CSI Renewed for season 15

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by blackflag, Mar 13, 2014.

1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

CBS ANNOUNCES RENEWALS FOR 18 PRIMETIME SHOWS FOR NEXT SEASON

Susan

2. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I'm surprised but at the same time pleased. 15 years is a long time for a show to be on. Now lets see who is re-signed :)

3. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Guess they can't cancel it now, with the upcoming spinoff-ripoff-of-Intelligence...[​IMG]

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I still think they should let it die before it's in the trash completely and any worse than it already is.

5. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I'm not shocked. Les Moonves has said that because of CSI has been such a great show for the network, he won't just cancel and that's the end. He say they would give CSI a final season.

So until we hear that, the show will be renewed.

6. stokesmyfire

stokesmyfire Prime Suspect

I have a great episode idea...the team investigates when a home remodeler is found dead. The main suspect is the client who was evicted for not appreciating the designers design. :thumbsup:

Er...wait...that's coming up on another show called Flipping Out!..:guffaw:

7. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

I'm glad for this renewal, I'm a big fan since Day 1, I will be fan until the end.

My prediction CSI will have 16 seasons

8. AleSir19

AleSir19 Hit and Run

CSI would be on air and would be renewed until Ted Danson deal or contract to be D.B finish, you know they dont want to cancel a show like csi when Danson left one or two seasons left.

If i dont remember wrong that deal was for 4 seasons or 5.

9. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

"CSI" has been able to reduce costs (BP & MH leaving, 22 eps instead of 24, they rarely go to Vegas any more) and that has kept the show running at a profit and kept it on the air.

My honest opinion - They're trying to bleed it dry. They want to get every cent they can from the "CSI" franchise before they cancel it. And every network would be doing the same thing if "CSI" was their franchise. :(

Personally, my only reason for watching "CSI" right now is George Eads. The storylines rarely keep me awake any more and I used to love them.

-------------------​

Two years at the start of season 14

I'm sure Ted Danson and everyone else have clauses in their contracts stating what happens for both sides if the show gets cancelled before the contract ends.

Susan

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  10. Jacquie

If you also notice they don't go out on the street a lot anymore either. A lot of scenes are indoors. Cuts down on the cost of closing streets in and around LA.

11. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

Plus, they dramatically cut Paul Guilfoyle's episodes. He used to be in almost every one. Now he misses three or more episodes a season.

12. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

+ Jorja Fox is not in 6-8 episodes...
    + No Lab Rats anymore.
    + Recurring cast is quite nonexistant now (only Ecklie, Mitchell and Crawford)

13. Jacquie

That could be Paul Guilfoyle's request. According to Wikipedia, and yes I know they can't be trusted, Paul lives with his family in New York. He may fly to LA to do a couple of episodes and they fly back to be with family.

14. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

According to an interview Paul did for this site back in 2012: "I’m taking episodes off because it’s a way to save some money on the show, for financial reasons." He then said it works out for him because he and his family live in NYC but he does allude to the business side of it.