The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzy_Wolf

Fuzzy_Wolf Victim

OKay,yes, I admit, I missed yesterday's epi, but Lynn filled me in.

WHO ALSE THINKS PREGENANT LADY IS GONNA BE NICK'S NEW GIRLFRIEND?

As Weird Al once said, "Kill them.":evil:

Stranger things have happened.

OKay, really, if William Petterson really DOES leave the show, I think Cath would be the next to step up.

But, if Marg left too...well, is it FOR SURE that Gary's going to leave? I gatehr that it was a rumer, not fact. remember that one episode, like, so many season ago, when Grissom to go to a bug show thingie he said to warrick, and I quote, "When I leave CSI for good, there won't be a cake in the break room, I'll just be gone." or, somthing like that...I think that implies that he's trying to get Warrick to step up for him when he's gone. I think he even said something anlong those lines, but I can't remember...

But, let's say, hypathetically, of cousr, that YES, three people DO leave, and YES, Nick and Greg are the only original chracters left (Not likely...:lol:) I suppose taht since Nick has more expirience, and is a level three, would be stepping up. I think that, yes, this would get a reaction out of Greg, if the writters weren't so EVIL. Maybe they'll kiss. MAYBE THEY'LL HUG! We can only hope for the best, and at the rate TPTB is going, we'd be lucky even for the second option. I thik they've been reading our sites. poo...:(

Oh, well, with with high hopes and a heavy heart,

-Fuzz

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  2. Greggo_Obsessed

Greggo_Obsessed Hit and Run

Yeah, Nick will definitely be in charge. I love my_last_chance's scenario in the breakroom. I would squee myself to death if that happened. It definitely would affect their relationship but Greg would be supportive and let Nick make the choice on his own.

I find it somewhat depressing that everyone's leaving. First Sara left, soon it'll be Warrick and then Gris and Cath. At least our boys will still be there. That's uplifting... somewhat.

I don't have a clue who Nick's new girlfriiend will be but someone did mention something about it being a waitress and blonde I believe. I wonder if that's in the next new one...

3. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ Hmm. Blondey, eh? I thought our Nicky had a thing for redheads? DON'T FORGET BRASS! He'll still be there. So, hypothetically speaking, if Grissom, Catherine and Warrick are all gone, we'll have a show that consists of Greg, Nick and Brass (plus others, but these are the main characters). That would be one... umm... interesting show. ;)

4. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Wouldn't it just? Think of all that screentime our boys would have if it was just them and Brass running the place? :thumbsup: Though of course a lot of crimes would go unsolved with less than half a team but still...sacrifices must be made. Heh.

Re Nick getting promoted, I think that Greg would be fine with Nick being his boss at work because when they are at home it would only take one look for him to get Nicky to do whatever he wants...also think on some level Greg would enjoy getting bossed around by Nick at work...hmmm....interesting role play/power switching type thoughts...;) Like someone said, they have hidden it this long, don't think a promotion would make any difference.

I am loving those caps of Nick, looks like he is thinking something really filthy. Straight my backside!

In other news, I actually came out of my shipper closet to my best friend today. He was fascinated and I insisted that he sit through my 'CSI slash for beginners' tutorial before I let him read any of my fics. He also thinks Greg is hot, so...possible conversion? :lol:

Nat x

5. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

There are many viewers who aren't Nick/Greg shippers who also see The Love. Here are just two samples.

This article was published in "The Advertiser" when George visited Australia in 2006:

"Anyone even thinking of swiping a Logie next weekend may want to think twice. One of TV's best detectives will be there. TV Week yesterday announced CSI star George Eads will be a special guest presenter on the big night, which screens on Channel 9 on May 7. Eads plays technician Nick Stokes, who has a rough trot. Guest director Quentin Tarantino even buried the poor guy alive!
    Eads has a huge following and is the subject of one of the internet's more passionate "fandoms"-a hard core group that believes Nick is in a secret, gay relationship with fellow tech Greg Sanders, played by Eric Szmanda. Watch carefully. The subtext is there, knowing looks and all."

From MSNBC.com:

"The sixth season finale left us with the suggestion that Sara (Jorja Fox) and Grissom (William Petersen) might finally resolved their allegued sexual tension. However, given that they have no chemistry-she comes off less as having the hots for Grissom than wanting to be the ultimate teacher's pet-split these two and hook up the pair of investigators we spent last season waiting for: Catherine (Marg Helgenberger) and Warrick (Gary doudan). Failing that, we'll settle for Nick (George Eads) and Greg (Eric Szmanda)."

