"Keep Calm and Carry-On" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Faylinn, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

(There isn't a thread for this episode yet, so I thought I'd start one. :))

A petty crime aboard an inbound plane to Vegas becomes a murder investigation when one of the passengers is found dead.

GUEST CAST:
    Larry Mitchell (Officer Mitchell)
    Jaleel Ahmad White (Kenny Greene)
    Ellen Hollman (Janet Riggins / Helen Morrison)
    Ethan Embry (Jefferson Nalley)
    Joel Grey (Hank Kasserman)
    Corie Vickers (Flight Attendant)
    Anthony Mangano (Male Passenger)
    Matthew Shively (Stoner #1)
    Wyatt Carnel (Stoner #2)
    Todd Cahoon (Allen Morrison)
    Tammy Townsend (Rhonda Briggs)
    Susan Slome (Female Passenger)

DIRECTED BY: Brad Tanenbaum
    WRITTEN BY: Thomas Hoppe

2. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I enjoyed the episode. It was nice to see Jaleel White playing against type.

Loved George/Nick in the episode. I love when he works with Sara - their back and forth banter, loved when he was talking to that kid towards the end, when he got between Doc and the husband, and when he had the husband arrested because he assulated Doc.

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

It was an awesome episode! Finally got one with Nick and Sara up front, and Brass and Doc were ever present too. Felt like old times. George and Jorja worked really well together. Just proves to me again how much I really don't care for Finn or Morgan. And the chat with the guest stars, writers, and George was great fun! Congrats to him and his wife on the upcoming baby! :)

4. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

I'd watch this episode again. I have to remind myself that George/Nick can't look like the Nick Stokes in season 1 forever. I'd like to think that his Castro look was for shooting some film somewhere and that he didn't have time to shave. (Congrats on the new baby, George!) I enjoyed his time here throughout, and thumbs up for having that a-hole arrested for assaulting the good Doc Robbins. I also like his time with Sara, too. Lots of Nick, Sara, Doc, and Jim throughout. This is definitely different from that other episode, Unfriendly Skies, which I would watch again, mainly just to hear Grissom's epic speech about the dead passenger in the end.

Jaleel White's such a treat to watch, I love him in Psych about Gus's a cappella group. And I love the victim's yellow bag. I can't let the nerve of some flight attendant carry my carry on farther from my plane seat, I can do it my damned self. I like the new take on stealing from other passengers on a plane while they sleep. It's beyond the old, tired pickpocketing people from the streets or the trains, so this is something new to me.

A good 9.0 out of 10 episode to me.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  5. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I think my favorite scene was when Nick was messing with the kid in the police station.

I also loved seeing Nick and Sara in the beginning of the episode. Nick picking on Sara's physics background

And congrats to George and Monika on the upcoming arrival. He's going to be an awesome dad.

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I agree. Great episode.

Felt like old school CSI. The 'bantering' between Nick and Sara. The writers actually got how they've always been with each other. :)

I loved all the scenes mentioned here. George tweeted that te scene between him and Sara was ad-libbed a lot. Shows how working together so long and the actors KNOWING their characters, better than these writers do, that the writers should listen to them. ;)

George, also, tweeted that the scene between him and the stone kid was made up a lot too.

Which begs the question, why was George really suspended. Still think it was the argument between him and CM.

It was so nice to see the old crew front and center with this episode. And Morgan barely in it, finally!!!!

And congrats to George and his wife on the little one that is on the way. George will be a great dad. :)

7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I think it was more of to show they are 'protecting' the writer than anything. She could easily cry foul or something and make some stuff up.