that horrible scene, "I don't want to fire you, [just kill you] A--hole:scream: what now, so is he a goner, or will someone find him bleeding to death in his car in the dark alley Who would that be?.. This is the saddest ep. ever:(

Last edited: May 16, 2008