All these people think that the Nick/Greg subtext actually exists ("Watch carefully, The subtext is there, knowing looks and all") and they mention Nick/Greg among the biggest ships on CSI.

Nick is the slashiest character on CSI for a reason and the fact that now they want to make Nick look straight, ignoring eight years of subtext that many people, not just us, can see, is a joke. A bad joke.

Because as everyone has said, Nick is a very, very gay boy and TPTB aren't fooling anyone...:lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Straight" as an arrow.....Yeah...right. :guffaw:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  6. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

searbird - back when I was a shipper on the fence, I read those articals, and they pretty much convinced me. lol.

Sara's Girl - Wanna switch best friends? Because mine was totally a jerk about it and stuff. But, then, he adjusted. Though, he still does this really anoying thing with his hands...and uses these voices, "Oh, Greg!" "Nick!" and then, he pretends to throw them off his desk...and says I killed them...hehe. Yeah, I have a weird friend. But, yeah. Coming out of your shipper closet is sometimes just as hard as coming out of your sexuality closet.

Fuzz - I'm with you, sista! That's what I was saying all along. You can ask the people on the live chat. hehe.

Wojo - Personally, I think it could swing either way. Nick coming in charge, (More likely) or Cath stepping up, if she doesn't leave.

It's not like I'm hoping Gary leaves....but...:(

I don't know whether I've said my bit on how Greg will (Would) react if and when Nick gets premotted, but, I think it will be one of support, dispite lsight resentment. But, seriously, Greg's gonna support his man no matter what. ;)

*gasp* George on Two and a Half Men? When? Please, someone tell me! But...that's kinda strange...a comedy team switching with a crime drama team? That's gonna be a helluva interesting epi...:lol:

well, I know that my post is REALLY LONG but, again, trying not to break rulz here...

-Lynn

7. my_last_chance

^-^ I had never read those articles, and it's just more proof! I'm glad that there are people out there who can see everything with an unbiased eye. An unobjective viewer, I s'pose. It's really neat to read how other people see these two characters interact. Thanks for posting the articles and also the screencaps!
    A while back there was this picture with Nick standing with one hand on his hip and someone called it a "gay" pose, or something like that. Well, at a badminton tournament earlier today, there was this guy who was standing exactly like that. There was also a very subtexty moment between two people on the court... see what The Love does to a person? Gah. Now I'm viewing subtext wherever I go. The Love drives meh crazay, me thinks.

8. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

It won't be just the three of them, don't forget that the new guy (replacing Warrick) will be there and also Wendy is starting field training next season so she will most likely be a CSI if there is a season 10.

Seabird-about all that subtext in the press, I'm thinking that could be why TPTB are so hell bent on making Nick look straight, to squash the gay talk about Nick and his beloved Greggo.

9. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Morning, everyone. I'm still half asleep, so this post might be kinda confusing...

From what I can gather, everyone is convinced that Gary's leaving is truth, instead of just a very publicised rumor. I mean...I haven't heard any proof, and, correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this STILL just a rumor? Does it really have any proof behind it?

Well...yeah. Brass, Nick, Greg, New Dude, and Wendt. Wait, since when does New Dude come before Wendy? let's switch that, shall we?

lol...uh...I still have hopes. I may just be the most hopeful person in the world, but I'm still holding out for more Nick/Greg. and, besides, we'ves till got our lovely subtext. THANK YOU, ERIC AND GEORGE! YOU GIVE US SOMETHING TO LIVE FOR!

Okay..after I regain my sanity, I'll be back. Until then, bye, kiddies.

