CSI: Cyber Season 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Cyber' started by Faylinn, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I want to be optimistic about the show's future, at least for now. With football impacting ratings, it's hard to know how many people are really watching, vs how many will just wait to watch it online later. The ratings aren't great, especially for the last episode that aired at nearly 11pm ET, but can we really compare those ratings to something that airs on time in a better slot? IDK, we'll have to wait and see, especially when there are no more football delays.

I'm still sad that they renewed Cyber only to banish it to this timeslot... :(

2. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Last episode had 0.8 and 6.70 and was again dealyed 34 minutes I saw. In my opinion Elementary should be on Cyber's place.

3. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Nope, don't do that; keep Elementary where it is--when the Thursday football business is over, it will be back (November 5th). The only time it ran on a Sunday was after a Super Bowl game. Came on time here; no football games ran here on CBS yesterday (Chicago/Central time).

4. Rena

Rena Rookie

Seriously, many people watch shows online these days. I do not know much about ratings nor do I care, but IMO Cyber is getting better and better. So far the season has been great, with interesting and thrilling stories in each episode. I think there is a lot of potential to work with for future seasons.

5. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

Elementary is a serious drain on Thursday's ratings. CBS would be wise to try a drama that could take serious advantage of the comedies' demo ratings. Either Rush Hour or Limitless would be a perfect option for the timeslot.

I agree with the previous poster. Elementary belongs on Sunday where CBS can try and appeal to the older "prestige" demos that it touts for 60 Minutes, Madam Secretary and The Good Wife.

6. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Cyber is where it belongs. It's ratings, or lack there of, on Wednesday nights is what put it on Sunday nights. CBS isn't going to waste a prime spot like Thursday night on it.

Besides, "Madam Secretary", "The Good Wife", "CSI: Cyber" - all 3 casts lead by what are supposed to be very strong leading ladies. Why not group them together on the same night where they should be appealing to the same audience and where it could / should raise the ratings for all 3 of them..

ragincajun, "Limitless" is the only new CBS drama to get a full season order (at this point) I don't see it moving from Tuesday nights.

From what CBS has done in the past, in my opinion...
    "CSI: Cyber" will get a cut in their order to something like 17 or 18 episodes (just like "CSI" did last season) and CBS will continue to air it at whatever time football games put it on. If "The Good Wife" goes on break, like it usually does, in December/January CBS will start "Person of Interest" and then move it (where/when ? ) when "The Good Wife" comes back. When "Code Black" ends CBS will put "Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders" on after "Criminal Minds" to try and combine both the "Criminal Minds" fans and the Gary Sinise fans for ratings. (I think CBS is pissed they haven't got a successful "Criminal Minds" spin-off yet!) And "Rush Hour" will get Sunday nights after Cyber is finished.

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I agree, in theory, and I think that was their goal--but I just don't think Cyber really goes with the other two. (I don't watch MS or TGW, so I can't comment on whether or not they go together.) Strong, older female leads are one thing, but the premise of Cyber is too different from the other two to really fit.

Sunday at 10 is just not a great timeslot, especially now when football is messing with the schedule. Cyber is already in a tenuous position as it is, being part of an older-skewing franchise on an older-skewing network with older leads--but trying to appeal to a younger audience by focusing on ~cyber crimes and gadgets. I think they've tried to draw in younger people without alienating older viewers, but instead they failed to really find an audience. So it's already an underperforming series, and to air it in this time period doesn't help at all...

8. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

For me Code Black should stay, it's different. CM: BB I will watch pilot but that's all I think. Sinise for me is still Mac Taylor. CBS should have some series on summer cause I think right now they have 3? Cyber and CM: BB could be better on summer.

9. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

That all depends on if CBS is content on being #2, to "Chicago PD" in that timeslot .
    That's what they're banking on! They want the "Mac Taylor"/"CSI: NY" fans watching it. (Personally I'm not watching even though I am a "Criminal Minds" fan. Didn't even really pay all that much attention to the backdoor pilot last season. "Criminal Minds" has become what "CSI" was to me in it's last few seasons - background noise. :( )
    They only had 3 scripted summer shows last summer ("Under The Dome", "Extant", "Zoo") so 3 next summer ("American Gothic", "BrainDead", "Zoo") is pretty much normal for CBS. Advertisers would be expecting regular season for something named "CSI" or "Criminal Minds".

What CBS needs to do (in my opinion!) to help "CSI: Cyber" is make a decision! Do they want to be "CSI: Cyber" or do they want to be just another "CSI" ? They also need to remember that the younger end of the demographic is probably better versed about cyber crimes than they themselves are (today's 20/30 year old grew up around computers/electronics!).

