Psych

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by pilgrim, Jul 13, 2006.

1. pilgrim

pilgrim Rookie

Did anyone watch this premier after Monk last week? I thought it was good - some of the lines were very funny. I liked watching a multitude of observations (they glow) turn into usable deductions.

He's like Sherlock Holmes but doesn't want to admit his talent because of his dad (a retired cop who forced him to observe and recall his surroundings). He would prefer to call it psychic ability to see if he can get away with it and make money as a psychic detective. And he has a perfect Dr Watson.

I hope they can keep it up.

2. speedmonkey2

speedmonkey2 Head of the Graveyard Shift

*Gasp* I flippin love this show!

Gus: *breathing like he's in lamize classes*
    Sean: Are you lamize breathing?
    Gus: It helps
    Sean: Well let me know when the contractions are two minutes apart.

That line had me cracking up forever! And in the beginning of this episode when the two patrol officers are going to arrest him and he's like "i'm psychic." and the one detective...forgot his name he's like "Does anybody believe him?" And the two patrol officers raises there hands and so does a prisoner. That scene had me laughing for ever! I love this show!

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

One of the writers for an upcoming episode is Lee Goldberg, who has written for Monk and Diagnosis Murder.

4. pilgrim

pilgrim Rookie

Yes! When I saw the prisoner's hand go up!

and

Gus: How should we introduce ourselves? Don't say Psychic. They'll shut you off. Say something vague like "alternative tactics division".
    Shawn: How 'bout The Bureau of Magic and Spell Casting.

I love Monk and some people are saying this reminds them of it but it's so different to me. Interesting to see if Lee Goldberg will make it Monkish.

5. 915

915 CSI Level One

:D I loved the pilot and can't wait to see the new episode tonight. I think this show has now became one of my favorite shows. Another reason to love Fridays.

6. prokaryote

prokaryote Witness

I just love the character of Shawn :D

7. allieluv_csi

allieluv_csi Lab Technician

wow..i just love this show.i watched the series permier.and i love it..i watched the spelling bee one last night..my favorite lines from that is.

Gus:Do you smell that
    Shawn: i dont smell anything
    Gus: thats because you dont have the super smeller
    Shawn: you have got to stop calling your nose the 'super smeller'

or something along those lines..but since i just started watching it..i love it..its a halirous show that deserves
    an award for its brilliance..and i think James Roday..is so flipping cute...hehe
    love
    allie

8. 915

915 CSI Level One

:) I loved that "Spellinng Bee" episode. I thought the ending was :lol: really funny too. I can't wait until the next episode airs.

9. pilgrim

pilgrim Rookie

Corbin Bernsen from L.A. Law is great as the dad.

I loved the scene at the diner when Shawn tried to pick up the lady cop in the middle of a bust and the way that he talked about Spelling Bees to Gus. A really cute premise - Gus loving spelling bees.

10. allieluv_csi

i love this

GUS:eek:h come on. we are so taking this case
    Shawn:why cant i ever get you this excited about girls...........or mexico

hehe..funny..i love it..i saw the psych out..on usanetwork.com..and i laughed my head off..funniest thing ive ever see...

and btw
    "everyone knew it was an 'i'"

love
    allie

11. speedmonkey2

speedmonkey2 Head of the Graveyard Shift

"Why can't I get you this excited about girl...or mexico." Oh man that cracked me up.

I liked Friday's episode when he was pretending to be possed and threw himself down the stairs. Hilarious. And he was like like "banana...onion." That part cracked me up to. And at the end where Gus was chasing him around cracked me up. I just love this show! But what happend to shawn's dress shirts? Like...seriously that green/gray/stripped thinger was just weird. But that's my opinion.

I liked the part where Gus and Shawn were at the Spelling B and gus was like "do you know any of these words?" and Shawn was like "No. I add these words to the list of not knowing them. These are the words that I say." and then he says something and then he's like "Or to get out of bed." But when they ran him off the road I nearly had a heartattack! I can't wait for Friday!

12. allieluv_csi

oh yeah when he got ran off the road i scream 'what the @$#%' really loud..and i got in trouble..

13. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

NBC GETTING 'PSYCHED'

<snips>

NBC looks to "psych" up viewers on hot August Monday nights by featuring one of this summer's biggest cable hits with two re-broadcasts of USA Network's new hit series, "Psych" on Monday, August 7 and Monday, August 14 (both 8-9 p.m. ET).

Debuting as the highest-rated new scripted series on basic cable this year, "Psych" premiered with a 90-minute pilot on USA Network July 7, and will continue airing original one-hour episodes for the remainder of the season (10-11 p.m. ET).

14. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

i just watched this show last week, friday i think it was. and it was hella funny i highly enojoy it, and as a plus it has dule hill and i didn't know he was on a new show already.

15. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Thanks for the information Destiny :D That's great news! I don't get the USA channel so it's great to see that the show has become slightly popular enough to be on NBC. :p

Of course I have seen the show though, I have my sources...But nontheless, it's great to hear that they'll be airing Psych on NBC! It's well-deserved for a great show. :)