Bring Back Brass

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Cheeky30, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Cheeky30

Cheeky30 Civilian

Just incase the producers ever read these pages Please bring back Jim Brass for season 15 #nobrassnocsi

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  2. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

No Brass no CSI. that’s all.
    If i were TPTB i won’t listen to the fans. They are precious because they turn a TV show into an Icon, a legend; but they represent a minority among millions of viewers who enjoy the show because it’s just entertainment. I’m a Brass addict and i’ll miss him. Well, i’ll miss the series actually. They made their choice and i’ll do mine.

3. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Granted I haven't fully read up on this, I'm sure it was more Paul Guilfoyle's idea than anyone else's... The show is horrendously bad lately, and he's already invested 14 years into the show, I'm surprised he didn't leave earlier, actually.

CSI ended when Grissom left. There's next to no original cast left, and the ones that are are getting their storylines butchered to pieces.

4. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

you’re wrong: he has been kicked off the show. i don’t know anything about the current salaries of a CSI actor, but i remember that when George and Jorja had been fired (2004) they got 100,000 $ per episode. Guilfoyle and Dourdan got the same. I think the salaries have increased during the years...well, i would never throw 3 or 4 millions dollars into the trash can just because the show is horrendously bad. Take a look at the filmographies of all the original cast members and you will find something much more horrendous...we are not talking about “The Gods and Goddesses of The Star System”...

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

It was not Paul's idea. He was informed just a week or so before filming ended that he was not wanted back.

6. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

Instead of getting rid of Paul, tptb's should have gotten rid of Elizabeth Harnois.

7. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

It’s on top of my CSI wish list; since she came, only Danson, Shue and Eads got more screen time. Maybe it’s because they care of our health: too much good and great acting could be hurtful...Three episodes are left till Paul’s goodbye and i wish they give him the (screen) time and the tribute he deserves.

8. JorjaFoxFan

Well then that changes everything. However I still think he's better off to just leave. He was there when CSI was amazing. He doesn't need to stick around and watch it crash and burn anymore. The show is horrendous now. Kick Elizabeth Harnois off, or Elizabeth Shue.

It's just not even the same show anymore, they have aready done a lot of disservice to Brass' original storyline, I'm at least happy they can't touch it anymore.

9. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

why Panting Monna Lisa or Elizabeth Shue? if being kicked off the show is a blessing we should wish it happens to Jorja or George...

10. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Maybe he likes having a stable paycheck?

11. JorjaFoxFan

A paycheck doesn't coincide with the career choices I was referring to. He's been on the show since its inception, I'm sure he'll find a new endeavor if he's in any way desperate..

The original cast is overlooked in the modern series, and barely any of them have the dignity of their original story lines in tact.

12. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

You’re right. It sounds like we were talking about a scullery boy. We don’t worry about his future; we are worried about our future (as viewers), actually.
    Either way, since CSI writings sucked since the very beginning, the ones who made the right choice are those who hadn’t anything to do with the show at all...

13. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

I agree with Cheeky30 and Ren - I haven't been active on these boards lately -- but I haven't watched CSI since Jim Brass left. I tried to watch the show without him -- I gave it a chance but I just couldn't do it. I do own S1-S14 but that's all I'll purchase -- I love Paul Guilfoyle and TPTB are insane for getting rid of him.

14. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

I agree 100%, if CSI is renewed for next season, they need to bring back Brass. Like
    brassfan24 said "TPTB's are INSANE for getting rid of him.
    They also need to go back and start showing the autopsies again. I wonder if they're trying
    to get rid of Dr. Robbins.

15. Lynx

Lynx Victim

I agree. Brass is a great character. Shame to sort him out.

I can accept the current crew but there have been too many changes in the personel in this show. I like DB but I still miss Grissom.