Your Top 5 Fictional Characters?

Atticus Finch, excellent choice! How could I have forgotten to list him, one of the (IMO) best characters in both literary and cinematic history?!! I was so happy to see that his name came in at #1 on American Film Institute's list of Best Movie Heroes.

I already listed a few of mine, but thought of a few more:

1 & 2: Captain Jack Aubrey and Dr. Stephen Maturin, from author Patrick O'Brien's 20-book "Master & Commander" series. Every time I'm feeling lonely, I open one of those books and revisit cherised old friends!

3. FBI Special Agent Pendergast, from authors Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child's mystery/horror books. (Excellent reads, for anyone who loves a good enthralling mystery with some spine-tingling spookiness thrown in!) :D

4. Bobby Goren, from L&O: Criminal Intent (I love Vincent D'Onofrio's portrayal of Goren!)

5. Dr. Ducky Mallard from NCIS. Who couldn't just adore Ducky? :)

1) Will Turner - What is there not to like about him? He is so dreamy
2) Cartman- Don't know why but he just is
3) Captain Jack Sparrow: He is so funny to watch
4) Bugs Bunny: he's just real cool
5)Garfield: he's cute and very funny

1. Sara Sidle [CSI]- Because she's awesome!
2. McDreamy(Derek)[Greys Anatomy]- Because he's hot and he's a brain surgeon, and I absolutely love his relationship with Meredith
3. Seth Cohen [O.C]- Because he's adorable, and so geeky its hot...
4. Chandler Bing [Friends]- Who doesn't love Chandler?!
5. Jack Malone/Sam Spade[Without A Trace]- I'm Sorry, I couldn't pick just one of them, because I LOVE them Both!!

Great Thread!

I'm going to have to seperate my TV Characters from Movie Characters as my brain is frying too much

TV

1 Joey Tribbiani For Friends NOT Joey. They last couple seasons he made it for me. "May...tember" 'Is Ross short for something like Rossel or Rossterphoer' LMAO]

2 Brian Potter for Phoenix Nights Its a comedy shown here in the UK 5 years back, doubt anyone outside of UK has heard of it but its bloody funny, he's potrayed by the amazing Peter Kay...Legend!

3 Tim Speedle - I'm afraid Tim is in for pure lust purposes, sorry to be so shallow lol, but we all loved Speed so its allowed :lol:

4 David Brent for The Office UK, Ricky Gervais a complete legend, so hilliariously funny.

5 - Hard choice, I want to put a 2nd Friends character in here as the show meant so much to be, I've never become so attached to a show like I did with Friends. I think I'm going to put Chandler, Monica Ross & Rachel as joint 5th, I do love Phoebe aswell but she is my least fave friend

Film Characters

1 Elle Woods from Leagally Blonde 1 & 2 How can you not love Reese Witherspoon in LB? She is feckin' amazing as Elle, I get goosepimples watching her.

2 John McClane from Die Hard I,II & III I loved watching the DH's as a child and they have pride of place in my DVD collection

3 Forrest Gump...thats all I have to say about that. :lol: no seriously it is. :lol:

4 Ariel, The Little Mermaid In my top 5 fave films of all time, I don't care I'm not 8 anymore I could watch it every day.

5 Johnny Castle, Dirty Dancing Again in the chart for swooning purposes but I loved him in DD and again a film I can watch every day.

June_85 said:
2 Brian Potter for Phoenix Nights Its a comedy shown here in the UK 5 years back, doubt anyone outside of UK has heard of it but its bloody funny, he's potrayed by the amazing Peter Kay...Legend!
:lol:

I love Peter Kay! Phoenix Nights was awesome. I loved Max and Paddy as well. Great choice. :)

Tinkerbell said:
June_85 said:
:lol:

I love Peter Kay! Phoenix Nights was awesome. I loved Max and Paddy as well. Great choice. :)

Thanks,

He is fantastic isn't he? I loved Max and Paddy aswell but the Original Phoenix Nights was the best, but in my eyes Peter Kay can do no wrong

1. Jim Brass - CSI LV. Love him, he's one sarky s.o.b!
2. Fox Mulder - X Files - Gorgeous and funny!
3. Richard Chance - Billy Petersen in To Live & Die In LA. One of my fave films.
4. Gil Grissom - No explanation needed, he's a beast ;)
5. Luka Kovac - ER - Sex on Croatian legs.
6. Homer Simpson - Legend. I know I was suppost to only have 5 but sssh, I won't tell anyone if you don't. :p

I used to like Peter Kay when he did stand up cuz i'm a Northern bird lol. I don't like him that much now cuz he's doing music etc. Shoulda kept to his comedy roots IMO. Still, a very funny guy.

Oh I don't think he will ever leave his comedy roots. He is just havin' a bite of every cherry that comes his way. His music is hardly what'd you'd call proper[ music. Its done for the comedy value

He is touring in 2008 from what I here, back to the ole stand up.

I went to see his last tour in 03, I've been a big fan for nearly 10 years. He can't put a foot wrong in my eyes. He doesn't live to far from me, just 3 miles up the road.

i got 5 more lol

1) Bernie Focker- i love the movie and he's just sooooo cool
2) Mr Bean- so goofy funny brilliant love him lol
3) Don Flack- i really like this character is professional and has sarcasim too
4) Tom & Jerry- loved this cartoon both were brill!
5) David Hodges- so funny yet slightly dodgy character lol

Only 5 characters :confused:

Sara Sidle (CSI)
Maggie Doyle (ER)
Doug Ross (ER)
Carol Hathaway (ER)
Addison (without the Shepherd) (GA)

(1) Dr. Robert Chase (House, M.D.)
(2) Dr. Charlie Eppes (Numb3rs)
(3) Dr. Spencer Reid (Criminal Minds)
(4) Stella Bonasera (CSI: NY)
(5) Abby Scuito (NCIS)

ziva david (ncis)
Claudia Brown (Primeval)
charlotte beaumont (all saints)
stevie hall (mcleods daughters)
tony dinozzo (NCIS)

I return with a couple more:

Fred Flintstone - 'WILLLLMMMMAAAA!'
Lucy Ricardo - 'But Ricky, I want to be in the show!'
Stewie Griffin - :)
The Fonz - 'Heyyyy'
Al Bundy - :lol:

1. Dana Scully - My all time fave, her character showed me a strong, scientific female, and also introduced me to forensic science.

2. Forrest Gump - He just makes me feel all warm, love this movie!

3. Dexter - This character is absolutely amazing, it is a crazy inside look at a true psychopath. He is a psychotic killer with a heart.

4. Season 1-5 Gil Grissom. - Another scientist, and he is definatly the most realistic scientific character I have seen on a tv show.

5. Cartman - Love him or hate him, he represents the racist, ignorant people in our society, who are not afraid of speaking their mind. While people get offended by him and the show, he represents people that do exist in our society. South Park is one of the most intelligent shows on tv.

6. Hannibal Lecter - Yes I know he is based off of a real guy, but the real life case isn't that similar to the movie version. He is another fascinating character. I know, I have a warped mind.

Sara Sidle (CSI).. she's cute, sexy, tough, sweet.. everything

Counselor Deanna Troi (Star Trek TNG) I like her gift to read emotions and I like the way she acts towards people

Dr Temperance Brennan (Bones) Check the Sara reasons..

Colonel Sarah Mackenzie (JAG)Former drunk, damn good lawyer and sexy woman.. she's good.

Lt Commander Jadzia Dax ( Star Trek DS9) I loved her voice and her eyes.. still do.

Back