Grade 'DOA For A Day'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 2, 2008.

?

How would you grade DOA For A Day?

1. A+

10 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. A

18 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. A-

17 vote(s)
    25.8%
  4. B+

9 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. B

8 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Good episode. I really enjoyed it :bolian:

~I love Adam. Seriously love the guy. I can't possibly say enough about him. So adorable.
    ~Angell and Flack in kevlar, with big guns. What more needs to be said?
    ~Don't really care either way for Mac's lady friend. I reserve the right to form an opinion of her later :lol:
    ~I found myself rolling my eyes at the 'You forgot my birthday' scene... more than once. It was lame.
    ~Angell and Flack playing dressup was great. Angell as a blonde... interesting look for her.
    ~Suspect X = creepy. Seriously, the lengths she went through to keep her identity a secret.
    ~Running in stilettos. I kept waiting for her to fall and break her neck.
    ~Why was Mac chasing her alone? What happened to everyone else?

And most importantly...
    ~Why did Horatio kill 8(?) people without missing a shot, and it took Mac an entire clip to shoot one person? :rolleyes:

2. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: Brilliant! U made me laugh my make up off!

3. Nick_Wolfe_Danny

Nick_Wolfe_Danny Police Officer

Know i'm just throwing this out there, but when Flack was looking at the war vets, artificial limbs, and he was "supposedly" wondering if he could do it, maybe it has somthing to do with his dad, like maybe his dad lost somthing, now i know that its a stretch but thats the vibe that i got from his looking at him.

I thought the episode was ood, and the flirting between Flack and Angell, you could cut that sexual tension with a knife!!!

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Ditto. Absolutely hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol: And spot on (I'm not net-savvy enough to know what IAWTC stands for. :lol: :eek: )

5. stormymac

stormymac Hit and Run

If I didn't think that the per letter cost would be outrageous, not to mention the words would have to be minuscule to fit, I would nominate this for the LA t-shirt.:lol:

6. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

It'll be even better if underneath the words, there's a picture of nekkid Danny showing off his butt to the world. :devil: :devil: :devil: :lol:

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'm happy the show's back too. I'd probably give the ep a B I think. I can't remember much of what I wanted to say unfortunately (I didn't have time to post last night) but it seemed like a fairly good ep.

CBS 2 ran a story about the war vet here on the news after the show...it's great what he's doing,I think. Did anyone else in Chicago see it?

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I want that shirt.

9. althea

althea Lab Technician

^^ I want that shirt too!

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I agree with this comment (or some variation thereof). ;)

I finally came up with a good description for my feelings about a certain part of the infamous birthday scene--namely, Lindsay's tone during some of the lines. Something about it grated on my nerves overall, but the 'you're so busted' part was the worst. It was like she was scolding a puppy that piddled on the carpet, not a grown man and (presumably?) her boyfriend.

"You're so busted, mister! *waggles finger*" :brickwall:

Oh, and I can't believe none of us have thought to mention this (that I recall--sorry if you did, because I really don't remember. My bad):

I wonder if Flack's reaction to the wounded ex-Navy SEAL has anything to do with the fact that he himself was in an explosion and almost died. His scars aren't so bad, all things considered, and he came away with all of his limbs, but he and Mac both had a connection to that man--Mac's was more of a mental connection while Flack could feel a physical connection to being wounded doing your job...

11. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Okay. I just finished watching the episode. Posts in this thread have already said what I wanted to say (Flackwanna Tapthatticus for the win!), but I'll add the following:

- Adam PWNed the episode. He really did. When things got convoluted, his humor and cuteness kept my attention big time. He should have been made a regular, like, ages ago.

- Flack getting his game on with Angell was cute. You can tell he's interested in her but not that interested yet, and it's the same with Angell towards him. Lenkov has said there'll be more Flack/Angell flirting so I'm curious to see how far TPTB brings it along. :)

- Did I mention Adam PWNed the episode with his funnyness?

- No thoughts on Mac and his possible new love interest. Actually, if I didn't know the spoiler about that, I would have thought they were just friends who knew each other in the past.

