Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. owlki

owlki Witness

Oh, I don't think he didn't say her name on purpose too...

It's just that, when you think about mentioning good actors, her name definitely does NOT pop up in your mind!

I loved AJ interview. He's so sweet and such a fanboy when he's talking about Carmine... Cute...

2. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

It's hard to give a rats ass when you don't understand your character.:rolleyes:

Haha I noticed that in the AJ interview. I also noticed that in the entire interview Anna is the only person who is never really mentioned. Well she was mentioned just once and that was only really in passing :p It even seems he speaks higher of Bess Wohl than Anna. Ouch. :lol:. I too don't think he did it on purpose but I like to pretend it was a subconscious thing :p

And for the record I think Anna is more than just a one faced actor. Not everyone can master lifeless fish eyes.
    [​IMG]

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I read in another thread that the next issue of the CSI magazine (evidently due out in the US on March 11) will have an article on Lindsay/Anna, and the title is . . . wait for it . . . wait for it . . .

"Mighty Montana" :rolleyes: :confused: :lol:

I have no idea what's in the article, but that title just screams yet another attempt to convince everyone (themselves?) what a great character she is. But by calling her "Montana" instead of "Lindsay," they might as well title the article "Danny's ZOMG! Girlfriend."
    :rolleyes:

Hopefully, if Anna is interviewed or quoted in the article she'll at least attempt to pretend she gives a rat's ass about Lindsay and acting. :lol:

If she doesn't, maybe that'll give TPTB the wake-up call they so desperately need and they'll reevaluate Lindsay and Anna and cut their losses. :)

Yeah, I know it won't, but a girl can dream. ;)

4. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

^^ rofl. Ah yes, that completely ambiguous expression too

Frustrated Lindsay...
    [​IMG]

Confused Lindsay
    [​IMG]

Digging up old and painful memories Lindsay...
    [​IMG]

She's like trying to read a blank page sometimes.. *sigh*

On an unrelated note:

WhosLaughingNow I just wanted to say I love your icon. ^_^ Are you just a huge fan of the show or are you in it? A friend of mine is in the cast for this second run of it in To.

5. WhosLaughingNow

What makes you think that Anna can even pretend to do that she can barely act on screen :lol:. But really though, I would not be surprised if in the interview when it came to talking about Lindsay all she talked about how she was the girl from Montana, who's friends are all dead, and who bumping uglies with Danny. From the few interviews that she has done that really all she has ever mentioned. I'm also guessing that's all she talks about because that's as far into Lindsay's character she clearly understands.

As for Anna's face in pretty much every scene. I just want to put them all into like a photo album and send it to TPTB with a post it note that reads:

Dear PTB,

Really?

roximonoxide thanks :D I'm a huge fan of anything Evil Dead including the musical. I was actually going to try and get an audition but I completely forgot until 2 days after resumes and such were due, which kindda sucks. But I have seen the last and current TO run and am seeing it again soon. I have no clue who your friend is but tell him/her that he/she did a great job :)

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

That collection of Lindsay's blank expressions (and dead fish eyes) is priceless. :lol:

I've got to say, for me she's kind of settled into being a non-entity. I found her offensive to watch last season, but now that the writers aren't giving her any emotional scenes, she's just background--just kind of a talking head giving science stats. Could the show do better? Oh hell yeah. But she no longer horrifies and repulses with her bad performances. She's just kind of...there. With dead fish eyes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. Cherry_Cahill78

Cherry_Cahill78 Victim

awww come on. Is Lindsay that bad? If Lindsay weren't there then poor Messer would be really lonely. Maybe the writers will give her some personality for the new season.
    (ducking from things being thrown at her) :(

8. WhosLaughingNow

The way I look at it is if Lindsay had never shown up (or any new girl for that matter) It probably would have meant that Aiden would have still been there. Therefor Danny would have been fine :p... he also has Flack either way.

9. Cherry_Cahill78

Cherry_Cahill78 Victim

Okay WLN so you are saying that Linday is sort of a cold fish? And just not there? I might have to agree there. But that's the writers though no? Oh well. They should put me on the show. I would certainly not just be a warm body who's sort of there. LOL

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Danny mentioned girlfriend(s) in season 1, and he had at least one girlfriend during season 2, so I'm quite sure Danny would find a way to manage without Lindsay--Danny needing a girlfriend is hardly reason enough for a main character to exist.