-Lynn

10. my_last_chance

^-^ Ah yes, the mysterious Ray Santora (or is it Santoro? I can never remember). The man who seems a lot like Nick. Grr. We don't need another Nicky, thanks. A while back, someone said that in the beginning Warrick and Nick were supposed to butt heads. I think that this might be the course of action with the new guy. They seem a lot alike... maybe Nick might think that he's trying to steal his thunder (or his Greggo?)
    I am hoping that Wendy will get out into the field soon. She's a great character, and her conversations with Hodges are always interesting.
    Wendy: Okay are you allergic to being honest with me, because the thing is, if you had actually asked me to help you with this game, I would have. But no, you had to hide a tape recorder under a table, and engage us all in this great big "thought experiment", when in reality it doesn't even matter what I think, because I'm just Mindy big boobs to you. And I... You're the dumbest smart guy I know.
    Hodges: You think I'm smart? (Wendy walks out)*
    I love that part. xD
    *Taken from http://www.tv.com/csi/you-kill-me/episode/1149812/trivia.html

11. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Sorry to burst your bubble but this is not a rumor, proof has been published in several places, TVGuide, Entertainment weekly, E News channel. Not to mention the spoilers that have come out about his last episode. (season finale ep17 - there are also promo pictures of him saying goodbye to both Nick and Catherine) Sorry but this is fact, he's leaving.

Since this is the Nick and Greg thread... I'll move on. I hope when next season starts that we get more time for our guys to work more cases together and I am hoping the new guy (yes Warrick is being replaced) does not take away from that or Greg's screen time in general. Let's hope for more subtext moments.

12. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Oh....I feel stupid and sad now...:(

*cried for Warrick*

I DON'T WANT WARRICK TO LEAVE!!!!!!!!!

anyway, Uhm...yeah, I agree, Wojo. All the press attention the the LOVE might me why their hell-bent on making Nick out to be straight. They find the press negative, when, in realtity, it is the exact oposite! The press if RUITING FOR IT ALONG WITH US!

"Failing that, we'll setting for Nick and Greg"

"Watch carfully. The subtext is there, knowing looks and all."

I mean, it's amazing some of these people haven't joined THE LOVE campain! yes, I think we are campaining.

But. come on, the press, the fans, everything.

When are going into the Snickers thread? I'd like to join.

well, see yas!

Oh, and thanks, Seabird! hehe. yay...

-Lynn

13. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Aw, I like Wendy too. I have to be careful because my favourite characters seem to leave...I miss Sofia. And Sara. :( Ok, sorry, I digress.

As for the new guy (I think it's Santoro?) I'm not convinced. he had better not get in between Nick and Greg. Unless he does in an interesting, making them get all jealous and obvious kind of way, which I would enjoy. We certainly don't need another Nick or another guy getting too close, even in a matey kind of way. Potential subtext :p

I will be sad to see Warrick go as well, but maybe they will get to work more cases together after he's gone. I was thinking again about how (in my mind) they could 'out' them on the show and was thinking maybe it might be nice for it to be something quite subtle rather than really dramatic, but still leaving no doubts in the viewers minds (silencing all the anti-love detractors!) a bit like how they first showed GSR properly with the bedroom thing? Thus:

Catherine, Nick and Greg drinking coffee in the break room, end of shift, all very tired. Nick says he's going to head home and hesitates for a moment. Catherine says she's staying and Greg says he has a couple of things to finish. Nick is really tired and not thinking straight (pun not intended) and reaches out, touches Greg's hair and says something like:

"I'll see you at home."

Leaves the room, Catherine smiles into her coffee. Greg looks delighted.

**Roll credits**

Ok, I'm in a creative mood, clearly, have posted chapter 3 of my fic just now and I do believe it is going to end me. :lol:

Nat x

14. my_last_chance

^-^ Hmm, and I was convinced they were going to kill off poor Warrick. Well, as CM has mentioned, she doesn't like to kill off her characters. But if Warrick had died, then Nick, being Warrick's best friend, would have needed comforting. Greg to the rescue?

^-^ I happen to really like that scenario. I personally don't really care if the boys are outed or not. I would absolutely LOVE it if we had some way of knowing that Greg and Nick are at least dating (some little thing that was obvious in a subtle kind of way). I mean, we already pretty much know that they are interested in each other, it'd be nice if we knew whether or not they were dating at the moment.

15. Greggo_Obsessed

Greggo_Obsessed Hit and Run

I thought Warrick was going to die too. I dunno, Sara didn't so I figured he might. Anywho, the new guy had better not be too much like Nick, cuz that would just be cheap. I wouldn't mind if he caused some jealousy with Nick and Greggo though.

I find it very annoying that all the characters are leaving...Sofia, Sara, Warrick and soon Griss and Cath.

Oh wow one of the episodes I was watching today was awesome. Nick speaking Spanish...wow. And Greggo in a suit! SO CUTE!!! And he thought he looked dorky. And he wanted to help when Sara got a one week suspension. I lovers him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.