- Flack looked his absolute handsome as always. :D I am shocked that I didn't notice any bad ties this time around! Either that or seeing his gorgeous face again after a hiatus made the bad ties disappear.

- Yeah, I have to concur with those who've mentioned Danny's not into Lindsay. I thought the way she spoke to him was really patronizing, like someone would talk to a dog. :scream: After she said, "You're so busted," Danny's body language literally screamed, "I want out." He wasn't sorry at all that he forgot her birthday. It seems much more like he was sorry he got caught forgetting it. If that scene was what Lenkov referred to as the obvious hint of where DL is headed ... I think it's safe to say that route won't have the sign post saying, "Good."

I must say, though, I thought it was hilarious when Lindsay pointed out that Danny remembered steak sides more than her birthday. Really, Danny, way to rub it in that you forgot and you don't care! :lol: Oh, and yeah, it's canon Flack likes to eat steak at home, just saying. :devil: ;)

- Hawkes? Where'd you go? And where did your Smart Alecness go?!

- And finally, Danny and Flack geeking out over Star Wars was cute too. :) But that video that showed up on the bar screens? Yeah, I laughed at it because it was just so bad.

P.S. FLINGYDING!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  12. AngelTaylor

AngelTaylor Witness

Mac's new love interest is not as bad as I thought she will be, but still, I don't like her... :evil: And you are right about Danny and Lindsay. In general, a good show.:)

13. nikkilou31

nikkilou31 Victim

Has anyone got any caps for this episode??? :)

14. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I'll give it an A.

What I liked:

Mac and Flack in bulletproof vests at the warehouse where the secretary girl's body was. Yummy.:devil:

The Mac/Sid scene. I love when Mac shows off his military knowledge when he talks about the knife(which we got a lot of in this ep, we also got it when he told Adam how soldiers sometimes keep bits of shrapnel from their wounds to remind them of what almost happened, and in his interaction with the young ex Navy SEAL) and seeing Sid teasing him about it was fun. It reminded me of HTYMA when Mac said something like Sid couldn't drag him anywhere.

The scene with Mac, Flack and Russ McHenry the ex Navy SEAL. I liked both Mac and Flack's interaction with Russ. Like someone on here said, I think both conencted with Russ, Mac because of his military background and Flack 'cause of his injuries. I liked that when Russ told Flack not to pity him, Flack said he didn't, he was just trying to work out if he did it. Flack's a guy who tends to be very direct with people, if he thinks they might be guilty, he'll tell them in no uncertain terms, and I liked that he treated Russ the same as anyone else.

Adam! He literally lit up the screen with every scene he was in and made me smile. It was fantastic to see him getting out of the lab and showing off his computer skills to Mac and helping in a big way to solve the case by using those skills. I think my absolute fave scene was when he said the killer was brilliant and Mac gave him a look like this :wtf: and he went from geeking out to really serious saying she was evil. AJ was AMAZING in that scene, and it showed he really is a talented actor. I demand more Adam scenes. I LOVE the chemistry between Mac and Adam, and it was so great seeing them together again. Also, Adam looked HOT in that checked shirt open over the white tee. Mmmmhmmm, me likey.:devil:

The light banter between Mac and Flack in the park when Flack asked how he knew Jordan. I liked how Flack gently teased Mac saying 'Gracie Mansion' in a sort of teasing-impressed way and something about Mac helping old ladies across the street or something. It was a nice light moment between them, and showed their friendship. Mac and Flack have great chemistry.

Mac in sunglasses, mmm, yummy!:drool: Flack looked very cute in the park scene too.

When Lindsay told Stella about the screws in the vic's skull and where they came from, she just got straight to the point. Thank God for that. I would have screamed if she'd done one of her long-winded lead ups to revealing the info.

