The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

So many fanfictions written about this issue. Once again its hard to say how Greggo would feel about being with Nicky in secret. Maybe at first it would seem cool to be his dirty little secret. but then I think Greggo's open personality, which I love, would cause him to want to tell the world. After growing up on Texas with a judge father I feel it would be very hard for Nicky to make such a relationship public. Nicky might have a easier time becoming public in Las Vegas, but he would always be worried it would get back to his parents and family. But who knows maybe his family would be completely accepting of his relationship with another man. Its one of those things you will never know until you broach the subject with them. But I would totally understand if that was his fear about making their relationship public. I think either of the boys could expose their relationship at work. We already know Nicky is a very touchy feely kinda guy, and one can only hide their emotions for so long before they snap. As seen in 'Fannysmakin'. Greggo would be so bursting to tell someone he would confide in one of his labrat confidants and then the secret would get spread around the lab.

So basically I agree my_last_chance. Like Katlynn888 I could never see them breaking up personally. But I think if they ever did this would be one of the main factors in it. Also I like to think even if they broke up cause of this, they would both come to their senses and end up back together.

2. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

What a sad topic! I don't want the boys to even think about breaking up! Nonono!!! But if they should it would be like you said, Greg couldn't take it anymore that he was Nicky's "dirty" secret. But in the end, Nick'd realize that he couldn't live without his Greggo. He'd send him a bunch of flowers to the lab and declare his love in front of everybody, then they'd go home and ... :devil:

Anyway, just imagine, they are in a relationship, Greg would definitely tell Sara. And he's just the kind of person who couldn't keep it to himself, so he'd always try to lighten Nicky up, touch him, sneak some kisses from him when no one's watching. And, well, someday, they'd just be caught ...

Nick on the other hand would try to keep it really tame (at least in public :devil:). But as one of you has mentioned, his emotion would show (and they did in Fannymackin') sometime.

3. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ I agree that Greg wouldn't be able to keep his "dirty little secret" a secret. He'd want the whole world to know, but Nick still wouldn't be ready for it. But when he was ready, well, hopefully he hadn't wasted too much time, and Greg will still be there for him. Scratch that, of course Greg will still be sort of waiting for Nick.

^-^ It'd be so adorable to see Greg and Nick sneaking kisses behind closed doors at the lab. I'm pretty sure Sara would keep Nick and Greg's secret, she seems extremely trustworthy. So if Nick and Greg are sneaking kisses, who do you think would catch them? I think it'd be Hodges. He'd wonder where they always went, and he'd follow 'em. I love the guy, but sometimes I think he has to know exactly what's going on in the lab at all times. Nosy guy, but funny. I dunno if Hodges would keep their secret... it'd be kinda funny if he blackmailed them. Make an interesting tale, though.

4. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

this thread is quite sad today :( i just came in to read some comments about the Love, and it's all about breaking up :( how sad, Nick and Greg wouldn't split up ;)

5. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Oh bubbles, I know, we really shouldn't be talking about something that would never happen, because one thing is for sure, the boys would never break up. They are meant to be together!

So, what could we discuss else? Hm, I know that has been discussed before but since there are so many new lovers of the Love ... when did you realize that there was something going on between the boys? Any specific episode/ scene where you just went AHA, they're a couple?

I can't really recall myself. I just thought they'd be cute together after watching some episodes (must have been S2/3). Then I found a thread on a QaF board and got involved more and more with the Love. And after I found WMTDB I was a goner.

I can watch an episode for the fourth or fifth time and still find something new, just a comment or whatever that makes me think, wow, whom are they kidding? They're so together!

BTW, if I haven't welcomed you before, welcome to the Love, bubbles :thumbsup:

6. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

I dunno why, I mean, it was one of the farthest things from subtext, because Greg was talking to Grissom, and Nick wasn't in the episode (At least I don't think...) But, he mentions Nick's name, and his eyes like light up, and he walks out with this spring in his step I think I may have just been halucinating, but that's just me.:)

That's when i realized something was going on, and I now really wish that I could remember the episode name...ARG...

And, this realy weird thing happens to me whenever I write Greg saying Nick's name in one of my stories, I say..."Wow...Gret really loves nick..." and the strange thing is that it DOESN"T WORK THE OTHER WAY! It's like, Greg says Nick, it's love, Nick says Greg, he's saying Greg's name. IT"S WEIRD! I mean...I think I'm just crazy, right now. So, 'll get bakc to you people!

-Lynn

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

FYI - Please allow me to familiarize you with the following rule when posting.

All posts must contain a MINIMUM of 3 lines of Good posting. That is three lines of on topic discussion about Nick and Greg. Thanks, I don't want the mods after you.

I agree, Nick and Greg breaking up for any reason is depressing. That is why I haven't commented on it.

So on to the other subject, watching CSI I never really saw the subtext until I discovered it on the internet and found my way here. I started reading fan fic and I was hooked. Nick and Greg belong together, it's that simple.

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  8. my_last_chance

^-^ I think that would be my fault. Heh. I enjoy exploring all aspects of someone's relationships, even if that includes breaking up. Of course Greg and Nick wouldn't break up, but well, I'm a fan of zeh drama. But, to those who find it a depressing subject, well, my bad for bringing it up.

