Saying Hello again to Star Trek

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Dynamo1, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I totally agree, Geni. But I'm still waiting for a DS9 movie :lol:

3. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

bit worried about this...J.J. Abrams is not as good as he thinks he is. Cloverfield did not live up to its hype, Lost started to lose its charm after season 2...hmmm, he has to be careful, or suffer the rath of trekkies :lol:

isn't John Cho the guy who plays Harold in 'Harold and Kumar' ? that will just make me laugh every time they show him :lol:

4. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I'd LOVE to see a Voyager movie :D Kate so rocked all 7 seasons of it ;)

He is! :lol: Oh dear...I'm going to be laughing too hard to enjoy the movie. :p

5. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I heard Winona Ryder is playing Amanda, Spock's mother. Am I right or was it just a rumor?

Anyway, as much as I would love to see a Voyager movie, I think it just wouldn't happen since the have arrived safely in the Alpha Quadrant. Unless they do a reunion movie but maybe that would just be too much. :lol:

I'm so excited that Karl Urban is playing McCoy. :D

6. Dynamo1

From the interview with the two Spocks (link in post posted yesterday):

Nimoy: And there are wonderful people involved. Winona Ryder as Spock's mother is spectacular

7. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Thanks Dynamo for confirming that Winona Ryder is playing Amanda. :D And Ben Cross as Sarek? I think he's perfect for the part.

Anybody here know when the movie is slated for release?

8. Dynamo1

Since the writers' strike rudely messed with movie and television timetables, the Star Trek movie was pushed back from this Christmas to May of 2009. I am NOT a Vulcan. I can't wait. I am not patient. I am emotional. I am having Trekkie withdrawal symptoms.

From IMDB.com, here are some release dates for this movie:
    Czech Republic, May 7 2009
    Germany, May 7 2009
    Netherlands, May 7 2009
    Russia , May 7 2009
    Australia, May 7 2009
    UK , May 8 2009
    USA , May 8 2009
    Netherlands, May 28 2009
    Brazil, June 12 2009

9. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Thanks for the heads up! It's much appreciated. May 2009? Man, that's so freakin' faaar away! More than a year from now?

Haha, this made me laugh like nobody's business! :lol: I love it! :D

10. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

Agreed!!! :D

I would so love to see a Voyager movie, but as mandy said it just won't happen because they're home and having them stranded again in another quadrant would be lame... I have to say I still think they ended the series too abruptly, they could have done more with them coming back home.

Yesterday I almost watched Star Trek: Nemesis but then I didn't :lol: I have it on tape but only because I wanted to see Kate again :p How funny is it that she's Admiral now but Picard is still a lame Captain :lol: :p If I ware him, I'd be pissed! Not sure if I will watch the new movie.

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ Agh, I'd love a Voyager movie. I mean, TNG were always safe in the Alpha Quadrant (save for the episode where Q introduced them to The Borg) and they had movies. I suppose it depends on the kind of plot that the characters were introduced to. Maybe species 8472 decided afterall to start a war based on their fears of humans and not believing the small group of 8472 that the VOY crew encountered. They have the knowledge to counter-act an attack and then there would still be time for all the diplomatic fun that goes along with Star Trek. :p

lol, maybe it's because Picard doesn't want to be an Admiral. He wants to be active and carry out missions, not sit behind a desk and fiddle with files and pads. And I didn't like Nemesis. :blush: Bwaha.

Anyway, I'm still going to see the new movie; I'm looking forward to it, but I still have to admit, I hate prequels.

12. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^Nemesis was boring. The only reason I liked it was because they had cool ships :)

I think Janeway would enjoy sitting behind the desk for a while to catch up on those 7 years lost. Maybe she'll get bored and take command again? Who knows, aren't Admirals supposed to have their own ships too?

As for a Voyager, I'd love to see Species 8472 again, a storyline with them (and possible hello by the Borg) would be fun! :D And I wanna see some of those new technology that Voyager brought back actually implemented in the fleet. I mean, I didn't really like Enterprise, and now the movie is also a blast to the past. What's wrong with the future??

Same here. :p

13. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Just saw the first-look photos. Zachary Quinto bears an uncanny resemblance to Leonard Nimoy as Spock. Freaky! Can't wait for a more extended trailer. The teaser was just that, a teaser.

14. Dynamo1

Possible Delay For 'Star Trek 2'
    Sequel Set For June 2012 Release
    By Henry Hanks, CNN
    Posted: 3:15 pm PDT June 6, 2011Updated: 3:38 pm PDT June 6, 2011

(CNN) -- Director J.J. Abrams' latest film, "Super 8," comes out this Friday, but what about the highly-anticipated sequel to his 2009 take on "Star Trek?" Will it still be released next summer, as planned?

"I'm not so sure, but I know that we're trying," Abrams told CNN on Sunday at the press junket for "Super 8." "We're working on the script and story and doing everything we can to make it well. I would just so much rather make a movie that's worth people's time than make a movie that's on time."

The sequel is currently set for a June 29, 2012 release. Abrams has plenty on his plate, including the upcoming TV shows "Person of Interest" and "Alcatraz," and he reiterated that he wants the next "Star Trek" to be a worthy sequel.

"I'm not inclined to push it. I'm inclined to make a movie that's good and if it works out in that timetable then we'll all be thrilled," he said. "If it doesn't, when the movie comes out it'll be worth the wait."

15. Dynamo1

This Thanksgiving weekend, Syfy network will be running a Star Trek movie marathon. All times shown are Eastern. Check local listings for your area.

Sat, Nov 30
    11:00 am – Star Trek III The Search for Spock (1984)
    1:30 pm – Star Trek IV he Voyage Home (1986)
    4:00 pm – Star Trek First Contact (1996)
    6:30 pm – Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country (1991)
    9:00 pm – Star Trek Generations (1994)
    11:30 pm – Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan (1982)

Sun, Dec 1
    2:00 pm – Star Trek Generations (1994)

And for fans of Karl Urban (the new Leonard McCoy), he is the star of the new Fox series "Almost Human".