Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Gaelen, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

What happened to being angry with Danny? :lol: Or at least pretending anyway...

I have too many fonts to even know what each one looks like, but Miss Austen has a special place in my heart :lol:

I don't think Lindsay would forgive him that easily, but since we don't get much screen time anyway, I don't think the writers are going to span out the awkwardness. I could see them perhaps having a heated talk in 418, where all that needs to be said is said, and if say they decide to start over, they specifically state that they're going to start over - the whole sh'bang, and my guess would be that they might fast forward until DL are "fine" again, or at least, more fine than before. Who knows, because even if they decide to start over, it's going to take a while before they get back into their usual groove (or maybe not, maybe they're really good at getting their mojo back :lol: ).

But in any case, I don't think Danmy's going to be getting into Lindsay's pants anytime soon - he needs to prove to her that it's not just sex that he wants, but her, as a whole :) Aww...Danny saying the L word wouldn't be that bad either...even though I'm not holding my breath over it - yet. :lol:

2. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

I dunno, emotional Danny is something we've spoken of repeatedly. It was really only Linds that was reluctant to share. Well she's had enough and she's went all out now. So if SMM wants her back - and he sooo checked her ass out then I think telling MM he loves her isn't gonna be so hard. Maybe a bit nervous when he first says it. Afterwards, he probably won't stop. :D

And yes, I think they're mojo will be back a lot sooner than expected. So nana all you DL haters! x

3. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

As much as I would LOVE to see Danny tell Lindsay that he loves her, I just don't see him doing it on air...(heh...having an Office moment...)

I would love to reap the benefits of seeing what happens post-major-repair of the relationship if anything!

*getting slightly woozy from the scotch and vodka*

4. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I'd love for him to say it...you know I would :) But yeah who knows...he'll probably be nervous saying it because he's been pretending he isn't (cos he's scared of scarin' her away ;)) so finally saying it would be a moment of love for our ship.

Oooh, but what if Linds doesn't believe him and thinks it's just some kind of plan so he can get everything he wants? Angst! (oh dear...I hope I'm not addicted :eek:) Naw, Linds would probably be shocked, and confused and Danny'll inch closer and by then she'll know he's telling the truth and they'll both be all happy and smoochy :lol:

I think I'm already drunk! :p

Who knows, maybe we can have an out of office moment :)

And I really can't wait to see how this all works out in the end. I wanna know! :scream:

5. eveninstarz14

Patience, dude, patience! :thumbsup: This kind of deep and painful angst can only mean one thing, a very VERY satisfying fluffy ending that we could only dream of! We might not get that fluffy answer this season but when it comes we shall rejoice and be glad! (Or a very angry San Diego girl will take her surfboard and whack the heads of the writers...:scream:)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  6. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

7. Little_Peaches

Oooohhhh, a surfboard! Well that makes an interesting weapon choice *adds it to the list of pitchforks, tanks and burning torches - they're not just for decoration peeps!*

Liffy, I totally think we're gonna overtake. And it's not gonna be long at all my friend! Just look and see. ;)

I don't think Linds would see 'I love you' as a reason to get some. Cause let's face it he's already shown he doesn't find it hard with the ladies now does he :rolleyes: I think if it crossed her mind it would only be for a split second. She's hurting but as she's shown she's not some naive little girl.
    Now, how do we get the gutterism going again? :devil:

8. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Yeah, Mr. Mojo Rising :cool:...Although I hate the current situation, to me it would be quite unbelievable to have them ffw to a point were they are even more intimate than they were in SD, but *shrugs* I wouldn't put it past them either :rolleyes:...But Lindsay better keep her knickers on until HE knows what he wants and can convince her - maybe by using the L-word..:)

Probably drunk on angst...it is addictive...:evil:

That's true...and although we all had high hopes and wanted really hard to believe that there was something more, the actual facts (yeah, yeah I know, here she goes again :rolleyes: :p) only showed Lindsay hinting at what happened between them. And maybe TPTB's intentions were different at the start of this season, the cut scene from Boo! that Bella mentioned could've been them changing their minds and deciding to take a different direction...

Welcome btw:)

9. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Thanks for the welcome, happy to be here. :)

I definitely think they changed their minds and took it in a different direction. I think their intention at the beginning of the season was to be subtle but provide some clarity. They even talked about love and the fact things were good. I honestly believe they want us to think that this is a story of unrequited love and they want to show Danny as the wild boy he was in S1. But, they can't ignore what they did with him in S3. His insanity is temporary, I'm sure of it. It's just a question of how long it takes him to come out of it and whether or not Lindsay will stick with him.

10. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Hi JellyBelly,

[​IMG]

It's been a while since we saw that hasn't it? :p

It's a bit strange really, I mean Danny pursued her yet Lindsay's the one that's showing the deeper feelings. Something just doesn't add up to me. The cut scene from Boo probably was TPTB taking a different direction, and I personally hope it would be to prevent the relationship from appearing too shallow. Who knows, it could very well be they decided to take the relationship even further, throwing them more trials and tribulations so that both their feelings are thrown out into the open.

Although we've had many DL scenes, we've never really had one of Danny telling Lindsay, or us, how he feels so I hope the situation they're in now will solve that problem. Otherwise, I really doubt we would ever have gotten such strong emotions from Lindsay, because it just woundn't fit into the flow of the show. Hopefully in response to that, Danny's going to be thinking a few things through.

Who knows how he feels at this point, but I don't accept that he has no feelings for her. That would just be turning a blind eye.

I didn't like Danny in S1 at all -- and surprise surprise, I don't like what he's doing now either. It does seem like a backstep to his old days once again, because back then, I would've found nothing out of the ordinary for this to happen to him. But they can't deny the fact that Danny asked Lindsay out, that he thinks they've got chemistry together, and that he and Lindsay shared a night together... (which is a scene I have the sudden urge to rewatch).

Hopefully you're right and that the insanity is temporary, and that Lindsay does stick by him. Even though she's said again and again how stupid their relationship (however deep it was) was a mistake, I don't think she means every word. Understandably she regrets it if this is how it's going to end between them, but she still has feelings for him, which is why this is so hard on her. She'll stand by him, if at the very least, because she doesn't want to lose her best friend.

I really hope they don't put too much emphasis on DL and more relationship drama in the future. I mean, I'd love to see them fight over a case or something but not a storyline that's so soap-opera-ish. FFW the time would mean less scenes dedicated to DL, and I wouldn't mind the bantering and all, but it's still going to be DL heavy and that shouldn't be the direction the show goes.

I want the cases to be more interesting, and little bits of DL on the side. The romance shouldn't be the focal point of the show.

At the very least, Lindsay's going to have images of Danny and another woman in her head. She is definitely not taking her clothes off for him anytime soon. And if I were Danny, I wouldn't plan on trying either. Right now he needs to build that trust back and that should be his main priority if he wants her back.

Darn angst! :scream: Fluff ME! :D

Oh yeah, we rock, I know, because we are lurve ;) And speaking of that, DL are so going to find their mojo again :p Haha!

A surfboard would hurt, granted the right force is applied. ;)

11. Little_Peaches

My flufftastic mind is saying that the subtleness in Season 4 was initially (note the use of this word) was due to them thinking - hey this is a crime show, why not tame down on the DL stuff cos we sealed the deal for them in SD so they don't need to wonder any more. That and they had a lot going on with the whole 333 thing :rolleyes:
    Then they went down the whole, while we're on Strike let's think of some nastiness to induce severe angst so we can bring DL back to the foreground.

Though in reality we'd all have been pretty happy with subtle kisses here & there, referral to whose turn it is to cook than all this. :rolleyes:

Let's just get on with it.....

12. eveninstarz14

Well, I am glad to see that my surfboard idea is a hit (hehehe) I wish I had it with me up here in Washington to release my anger about this situation!

PS. Not to sound like an idiot but what is FFW?

13. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Haha, yeah, I'm just annoyed that the darn episodes are taking so long to air! I'm severly impatient. :lol:
    I don't think this was a consequence of the strike. I think they've planned this, and I really hope they did, because this is a complicated, delicate and intricate storyline that's easily ruined. I hope they thought LONG and HARD before they went along with it.

Hmm...yeah, I hope 418 will bring answers for all the unanswered questions we all have. Personally, I hope by then the "talk" has already taken place because I don't think I can handle any more guessing games with TPTB. They need to give us clear answers for once.

Of course, I want DL to stay together forever because they're the cutest and most adorkable ship ever, but still, they're good together :)

Fast-forward ;)

14. eveninstarz14

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, though, weren't you saying that you wanted to see the talk? Or am I confusing you with someone else? (I would go search for it but we write A LOT so it would take forever) Personally I think the talk would be great on any other show but this one. Not to say that the show does need to give us some serious answers and very soon! Is it April 30th yet? :lol:

15. mercy

mercy Lab Technician

Wow, things are moving fast in here. I feel like I am in slow motion in comparison, been out of the forums so long.

Lovely thread title! Liff, I love your opening graphic!

I think reading in here has just about got me all caught up on my spoilers to date, and I am really looking forward to seeing whatever may come next for Danny and Lindsay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.