Lindsay Monroe is a combination of writing and acting, so part of the blame goes to the writers and part to the actress. Neither one can escape some of the responsibility for who Lindsay is (or isn't).

Pretty much for me as well. Does this mean we've moved into the 'acceptance' stage of dealing with an aggravating character? :lol:

11. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Okay, I'm late on this probablt but has anybody read the new CSI mag? The one about AB not really sure about the status of DL? LOL.

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yeah, I read the interview with Anna this week. I did agree with her that it was bizarre that Lindsay went from chasing after Danny to standing him up--that is a misstep on the part of the writers.

It's funny to me--so many people bring Danny into it when they come to defend Lindsay. If that's all the merit there is to her character, Lindsay should be chucked and a guest star or recurring character who can act should be brought in to romance Danny. Not to mention someone who has actual chemistry with Carmine. ;)

Lindsay's mostly a glorified lab tech this season and therefore not as offensive as she was in the second half of season two and in all of season three, but I think those seasons proved Danny couldn't sell her to the audience (or at least not all of the audience ;) ). It might be time to look elsewhere to develop her. And while she's more tolerable...there are still two whole threads (soon to be a third I suspect as this thread is on its last page) devoted to wanting her off the show.

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I read the interview too, and I found that bizarre as well. I also found it bizarre that AB said she went to the writers to ask about Lindsay's motivation for the change in behavior and all she got as an answer was "Oh, you know, it's drama. We've got to make it bumpy." :wtf:

I'm not accusing AB of making that up, but it just doesn't jibe with what other actors have said about the writers talking with them about their characters. Either the writers have absolutely no clue who the hell Lindsay is, or don't give a crap about who Lindsay is beyond Danny, or AB doesn't understand what the writers are going for or . . . something. That answer just doesn't make sense to me. :confused:

In the CSI Magazine interview AB actually talked about what she thinks of Lindsay and how she goes about portraying Lindsay. She might as well have just babbled about nothing, though, because her acting is so limited that none of it comes across on screen. AB can expound on who Lindsay is and why she behaves the way she does until she's blue in the face. It doesn't make an ounce of difference if the acting doesn't convey it convincingly.

*coughcough*Rikkie Sandoval/Jaqueline Pinol*coughcough* :p

Seriously, that's one thing I keep coming back to. Some people who like her and want her character developed more want the development, at least in part, so they can see Danny's reaction to it. That's supposed show her worth as a main character? Really? :rolleyes:

She's definitely not psycho, emo girl or Ms. I Get Off On Jerking Danny Around this season; but she's still managed to bug the hell out of me.

And when you said this in the Anna/Lindsay thread:
    a response was Lindsay/Anna wouldn't be able to handle that. If people who like her think it's beyond the character/actress to get involved in/care about doing her job, then she has no business on the show.

14. privatename

privatename Rookie

That caught my eye as well. It does seem like even Lindsay's supporters notice her lack in many areas of her character. And they are entitled to feel like she deserves more chances to prove herself or improve herself, but personally I do not want her to get a very heavy or big story line since I really don't think the actress can handle big emotional scenes. Furthermore, I feel like if she hasn't been able to prove her abilities by this point, then she doesn't deserve to get the airtime that such a storyline would require. There are other more deserving characters and actors on the show who could knock a great storyline out of the park.

15. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Is Lindsey that bad? YES.

Would Danny be lonely? -- Why would he be lonely.

I find it amusing that even in that post, it pointed out the one and only reason why Lindsey is inserted into the cast list.... to "be with" Danny. Other than that, she's a nobody.

The writers giving her "some" personality next season will be too late. By then, she's part of the cast for three-four years.... she SHOULD have had MAJOR stories under her belt by then, even subtle hints of it. Like with Adam, we don't have him as the center of episodes (unlike Danny) but we somehow know stuff about him -- his bully dad, Suicide Girl connection, etc.

They tried to give Lindsey a story with that Katum case but even that fell flat. It was like sending us one HUGE package at once instead of introducing her story bit by bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.