Your Top 5 Fictional Characters?

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by MiamiDade, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I've got five more, I hope it's alright to post them.

Spongebob Squarepants - Come on, who doesn't Spongebob?

Wooderson (Dazed and Confused) - He loves red heads, I have red hair, even though it came from a bottle :)

Patrick Bateman (American Psycho) - Yeah, I love the Psycho!

Bart Simpson - Eat My Shorts!

Michael Kelso/Steven Hyde (That 70's Show) - They're both really funny :)

2. CalleighWolfe

CalleighWolfe Pathologist

Well I have 5 favorite fictional characters although I can't say which one of them I like the most so I'll just write their names :D

- Garfield :p
    - Stella Bonasera :D
    - Gil Grissom :D
    - Gregory House :p
    - Homer Simpson :p

3. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

1. Horatio Caine - The name says it all. *HOT*

2. Mac Taylor - The way he looks when angry *Sexy*

3. Stewie - from Family Guy

4. Flack (NY) - His blue eyes *Drool* *Drool*

5. Nick (CSI)- his sensitivity

4. KimAZ

KimAZ Prime Suspect

1. Michael Corleone - Awesome character, possibly the greatest fictional character of all time.

2. Sam Spade - Great, cynical, tough, and Bogie played him brillantly.

3. Nick and Nora Charles - Yes that two, but really whats one without the other.

4. Dignam (the Departed) - Seriously I loved this character, and Wahlberg was excellent.

5. Tommy DeVito (Goodfellas) technically fictional, however based on a real person. Either way, Pesci's greatest work.

Honorable Mention from a Novel, Albert Neri from the Godfather, not the biggest character but damn was he interesting.

5. mimic

mimic Hit and Run

1. Edward Scissorhands - I don't know where Tim Burton comes up with this stuff!

2. Mr. Darcy - I may or may not have a thing for him, especially when portrayed by Colin Firth

3.Spock - Mr. Pointy-ears himself!

4. Anne of Green Gables - loved her character as a kid

5. Yoda - speak strangely, he does.

6. Nick_Wolfe_Danny

Nick_Wolfe_Danny Police Officer

1: Don Flackl: I love his height, and eyes, and his New York accent.. possativly dreamy!:)
    2: Dean Winchester: The most wonderful thing that had ever happened to the WORLD :D!! lol
    3: Tony DiNozzo: He's so silly :p
    4: Gregory House: He's such a smart ass.... kinda like me :lol::)
    5: Nick Stokes: I love his accent :rolleyes:

7. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

I cant decide what ones are my favorite so there is no order so i will do it alphebeticly:

Warrick Brown (CSI): He is just so cool 24/7 and those eyes
    Robert Chase (House): Anyone who knows me knows that i love him
    Greg Sanders (CSI): He is such a goof ball and what a looker
    Nick Stokes (CSI): He's the token accent of the group
    John Dorian (Scrubs): Me and him are to much alike, it's creepy.

8. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

I'll probably have a million more later. :D

Horatio Caine (CSI: Miami): I mean it's Horatio here, he rocks.
    Clark Kent (Smallville/Comics): Who doesn't love Superman? And in Smallville he's awesome and sexy.
    Kyle (South Park): My Jewish buddy!
    Speed (CSI: Miami): It's Speed. EVERYONE loves Speed.
    Lois Lane (Smallville): She kicks krypto ass.

9. BurnedToast

BurnedToast Coroner

01. Sara Sidle [CSI] - ( For heavens sake, it's Sara. She's just made of angsty awesomeness. )
    02. Michael Myers [Halloween] - ( Don't even ask me why, fool. )
    03. Greg Sanders [CSI] - ( Most people love Greg, just because he's such a goofball. )
    04. Hannibal Lecter [The HL Series] - ( It's the amazingness that makes him great, dawg. )
    05. Clarice Starling [The HL Series] - ( My Lord, man. She's so incurably stupid and in love sometimes, that you have to love her. )

There are so many other characters that I love to death, but at the moment, this is who I love, so there.

- Andy

10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I have added to his twice and now I have 5 more

1. Lily Ownes, the 14-year-old character from the book The Secret Life of Bees her quest to find her mother leads her to learn she has more mothers than she would know about.

2. Det. Tony Vartann [CSI] He's hot, he's smart, he's got a smart mouth and he's a damn good cop. What more could you want?

3. Lady Heather [CSI] Imagine a character that has only been on the show 3 times can create such a stir. And she has a WHIP.

4. Jack Malone [Without A Trace] I just started watching this show and already I love his character. He's level headed, not easily swaded and always gets the bad guys. I hope there are people like him that are really in the FBI

5. Clark Kent/Superman [Superman Returns] he came back to find he had a family and still manges to save the world. I have always liked the Superman series but I really enjoyed this version.

11. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

1. Linda Seton (Holiday): I absolutely adored Katharine Hepburn's character in this film. Even though she considered herself to be the black sheep of the family I found her to be the most normal & likeable member. I loved her warm & carefree personality & the fact that she was full of life. At times I could identify with her & I loved the way she stuck up for Cary Grant's character of John 'Johnny' Case.

2. Marie 'Slim' Browning (To Have & Have Not): This was easily Lauren Bacall's best role. I loved Slim's sensuality & the fact that she was able to speak her mind without being overly pushy aggressive. She wasn't your typical female wallflower who stood back from all the males. I was drawn to her the second she spoke her first line. I loved how she stood up to Steve, especially when she asked him if he was sore. She even delivered the classic line "You know you don't have to act with me, Steve. You don't have to say anything, and you don't have to do anything. Not a thing. Oh, maybe just whistle. You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow." She's so headstrong & I love that.

3. Sabrina Fairchild (Sabrina): Audrey Hepburn is such a wonderful actress but this is one of her best films. I took a liking to her because she was a character who's real. I mean, she experienced the kind of bittersweet love that we all go through. One of my favourite moments was when she took that cooking class in Paris. I especially liked her towards the end with Linus. Those scenes warmed my heart. I love that they didn't make her into this perfect character.

4. Julie Gills (The Tender Trap): Debbie Reynolds was simply amazing in this film. Here you have this love struck woman who is absolutely taken by this playboy. She adores him even though she knows fully of his lifestyle & who he is. She even made it clear that she wanted marriage & stuck by him, even though he was clearly a commitment phob. Most women would walk away but she stuck by his side. There were two heart-wrenching scenes. One was when the playboy "proposed" to her after a spur of the moment engagement to another woman. Then after that it was when they came across each other at a wedding. The way she looked at him with tears in her eyes broke my heart. Of course like any other romantic comedy you know the ending. Still, I adored her for the fact that she knew what she wanted & what she wanted was love.

5. Frances Stevens (To Catch A Thief): Easily one of Grace Kelly's best films. She set herself as a seductress while trying to lure in John Robbie, a man who she believes pulled off a set of jewelry heists along the French Rivera. Naturally she falls for the man even though she still finds him guilty. It was interesting to see the way she handled him without revealing her true intentions.

12. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Adding some more :D My #1 list is still valid, though.

1. Harry Potter - He's simply my hero

2. Jim Brass (CSI) - I just adore Brass, no special reason

3. Chandler Bing (Friends) - He can always make his friends smile. His jokes are tiring sometimes, he's a sweetheart anyway :)

4. Meredith Grey (Grey's Anatomy) - Weird and depressed, but I adore her

5. Miranda Bailey(Grey's Anatomy) - I love the way she treats other people :lol:

13. KimAZ

KimAZ Prime Suspect

Just have to say...AWESOME characters. Good choices.

A couple others I just thought of...

Captain Renault (Claude Raines in Casablanca)
    Philip Marlowe (Novels; The Big Sleep)
    Atticus Finch (Novel and movie)

14. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Going with five more:
    6. Ira Woodbine (Cybill) – played by Alan Rosenberg [enough said]
    7. Mary Kate Danaher (The Quiet Man) – a fiery redhead who sticks firm to tradition
    8. Shane McCutcheon (The L Word) – just way too cool to describe
    9. Sam Braun (CSI) – powerful mob mogul who had a hidden heart
    10. Clarice Starling (Silence of the lambs)- tough, fearless, intelligent and plays mind games with a cannibal

15. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

1. Gil Grissom (CSI)
    A genius loner, dark, smart, hawt, emotionally impaired, the guy who brought beards back into fashion ... he's my Griss-ly Bear.

2. Gregory House (House)
    My heart goes 'greghouse! greghouse! greghouse!' He's my McCranky. Brilliant, INCREDIBLY sexy, emotionally damaged, has a caustic sense of humor, he's always right and doesn't care what other people think ... also the Shox, the blue eyes and the stubble *of course*

3. Rick Hunter (Hunter)
    Some say he was the "Dirty Harry of the small screen." I really don't know about that. All I know is that when I was 8 or 10 I absolutely looooved him. The show remains one of my favorite cop shows of all time. The car chases, the chemistry with McCall, the humor ... and Fred Dryer.
    Oh yeah, and gotta love the tight Levi's (O-M-G!)

4. Wes Block (played by Clint Eastwood, from the movie Tightrope)
    Because "There's a darkness inside all of us" ...

5. 'Dirty' Harry Callahan (played by Clint Eastwood, from the movie Dirty Harry)
    Because it's a classic, PUNK! Mr Cool, Mr .44 Magnum, who couldn't care less about other people's opinions of him or his methods, he just does what he does, and that's how he gets results. Doesn't take s*** from anyone, not even his bosses, if he wants to tell you to go to hell, he will.