"Under A Cloud" Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Dizzney, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

CSI airs on Wednesday 11/6/13 at 10:00pm ET/PT, and one CSI’s career is on the line in “Under a Cloud”:

The CSI team investigates a John Doe found during torrential rains in Vegas. Meanwhile, Greg Sanders is investigated and accused of framing a man for murder seven years ago.

Co-Producer Brad Tanenbaum directed the episode, which marks his twentieth credit for the series; he most recently helmed “Torch Song” earlier this season. Co-Executive Producers Elizabeth Devine and Richard Catalani wrote “Under a Cloud”. Devine has 15 previous writing credits, including “Torch Song”; Catalani has penned 26 previous episodes of CSI, most recently last season’s “CSI on Fire”.

The following guest stars will appear in the episode:

Larry Mitchell as Officer Mitchell
    Scott Connors as John Doe / Arman Agakian
    Mike Moonves as EMT
    Jason Gerhardt as Anthony Hurst
    David Figlioli as Green Poncho
    Lea Thompson as Jennifer Rhodes
    Deidrie Henry as Terri Royce
    Derek Webster as Ben Parker
    Derek Smith as Yancy Langer
    Assaf Cohen as Doctor Lownis
    Shelli Bergh as Nurse Shelley
    Jeffrey D. Stevens as ER Nurse
    Paula Francis as Paula Francis

And from Mega Buzz

2. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Sigh, actually it was Sara did far more in mentoring Greg. She had patience with him, far more than Grissom did. There were even interviews where JF asked if Sara could take Greg under her wing.

3. Frosch

Frosch Witness

Not arguing that Sara wasn’t a good mentor to Greg, although IMO it was Warrick who best mentored Greg (Warrick lecturing Greg on showing up on time and on how to prep his gear and car is one of my favorite moments).

I find it more than appropriate for Greg to mention Grissom as Grissom was a mentor to everyone on the team. Also, if he hadn't given Greg a second chance Greg wouldn't even be a CSI today.

4. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

In "High and Low" (season 3) Grissom admitted to being wrong and Nick commented how people don't usually admit to being wrong and Grissom said "I'm wrong all the time. It's how I get to right." (paraphrasing!) So, YES, question Grissom's skills and question Greg's skills. (question everyone's skills) They're human and humans make mistakes - we're not perfect.

Susan

5. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Pretty good episode :)

I didn't have it figured out who moved the crowbar or who the John Doe was

I think this the first time we've seen the FBI in awhile and the first A and B case. Also I was so glad the cases were and still separate at the end

Everyone in the lab checking on Sara and Greg, that doesn't always seem to happen when after someone was in danger. So it was kinda weird, but a good weird. Makes the characters seem like friends, even family and human.

Glad Greg didn't work the case, I wish they'd do that more often

Also glad he and Finn had some nice scenes. Especially at the end, they haven't had enough scenes

Wendy mention! :) A couple actually!

Is it just me or has DB been sitting on the sidelines in his office a lot lately?

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I actually enjoyed this episode a lot more than I expected. It was nice to have two completely separate cases in this episode. It was nice to have a Wendy and Grissom mention.

Hodges and Henry's scenes were funny. I think this episode had a good mix of stuff.

I was glad the bomb scene itself was not carried out really long. I was afraid it would be after the previews but Sara's case was really more about figuring out who the guy was and why he had the bomb. The outcome was not predictable.

I really liked Finn showing concern about Greg hating her after the investigation since she still harbored feelings against DB for hers that happened years ago. But she doesn't know Greg that well because he is one to get over things fairly well and the end scene was nice in showing that.

I think this was actually one of the more realistic episodes they've had in a while.

7. margarita_salt

margarita_salt Hit and Run

I must have been asleep when they mentioned Wendy and Grissom. What was said? :confused:......

8. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

There isn’t any murder; there isn’t a victim. There is a bomb, and an Armenian guy. Brass says the Key word: terrorism. So, why should the homicide division investigate? isn’t this a FBI matter since the very beginning? what are Sara and Jim doing?
    Greg’s case solution sounds unreal: it’s the first crime scene for the cop and he breaks all the rules. really? My main concern would be: DON’T do anything wrong. but maybe i’m a strange guy. and, btw, what are a CSI and a defense criminalist doing into the interrogation room, WITHOUT a detective? it’s not the first time; but every time he looks so strange to me...which is DB’s role? is he the CSI supervisor or a burocrat? and why couldn’t Morgan get anything without Sara? Last time (Passed Pawns) she didn’t notice anything about the guy’s suit; this time she needs the password. And she wastes her time, till Sara comes and...ok: now Morgan knows what she has to do next time: go and ask Sara!
    since 31:26 till 36:30 we enjoy a Back to the future reunion. boring. btw, they missed a Howard reunion between Thompson and Guilfoyle. maybe both of them forgot that embarrassing episode of their lives.
    About Nick: ok, we’ll get an explaination when he’ll be back. but, wait a minute: how is it possible he is NEVER mentioned by a colleague? a single line would be enough.
    despite that, i still enjoy CSI...

9. Rena

Rena Rookie

I share your points. I was wondering why Greg had to work an entire house solo when Sara and Morgan were together at that hotel room, which is a lot smaller. But that's just details.

They mentioned Grissom and Wendy, but not Nick.

10. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

Does someone know if they plan to bring the new tech back later on ?

I really liked her ^^