The killer was excellent. She was good competition for the CSIs and also she was scary. I totally agree that cold female sociopaths can be much scarier than male ones. She was MUCH scarier than Drew. I liked that final conversation between her and Mac - we got to see that she does have a vulnerable, human side. I liked that she stayed anonymous, we never got her name. That adds to her scariness. I also thought she was super cool for being able to run like that in heels.:lol:

Flack flirting with Angell was so cute. I love the chemistry between these two, it's so natural and easy, and Flack's attempts to show off his game are just adorable. His 'You look good in a vest' cracked me up almost as much as Mac's 'I like waterfalls, do you' in SL in Down the Rabbit Hole. :lol:

Loved Flack and Danny geeking out over Star Wars at Club Random. They should definitely get together with Adam for a Star Wars marathon. With beer, chips...and steak.:lol:

I thought the conference call scene was really cool!:cool:

Flack and Angell playing dress up was funny. I didn't like the Marilyn look on Angell, but the park-boy look on Flack was pretty cute. And methinks HE liked Angell's disguise.:devil:

LOVED the Action!Mac scene.:drool::drool: Yes, it was very unlikely that Mac would have been on his own (where did those SWAT and FBI guys go, and also Flack?) but I don't care. I like me some Action!Mac. That leap across the gap was awesome! And yes, Action!Mac scenes are better than Action!H scenes. I liked the final conversation between Mac and Suspect X too.

I like Jordan Gates. I think she and Mac have the beginnings of a really nice chemistry, one that could develop into deeper friendship or into romance. I think their scenes in the ep reflect what Lenkov said about Jordan not definitely becoming a love interest for Mac. For now it seems their just friends with the potential there for something more. The little wave between them in the park was cute, and the hug at the end was sweet. I think Mac definitely cares for and likes her, and am looking forward to seeing where their relationship goes. I liked that Jordan seems to be a confident and independent (loved seeing her order those security guys about) but also has a vulnerable side - she seemed really quite shaken when Mac told her her ex hubby had hired Suspect X to kill her, I felt really sorry for her. Of course, I am also ravingly jealous of her for getting to be in Mac's arms.:evil:

-Overall good continuity from Down the Rabbit Hole.

What I didn't like:

-Not enough Hawkes.

-Not enough Stella.

-The camera in the eye thing was so gross, I hate stuff like that.

-While I like the beginnings of the chemistry between Mac and Jordan, I think it isn't as good as the chemistry between him and Jane Parsons in s1/s2 (or with Peyton in s3). But it is the first ep with them together, so it could develop more. And I am a diehard Mac/Jane shipper. And of course Mac and Peyton were in a very clearly established relationship.

Misc. stuff

-So it looks to me like Danny definitely doesn't see his and Lindsay's relationship the way she does. He wasn't sorry he forgot her birthday, he didn't offer to make up for it. Someone here wrote that they are just two colleagues who had/have sex, and I think that's how Danny sees it.

15. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

C+

I was so excited to see this episode (the expectation in my mind had built up since we haven't seen a new episode in about two months) but I must say I was disappointed that it was such a letdown. I was happy that there was continuity of the Second Life story line.

The Letdown

Stella was so underutilized in this episode. Saw her in the first half but then towards the second half, she just disappeared, perhaps into the abyss. :lol:

As for the Second Life assassin, the actress playing her really couldn't act to save her life. She was so lifeless in the way she delivered her lines. Couldn’t they have found a better actor to do the job?

As much I like Angell, that wig she wore undercover was just too much.

The Saving Grace

The Adam/Mac. For me, the highlight of this pretty weak episode was the Adam/Mac interaction. Adam was adorkable when he was geeking out.

Flack/Danny. I love their scenes together, particularly the one at Ransom. Flack geeking out with the Star Wars reference and Danny understanding what Flack was referring to. :lol:

Flack teasing Mac about how women turn to him for help. The quip about not having old ladies ask him for help to cross the street was typical Flack. Loved that too. Jessalyn Gilsig really was good in her role. What was that about the last scene with Mac offering a shoulder to lean on. He’s such a gentleman.

The Gaffe

Did anyone notice when Mac was engaged in the shootout with the assassin, he was taking cover behind some hollow blocks, one second there were three bullets holes,

three bullet holes

and then the next second, they were gone...

missing three bullet holes.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008