George/Nick: Texan Charm #13

I thought it was great. Nice to see a writer (Devine) who can do an episode that isn't ridiculous or soap-opera-y and that actually remembers previous events from the show!

Great scene. Not too much...not too little...just enough. And perfectly acted, of course. :)

More later once we can discuss without spoilers.

That was a great scene between Nick and DB. We got to see Nick's vulnerable side again, and George showed us some real emotion. The scene before that was great as well - he listened, he made some comments, he understood, and you could tell simply from the way George played that scene.

This is one of the many reason why I will miss Nick.

We are down to the last remaining Nick episodes and he only got about 2 minutes of screen time last night? Seriously???

I hope there was a good reason for the lack of screen time

We are down to the last remaining Nick episodes and he only got about 2 minutes of screen time last night? Seriously???

I hope there was a good reason for the lack of screen time

I wasn't expecting much. He got a lot of screentime in the previous ep. It's been that way on "CSI" almost from the beginning - you get a lot of screentime in one ep the next one is light.

Susan

Nice review of George in "Gutshot Straight". Didn't seem to think much of the rest of the cast tho.

"Gutshot Straight review

The good points...
I've seen some extremely bad movies in just this style. I'm not sure what it is about this genre; perhaps I'm not the target audience, perhaps it's near impossible to make a good shoot-em-up movie, or perhaps they're just money-makers that don't really try that hard. Whatever it is, the crime/action/thriller is not my cup of tea. Two films came to mind when I sat down to watch Gutshot Straight, partially because of the genre and partially because of the actors involved. The first was A Good Man, a Steven Seagal guns-blazer that is among the worst movies you'll ever see. The second was Throwdown, an only slightly better but still horrible mob/law/human-trafficking mess of a movie co-starring Vinnie Jones. Now, both Seagal & Jones have small parts in this film, and that worried me, forcing me to assume I was about to watch something as terrible as I'd ever seen. But thankfully, a surprise was in store in the form of George Eads who, strange as it is to say, saved the day.
But as someone who things this genre is crap, I liked this movie for a completely different reason, and that reason was George Eads. I'd never seen the guy before, though I know he has a following from 14 straight years on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. Coming in, I wasn't expecting him to be the savior of the film, but he definitely was. He took Jack and made him likeable, relatable, everyman. Eads made the character funny & pathetic, but in a way that made him an easy hero to root for despite his many flaws. I wanted Jack to survive & to win, and I haven't been able to say that about many other characters in this genre. Alongside Eads, AnnaLynne McCord was a solid secondary character, sexy & mysterious in a way that at least made your curious if not in love with her. Eads carried the film, bringing humor and believability to a movie that should have been utterly ridiculous.
Rent It. I was surprised that this film was a step above others of its kind. It stayed true to the genre, but smartly relied on one great actor to lift the plot over the normal trash. George Eads brought a lot to the character of Jack, taking the movie on his competent shoulders and forcing it to be better than what it might have been. The video was strong, the audio solid, and the extras many. Watch Gutshot Straight expecting a dirty crime caper and be pleasantly shocked when you also get good acting and a story.

Susan

If he could save a movie for someone who hates the genre then imagine what he could have done for CSI if TPTB had used him the way they should have.Instead they chose to bury him in the background until like last episode if you blinked you missed him.What a crying shame.

If he could save a movie for someone who hates the genre then imagine what he could have done for CSI if TPTB had used him the way they should have.Instead they chose to bury him in the background until like last episode if you blinked you missed him.What a crying shame.

Exactly right!

This is from "Entertainment Tonight" - contains NO spoilers! - Click the link for the video, George starts at 00:55.

'CSI' Cast Makes a Fan's Wish Come True

One of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation's biggest fans, 17-year-old Lindsey Wheeler, had one of her wishes come true when she met her favorite cast members.

"I didn't actually expect to meet anyone from [the cast]," Lindsey told ET. "They just said, 'Don't get your hopes up.'"

Lindsey was pleasantly surprised when she got to meet a few of the stars, including George Eads.

"Everyone's asking, 'Who do you want to see?'" Lindsey said. "I'm like, 'Nick Stokes! Why? Look at him!'"

"I haven't had a fan this excited to see me before," George said of his encounter with Lindsey. "It makes me blush."

The meeting seemed to be a result of good karma for Lindsey who has been a part of making other people's wishes come true in the past.

"When I was younger, for my 7th and 8th birthday, instead of getting presents I asked for money, and we donated it to Make-a-Wish," Lindsey explained. "Now I am getting my own Make-A-Wish, and that is crazy."

CSI has special importance for Lindsey, as she will be studying forensic science in college, so the cast made sure she got some Hollywood forensic training. Watch the video to see Lindsey find out how they check ballistics.

Susan

George does truly seem like the most genuine of the cast members and the most appreciative of his fans. :) But then...we knew that!

Surprised at how much Nick there was in last nights episode compared to last weeks. Still wasn't enough though - there never is. I want a Nickcentric episode or two before he leaves, but I don't think we will get them. I don't even think he will get a proper goodbye - better not just be DB telling everyone Nick resigned.

Not enough Nick last night. Why can't Nick get an episode like that? Sara has had enough Sara centered episodes this season, why can't Nick have one before he leaves??

Surprised at how much Nick there was in last nights episode compared to last weeks. Still wasn't enough though - there never is. I want a Nickcentric episode or two before he leaves, but I don't think we will get them. I don't even think he will get a proper goodbye - better not just be DB telling everyone Nick resigned.
I find myself saying that many scenes with Greg were once the scenes that Nick would have done.He has been slowly replaced by him and I guess they figure this way when he's gone it won't be as noticeable.

Back