Supernatural

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by draig_goch, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ C'mon Baba, don't opt out on us now. :p

And yup, George has the same B-Day as Jensen! :D

Good news: I heard through the grapevine that the CW is taking Reaper off Supernatural's timeslot afterall. Apparently Supernatural will continue its repeats starting April 3rd. :) (I have a feeling it has something to do with Supernatural.tv's campaigns)

I also found a cool little article entitled: 'Supernatural: How A Show Manages To Succeed Despite Its Network'

Here are some snippets:

The article also goes on to explain the show's large online community, which has attributed to the show's cult status and ultimate success. The writer says that she found the show merely by accident and that Supernatural is truly a rare gem. :)

So how did you guys find out about the show? Did you stumble upon it by accident? Were you referred to it by a friend? Did you see a promo and decide to check it out? Or have you been with the show since its inception?

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Nice article! Thanks! I have a friend who basically happened upon the show the same way. She flicked it on one
    night and the one where Sam falls for the werewolf chick was on, and she found herself actually getting all teary-eyed at the end- she'd never even watched the show before. She mentioned the chemistry between the brothers too. Then she went out and bought season 1!

I have actually been watching it since the beginning. I saw the advance commercials before it came out and thought a) Oh, it has Jensen Ackles in it. I MUST check it out; and b) I love supernatural/fantastical type shows, so I'm in.

There was a time when I used to watch CSI and tape Supernatural... and then somehow that pattern flipped! :lol: Now, I can actually miss CSI without worrying too much, but I CANNOT miss Supernatural. Not possible. I can only imagine if it ever happened, I'd curl up in a ball in the corner of my room and sob hysterically! :eek:

:lol:

I am a member of the cult audience, and proud to be one of the enlightened. :D

3. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

I think I've posted here before but not sure.

I found out about the show here on this forum :lol: And Geni helped me get addicted to it which was a good thing actually.

I want to buy the other seasons so I can get to know it better and understand it more when they flashback to other seasons.

I love the show for its quirkiness and Dean for making even the most depressing scene laughable.

4. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

great article thanks for shairng it!!
    for me, i had watched the premiere episode and i liked it, but then i stopped watching it because it was on the same time as veronica mars...i know i suck but its the truth ha. my sister bought the s1 dvd's and me and my mom were bored one night so we decided to watch it, mostly because i liked jensen since he was on dark angel. and we must have watched the whole 1st season in 2 days. after that i was just hooked.
    ^^awesome banner by the way that_girl1

5. Finch

^ That's so cool, Ashley. I wish I had gotten into Supernatural like that. :lol: Nowadays, I love when my family wants to have a mini-marathon with me.

And heh, that_girl1's banner is definitely awesome. :D (I'm trying to get more people hooked and managed to get Heather and Leynette so HA)

I'd heard of the show when it started airing the sneek peeks and promos on Space and thought it would be a good show if I started to watch it. (Like I say with most shows I'll probably never watch, lol) About a year went by and I'd forgotten about the show.

Then one Saturday afternoon I was bored and there was nothing on TV, but Supernatural happened to be on Space. (It was Route 666--not er, the best way to start out watching the show) Needless to say, I didn't think the show was all that and it at least saved me from having to watch Trading Spaces until I fell asleep.

I thought Dean was boring and that Sam reminded me of Jared Padalecki. :lol: Then it hit me that he WAS Padalecki...and probably still is. ;)

But that's going from Route 666, probably the lowest rated episode EVER.

Anyway, a few Saturdays later, I found myself in the same situation once more but this time 'Faith' was on. The show struck my fancy a bit more and I didn't think the show sucked so much, lol. Later, my sister was describing 'Provenance' which she managed to catch sometime in the weeks after and she told me about Dean's situation with the glass crypt and his gun. :lol:

Dean: *smashing glass with gun* ...*looks down* Ugh, come on Dean.

Bwaha, then I needed to give this show a second shot. So like most of the shows I get into, I didn't like it very much at first but got hooked and can't turn back for anything. And then I realized I recognized Jensen from Dark Angel and Smallville. :lol:

I really need to start paying attention to shows or I'll miss the hidden gems out there. I can't believe to this day, that I ever thought the show was boring--'cause IT SO DEFINITELY IS NOT.

6. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Yeah, she kept nagging me to watch Supernatural because it was great show... and talking to Geni on MSN, you see funny little quotes from the show (just look at her signature for an example) and you go 'huh'. (And hey, didn't you turn Lora too?)

So one day I watched an episode, and another episode, and another. I watched two full seasons in one week.

This was back in January, and needless to say, I'm hooked, I have both season's on DVD now (about to pop in a dvd as we speak)

Can you blame me though? Jensen and Jared :drool: Enough Said.

7. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

i try to get as much people to watch the show as i can too. i've managed to get most of my friends here to like it but you know theres always that one that just doesn't want to listen to you no matter what. so needless to say i bought her s1 for her birthday and i'm going to force her to watch it ha.
    as for the thread titles go. i don't have anything nifty to add but i really like 'the heat is on' one

8. Finch

Yes and I also turned carlz31 a.k.a Carly. :) Apparently Supernatural is the shizniz in Australia! I'm trying to get more and more people to watch this bloody show.

Okay, I was reading the synopsis at supernatural.tv and the new episode totally makes fun of Paranormal State/Celebrity Paranormal Project etc. :lol: I can't wait to see it. I was kind of confused by the randomness of the synopsis but I suppose I'll understand the episode better when I see it.

I was just thinking about the season three box set. I suppose there'll be bloopers on them. *iz excited* I'm hoping for another Day In The Life type thing--that was so interesting to watch. I also want to see how they pick the music, it's always so right on with the episode, lol. Example: 'No Exit' when Ellen's in the front seat and Dean turns on the radio and 'Cold as Ice' is playing. :lol:

And I never thought I'd say this but I'm becoming an REO fan. :eek:

9. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

I try to get people into Supernatural as much as I can. I even tried once with someone who decided not to like it, but about 2 months ago she came online with a display picture of Jared and she's now an obsessed Supernatural fan. :wtf:

I would also love to see how they pick the music for the episodes and that would definitely be cool to see. :D

I hope they put the extras on the DVD box here also again like on season 2 :)

10. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

Ugh I want to buy all the seasons of SPN just to see the bloopers and any other nifty things that they have on there. I talk to my friends about Supernatural but they never seem interested. :rolleyes: They just nod and say like "Oh that's cool" and it pisses me off sometimes :p

It would be nice to feel good that I have converted some one into a SPN fan :lol:

11. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

the gag reels are by far my fave things on the extras, i seriously could watch them over and over again and never get tired of laughing. those boys really are hilarious. and i's like to see how they pick the music too, like you all said they have a knack for picking the perfect songs to go along with the stories.

12. HellsBells

For the season 3 DVD, I want bloopers, missing scenes, day in the life, the becoming of the script, the shooting process, commentary on the funnier episodes, How they choose the music (good idea Geni!), something for Bela and Ruby (Maybe title it "The stupid girls that are set out to destroy the boys") and uh... :lol:

Supernatural is the best TV show DVD I've gotten so far. What with the bloopers and extra deleted scenes and extended scenes. The only other cool one I can think of is my Buffy season 1 dvd, because it has the official script for the pilot episode on it. Which is nice for writing scripts.

So I have a random question that has been bugging the HELL out of me lately.

In Season Two, In My Time Of Dying: When John is telling Dean to take care of his brother, and then whispers into Deans ear. Does John actually whisper how Dean might have to kill Sammy, or just whisper total nonsense and Jensen was told (per script) to act shocked, scared, confused, etc. And then Jensen finds out later on at the same time as everyone else what was actually said?

Every writer is different, some allow the characters know what's going on, while others don't, and that scene just nagged at me because I want to know.

13. Cara1090

Cara1090 Dead on Arrival

I just read the article on Buddy tv about whether or not Dean should die and I would have to agree with them that I would like to see die at the end of this season but find a way to bring him back in season 4.

I think a demonic Dean would be really interesting to watch.

14. HellsBells

I think Dean does need to die, only because that's what they've been leading up to for the past year. As much as I'd love to see a Demon!Dean, I'd get tired of it after 2 or 3 episodes (you came back evil, we get it, now go hunt demons dammit). So if they bring him back in an intrestingly way, minus the demon that would be great.

15. Finch

From what I've seen in interviews, a lot of the time, the actors don't know what's going to happen and they just kind of flip through the script to see if the 'answers' have been revealed. (At least that's what Jensen said in a CW Source interview a while back) I tend to think Mr. Morgan was told to just whisper nonsense in his ear and Jensen was told to act all shocked. This way if the actors don't know and the writers don't reveal it, there's no way that it can leak and pretty much ruin a storyline that was to build for half a season/whole season/couple episodes etc.

Cara1090, welcome to the Supernatural thread! :)

Initially, I thought it would be a great idea to have Dean die and then have Sammy find a way to bring him back and then we'd have Evil!Dean all the time struggling with his humanity and such but I have to agree with Happilyhappy. It might get old after a few episodes and really, the whole point of the show is two brothers on a road trip hunting supernatural things. I think if Dean were forever a demon, it would change that dynamic. Though, of course, there would still be that family plot but it would turn into a bit like 'Angel'. Is he evil, is he good, does he have a soul, etc. all the while hunting the very thing that he is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.