^-^ I had never envisioned Nick and Greg together until that one fateful day... *flashback time!*
    I was surfing the net, reading up on past episodes when I happened upon this website. I thought, 'hmm, cool!' and explored it a bit. I thought it'd be a giggle to see who had been paired up in Shipper Central and lo and behold! Nick and Greg together?!
    I read more on it, and came to the realization that Nick and Greg were perfect for each other. And that is my... ah, umm fairly boring way of getting into The Love. The end.
    Sadly, beforehand I had never even spared a thought to the fact that Nick or Greg could be interested in each other. I didn't notice any subtext between them (I wasn't looking very hard, mind you) and I was mainly focused on just watching Nick. He's my favorite, if you couldn't tell. ;)

9. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Sorry :)

I kind of hadn't thought about them together as a couple either until I came on here. There were the occasional moments where I kinda thought 'they are way to close to be just friends' and saw subtext, but i didn't really think about it for any length of time.

Then I came on here (mainly because I'm a big C/S shipper too) and started reading this. And I also thought, yeh, I can really see it, and now, watching older episodes especially (I haven't watched any season 8 yet) i can definately see it, that they are not just friends, and there is chemistry there. I think one of the first times I noticed it was the ep where Greg was in the lab doing something, and Nick was close, and Greg was saying he needs his space, and Nick kept getting close. Off the top of my head that's the first ep I noticed it. i think. ;)

10. NickyandGreggo

NickyandGreggo Witness

Im with Wojo and my last chance,

I was just looking up CSI fanfiction on the internet and I found the story Healing by Elamae. (I cant post the link because it is R) it was so will done and very good at sticking to how I think they would really act..... and I just started lookin up Nick and Greg.... I found Subtex is everything and WMTDB! Then I found my way here and I have been hooked, I only started watching CSI after seeing the end of GD on tv... My mom had already bought all the seasons and I had not watched any of them. So I stared to watch CSI after I found my way here... so from the frist time I watch them I was looking for the subtex... and I didnt have to wate long with the hold anle swabs =)

11. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

I just thought of a reason why Nick and Greg might break up as well...uh...

Well, i was thinking, and mainly it's because I've been listening to too much Carrie Underwood and her song "Before He Cheats" is my favorite country song...but, here it is.

What if, because Nick is still so uncertain and uncomfortable with his sexuality, he starts dating girls behind Greg's back, to convince himself that it's just a...halucination? The feelings he has for Greg? It's all so hard to imagine Nicky doing that...especially behind Greg...:(

Now, if he was cheating on bimbo blond behind HER back WITH Greg...I woulnd't have as much of a problem, but I take Nick as the guy to break something off before he starts fooling around with anyone else...he also seems like the commiting type. Like someone already pointed out.

But, dispite that, I still see Greg as the one that would be wanting something long-term out of Nick, you know? I again, the sexuality insecurities come up again. They really like to ruin our fun, don't they? :p

Uh...Whose comin' to the live chat tonight? It's been kinda pitiful the last few times...WE NEED MORE LOVERS! Wow...that sound really weird...

-Lynn

P.S. - I was talking to my grandma, and she asked if I was still writting, and I said yes. And, now she wants me to bring some oe my work over so she can see it! AAHH! I can't show her the N/G stuff, and that's really all i have in any of my note books...especially the one thing that I wrote durring that boring lecture in Musical Appresiation...eek!

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  12. my_last_chance

^-^ It's no problemo =] And there's also this one episode where Nick and Warrick are hanging around Greg's lab, and Greg comes in kind of po'd. He tells them to get out, but they kind of ignore him. Nick is in a chair holding something and Greg comes up behind him and grabs it while flinging Nick out of the chair. I cannot see Greg doing that to any other CSI's except for Nicky. They invade each other's spaces a lot, don't they?
    Does anyone have any screencaps from the scenario I described? I can't remember the episode, though. Sorry.

^-^ I would, but I have soccer practice. I always have either a game or a practice on Thursdays... the night of the new episodes. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!

13. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

OMG! I feal so sorry for you, My_last_Chance. I had a band concert on Thursday once, I was like, 'NO! I DON'T WANNA GO!!"

But, i had too...

hehe! that was a really great subtexty moment! lol. I ecpecially loved it when Warrick while he's walking out, he says to Greg, "You taken your meds today?"

lol, that was so funny!:lol:

-Lynn

14. my_last_chance

^-^ I'm glad someone else shares my pain xD. But after practice I can come home and relax while watching the new episode tonight!
    That really was an awesome subtexty moment between the two. Maybe Greg could've been having an off day and Nick didn't really realize he was bothering his boy 'til Greg sorta... threw Nick out of the lab, lawlz. And yeah, Warrick's line there was priceless. xD

15. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ Subtext Subtext. I first noticed they got very touchy with each other all the time. And the shear amount time, they had them interacting in the first couple of season. Made me wonder about the two of them. Then I came to this site and Twins really opened my eyes to it.

my_last_chance
    the episode is 'High and Low' season three. I love that scene. Heres a cap from it for you all to enjoy. New epiosde tonight hopefully some LOVE action for us.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.