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  10. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

TEAM CYBER MUST LOCATE A HACKER WHO TAKES CONTROL OF ALL NETWORKED MEDICAL DEVICES AT A DALLAS HOSPITAL AND THREATENS TO KILL PATIENTS IF HIS DEMANDS ARE NOT MET, ON "CSI: CYBER," SUNDAY, NOV. 1

Avery & DB at the hacked hospital

"hack E.R." – When a hacker takes control of all networked medical devices at a hospital in Dallas and threatens to kill one patient every hour if his demands are not met, the Cyber team must find the source and figure out how they accessed an airtight security system, on CSI: CYBER, Sunday, Nov. 1 (10:00 PM-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Serial killer 2.0 when a hacker takes over hospital medical devices & threatens patients @CSICyber 11/1 10pm ET/PT http://bit.ly/1Lnc97h

REGULAR CAST:
    Patricia Arquette (Agent Avery Ryan)
    Ted Danson (D.B. Russell)
    James Van Der Beek (Agent Elijah Mundo)
    Charley Koontz (Agent Daniel Krumitz)
    Shad Moss (Brody Nelson)
    Hayley Kiyoko (Raven Ramirez)

GUEST CAST:
    Lauren Stamile (Dr. Colleen Marks)
    Jessica Tuck (Dr. Giana Luca)
    Marcus Giamatti (Artie Sneed)
    Nathan Pelle (Thomas Knight)
    Alisha Boe (Grace Clarke)
    Huntington Daly (Crash Team Nurse)
    Shaan Sharma (Doctor #2)
    Mark Atteberry (Male Doctor)
    Andrew Lukich (Mike Mullen)
    Natisha Anderson (Nurse #1)
    Katie Roberts (Nurse #2)
    Lucas Kwan Peterson (Young Male Nurse)
    Craig Rhodes (Security Guard)
    Nancy De Mayo (FBI Agent)
    Colleen Foy (Paramedic)

WRITTEN BY: Michael Brandon Guercio
    DIRECTED BY: Eriq LaSalle

11. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Here is many questions. First and main I think - it should be title CSI? In my country people very love CSI (all three) but with Cyber is this problem that series is a little too far from CSI. It play as different series with only "CSI" in title. I agree that in this season cases are more interesting but it's probably not enough. Check this that right now everything in tv changed. When show have 15 milions is great, if have 3.5 and up in 18-49 is great. 10 years ago? Grey's with 25 mln, CSI with 25 mln or more, House and many others shows including American Idol. I remember (cause I write master thesis about The X Factor) how huge numbers producers and Cowell wanted. Show is great but television changed. CBS to be honest don't have big numbers in 18-49 with series and start have 10 mln as max (NCIS is one with up than 15). But Cyber can end after this season or CBS will be desperate to put in schedule cause of stupid reasons. Writers maybe should working with some cases from other CSI? Miami have open cases and they could use this and create something, they can use different show? Maybe original NCIS? If astronomical crossover between Bones and Sleppy Hallow worked (I heard) CBS should try this.

12. kris44

kris44 Witness

It's a pity I can't watch this show in my country. We always have to wait a few years.

13. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Press realease for 02x08 sounds that it could be a more than one episode case. I hope it will.

14. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

AVERY AND HER TEAM ATTEMPT TO TRACK DOWN A HACKER WHO IS CYBER-JACKING VEHICLES AND USING THEM AS REMOTE-CONTROLLED CARS TO CAUSE DEADLY CRASHES, ON "CSI: CYBER," SUNDAY, NOV. 8

Carmen Lopez meets Avery & Elijah in her short-shorts!

Jessica Szohr Guest Stars as Carmen Lopez, a Street Racer

"Gone in 6 Seconds" – When a man is killed by a driverless car while drag racing with street racer Carmen Lopez (Jessica Szohr), Avery and her team must hunt down the hacker who is cyber-jacking vehicles and using them as remote-controlled cars to cause deadly crashes, on CSI: CYBER, Sunday, Nov. 8 (10:30-11:30 PM, ET/10:00-11:00 PM, PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Avery & team hunt 4 a hacker who is cyber-jacking cars and causing deadly crashes. @CSICyber 11/8 10:30 ET/10PT #CBS http://bit.ly/1KBykoE

REGULAR CAST:
    Patricia Arquette (Agent Avery Ryan)
    Ted Danson (D.B. Russell)
    James Van Der Beek (Agent Elijah Mundo)
    Charley Koontz (Agent Daniel Krumitz)
    Shad Moss (Brody Nelson)
    Hayley Kiyoko (Raven Ramirez)

GUEST CAST:
    Jessica Szohr (Carmen Lopez)
    Marcus Giamatti (Artie Sneed)
    Carl Donelson (Paul Martinez)
    Joseph Kibler (Kevin Cane)
    Sean Blakemore (Director Silver)
    Ryan Surratt (Steven Fuller)
    Clint Carmichael (Joe Harper)
    Jeff Elam (Car Wash Owner)
    Isaac Johnson (Police Officer #1)
    Jonathan Stanley (Police Officer #2)
    Alexis De LaRosa (Miguel)

WRITTEN BY: Matt Whitney
    DIRECTED BY: Allan Arkush

15. Rena

Rena Rookie

This morning on the radio I heard a report on that special new Barbie doll that can talk to children via WiFi and give pre-programmed answers via Cloud services. The report also said that this doll will not be in stores in Germany any time soon. I thought "I've seen this doll on CSI:Cyber. Hah! What a creepy little toy." ;)