"The Twin Paradox" Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Faylinn, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

(Let's get the thread up ahead of time this week, in case anyone wants to discuss the episode. :))

Episode Title: "The Twin Paradox"
    Episode Number: 1506
    Synopsis: "Frustration mounts for the CSI team as another victim surfaces and all evidence points to the Gig Harbor Killer."
    Original Airdate: November 16, 2014

Written By: Christopher Barbour
    Directed By: Phil Conserva

Guest Stars:
    • Larry Mitchell (Officer Mitchell)
    • Mark Valley (Daniel Shaw)
    • Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Paul Winthrop)
    • Tina Huang (I.A. Detective Karen Park)
    • Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Jared Briscoe)
    • Floriana Lima (Keri Torres)
    • Yvette Freeman (Cynthia Hughes)
    • Colleen Flynn (Sister Alice)
    • Anadel Baughn (Dr. Lisa Webb)
    • Elizabeth Ann Roberts (Nurse)
    • Andrea Bogart (Blonde Woman)
    • Phillip Marshall Tyler (I.A. Detective Lionel Ford)
    • Patricia Arquette (Avery Ryan)
    • Rob Nagle (TBD. Mark Turner)

2. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Turned this on after the game, heard the words "Gig Harbor," and turned it right off.

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Smart move.

I found the show boring. It didn't take me long to figure out that Shaw was not one of the good guys.

4. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

They need to end the Gig Harbor soon, and not make it a whole season story line. I'm sick of these serial killer story lines.

5. byline

byline CSI Level One

Yeah, I really don't know why they felt they had to resurrect this back story of D.B.'s. Did they not learn from the Ray/Nate fiasco? I watched it, but like others I was mostly bored. Sad state of affairs. I guess the bright side is this is supposed to be a four-episode arc ... so we've knocked two out of the way.

6. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Good on it being on a 4 episode arc cause it is tiresome. I've a feeling that this is the last year for the show and couldn't they go out on a better note.

7. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

They need to come up with a story line that will bring back Catherine, and maybe get rid
    of either Julie or Morgan. Preferably Morgan.

8. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

What can I say about this episode?
    - Most of us knew Daniel Shaw was involved after the first episode! If he wasn't there would be no reason for the character.
    - I wouldn't be suprised if I was told that the ep was finished being filmed before George got back from his paternity leave and then his parts were filmed.
    - Greg, what the hell is up with your hair? It's looking like it's either a bad combover or an equally bad toupee!
    - I couldn't care less about DB and Finn's "relationship" back in Seattle. (I turned the channel and almost forgot to turn back while they were showing it :alienblush: )
    - is it beyond hope that Finn could possibly become one of the "Gig Harbor Killer's" victims? (Shaw does seem to be in the least partners with him and he and Finn are "close".)

It's been years since I watched "CSI" for a storyline! I watch for Nick - no Nick, no watch.

It's not up to the writers to write a storyline to bring back Catherine. It's up to Marg and does she want to come back. Remember she voluntarily left what is obviously a sinking ship. Does she want to come back and be associated with this?

I still say they'll do an announced final season. It may not be a full season but I think there will be an announced "final season". It can create a lot of publicity for the network and CBS will want that publicity.

On the same note - I also think that there is the possibility that someone else leaves at or by the end of the season. I don't know who but I've just got this feeling that Paul being gone at the end of last season is going to open the floodgates to others leaving.

Susan

9. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I simply do not like the Gig Harbor storyline. It has turned CSI into the DB and Finn show, which is not a good thing. I like DB but not when he and FInn take over the show. Yes, I know they are new and tbtb feel the need to focus on the new characters, but this storyline isn't any good.

10. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Agree with most of the above. You don't go around inventing a backstory for a decade+ age drama. If the show were new, maybe a season or two, and it had real potential, then the backstory deepens the characters and can make for twists and turns. Heck, the certainly did this with CSIM. But not here. Not now.

11. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

I think that if the writers came up with a good storyline for Marg, and she liked it, I think she would come back even if it were for only 1 episode.
    I also wouldn't be surprised if someone else left. I'm surprised that George didn't leave after what Carol Mendelson did to him.