Ooops, What a mistake!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Feb 23, 2008.

1. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I have seen on a website (I don't remember which one, but I'll look for it and link it here) a screencap from season 1, when on a computer screen there was a file pulled out for DANIEL Messer. Later on, in season 3, in the Nelly Furtado episode, when Adam scans with that purse thingy Danny's wallet, the social security number and all bank accounts were in the name of DANNY Messer.

ETA: http://pastmyshoulder.com/csiny/img/CSINY_115_371.jpg (this is the screencap with Daniel Messer. In the upper left corner of the picture)

http://www.carmine.fanfilled.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=214&pos=103 and this is the Danny Messer credit cards and social security numbers

2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I think when i've watched that ep i've always thought there's something wrong but I never looked into :D

Also in 'Recycling'....

When they Find the knife there's no blood...
    [​IMG]
    Still no blood...
    [​IMG]
    Magic blood appears...
    [​IMG]
    Magic blood dissapears...
    [​IMG]

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

The first link didn't work for me. Here's the pics for anyone having the same problem.

"Daniel" Messer (look in upper left corner)

[​IMG]

"Danny" Messer

[​IMG]

You'd think it'd be the other way around. The nickname at work and the full name on the SSC, DL, credit cards, etc. Or, you know, the same for both. :rolleyes:

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Yeh is his real name's Daniel, which it propable is, then you'd expect both to be Daniel really... I mean on 'formal' things I put natalie :lol:

5. flackfan_82

flackfan_82 Witness

omg these are hilarious...

there is one mistake from season two that always makes me cringe when I see it... in Grand Murder At Central Station, when Hawkes accompanies the vic in the ambulance to the hospital, and he is starting an IV and the tubing is empty :rolleyes: and they put the ET tube "down" the guys throat to bag him (I'm a nurse, sorry for the technical lingo - also why I noticed this right away, and why it irks me so much)...the tube is not in the vics mouth AT ALL, the paramedic is holding it beside the guys mouth, and the shot is from the same side, showing that the tube is nowhere near the guys mouth...OMG that drives me nuts!!! :mad: All they had to do was change the shot, and it would have looked realistic, but I guess because Hawkes was on the other side, they wanted him in the shot instead of the paramedic...

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Speaking of badly-done medical stuff, didn't Adam handle the needle all wrong when he was taking Stella's blood for the HIV test? (I think he kind of stabbed downward into her arm) And then he was holding the needle in a very unsafe way afterward--someone should have given AJ a few more pointers before they shot that scene. :eek:

7. flackfan_82

flackfan_82 Witness

if i remember he was hangin on to that needle for a long time after he took the sample, waving it around...I give him a little credit coz he's such a cutie...it's a no brainer tho...universal precautions, regardless if she had HIV or not, you do not want to poke yourself with the same needle that you just poked into someone else :rolleyes:

8. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

There was a little confusion about what TARU actually stands for in "The Dove Commission". Mac and Stella both refer to it as Tactical Assistance Response Unit, but the sign outside the building sais TECHNICAL, not tactical. They got it right in "Charge Of This Post" though.

Also, do subtitling errors count?

Both times Danny said "Boom" in "Commuted Sentences", they got it wrong. The first came up as "Wow!", the second as "Oh."

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

:lol:

In season two, 'Zoo York' and 'Young Blood' they reused a close up shot...
    Danny....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lindsay...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Cimponelli

Cimponelli Victim

I know an other... I can't remember to the title of the ep but the story was: 2 young girl had an accident one died immadietly the other was killed in the hospital and at the end it turned out that the girl's own mom killed the girl 'cause police mixed them up (by driving licence) and in this episode in different scenes the girls face was covered with blood or was totally clean... :rolleyes:

11. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

That was 'Heres to you, mrs azrael'... I've never noticed it myself but i'll be watching closly next time ;)

12. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I think that could be explained by Adam not having any medical training, I guess he has a degree in chemistry but have no idea of taking blood samples. It would be different if it was Hawkes or Sid though...

13. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

This thread it right up my alley.. I love to catch these kinds of things.

One mistake I recall was in Oedipus Hex. Danny went to the photoshoot the SuicideGirls were having and took a trash picker for evidence. When Danny checks it for blood at the shoot, there are faint traces of blood on it. But when Hawkes tests the tip of the picker, the blood on the tip is much thicker and clearly visible.

Oh! I think there was another in Heart of Glass, where Danny is kneeling next to the tub and spots a bullet at the bottom. Somewhere in here, he has on a black rubber glove and then it just disappears. Or, something like that.

14. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

In 'Recycling' we see a tub containing Elaine Curtis's stomach contents. The label reads Suspect: Elaine Curtis. Curtis was the VICTIM.

15. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

in the closer,from s2, the victim thats dead in the parking garage's name is gilbert novotny. but when they are reviewing the evidence in the lab, danny calls him george novotny