George/Nick: Texan Charm #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Jacquie, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I loved that Sam is there, too. I'm still hoping we'll see him this season, but I doubt Nick will get any story lines/episodes so probably not. :(

But I'm still hoping. :) I love Sam. Of course, I'm a dog lover who had a German Shepherd (I so miss my Rogen :( ), so I might be biased. ;) And one when I was little.

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I'm going to start keeping most of my posts in this thread because I'm not really interested in spoilers anymore and even if Nick is in the episode I'm not that vested in them anymore. So since all I care about are his parts in the show, I'll just post here.

That said, tonight CBS and CSI can just suck on the 300th while I watch another network and/or old DVDs of the episodes back when they had GOOD stories and GOOD writers.

The 300th should have been about the original cast including Grissom and Warrick AND Nick. Period. I don't even care if Nick gets a mention or whatever. It's disgusting that he isn't in it.

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I tweeted to the writers (getting sick of their jovial posts :rolleyes:) that I don't care what happened, George should be in the 300th episode (it is a landmark episode and feat that is rare in TV). It is just shameful that he isn't.

It's like they don't consider him or never considered him an integral part of the show.

I was really looking forward to the 300th episode for the interviews, behind the scenes and that the show was going to center around the veterans, but now, nope.

4. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Maybe no one involved in that episode is allowed to mention him. Not even a "miss him" etc....

5. Smokey

They blew it. Plain and simple. But all of the casual fans will watch, no doubt. And I have to admit if it had been a different actor/character that this happened to, I would still watch, so I can't fault them. Doesn't mean I have to celebrate the "milestone" tho.

6. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

So wrong that they didn't mention where Nick was last night.

And that end scene, should have included Nick, not just Greg and Sara, but whatever, I'm just a long time viewer, what do I know.

7. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

When a show has been on the air long enough,there is often turnover and the new writers brought in often forget what made the show so special in the first place.
    I think that is what is happening now.
    More to the point,writers are human just like everyone else and they will often stick together as shown in 07 during the Writer's strike.
    Failing to mention Nick was probably their way of sending a message to him.
    All I'll say is this,sometimes a show can be on the air too long,and IMO,CSI is getting to the point,if it already hasn't passed it.

8. Frybynight

Frybynight Hit and Run

What was really grating was that it appeared the writers went out of their way to ignore Nick.Shunning would be a good word to describe what aired last night.To do that to a faithful employee was petty and mean spirited. The complete lack of support from his so called friends has been shameful.They show more loyalty to the ones who have left then the one who has stuck it out through the good and the bad.His fellow actors happily promoted this episode as if he didn't exist.The bunch of them should feel ashamed but alas their egos won't let them.

9. Smokey

Exactly! Couldn't have said it better!

The good thing is...judging from the comments on the CSI Facebook page, a LOT of people were disappointed in the episode. First they felt mislead about the "Catherine returns to help the team" promotion. And secondly there were a lot of "Where was Nick?" comments.

I think now that he's missed two episodes and people are starting to notice they are speaking up. Just wait until he's missed a third and a fourth and a fifth and a sixth!

Also good is how many new people have joined the "Bring Back George Eads" page in the past two days after finding out what's happened. It is really nice to see all of the support. :)

10. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Tweeted by Shane!!! :eek:

:hugegrin:

Susan

11. Smokey

@GeorgeEadsTV

Bad move on his part in my opinion. Hopefully he never uses it.

12. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

:confused:

13. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Maybe. :( But he pretty much already knows what some people say anyways. If he can ignore them without Twitter he can ignore them with Twitter. So far everyone is being really nice to him - letting him get settled at least. :)

With Eric's account restarted this week I can't help but to wonder if CBS has something to do with it. They're learning how to track TV show names mentioned on Twitter and you may have noticed an upswing in live tweeting during episodes. Everyone seems to be getting one to live tweet back to the fans during episodes. Mike Vogel took over the one from his official website on the day of the season finale of "Under the Dome" to live tweet during the episode. David Paetkau of "Flashpoint" got his while filming the final season of "Flashpoint" to help promote the final season.

Susan

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

After everything that happened, I don't think George would do he live tweeting. Unless contractually they force him to. Then again he may do just for the fans.

15. byline

byline CSI Level One

I think blaming the writers for this is putting the blame in the wrong place. The writers don't have carte blanche over scripts. They are employees, and as such can only write what is approved by their employer ... in this case, the showrunner and/or the network. So if there is a "message" being sent to Eads, then the showrunner and network are the senders; the writers are only doing what their boss allows them to do.
    I felt this was the case in Petersen's last season. I've felt moments of hope since then, but overall the show is greatly diminished from what it once was ... and probably should have been cancelled when Petersen made it clear he was leaving. However, economics (not artistry) are what have kept CSI on the air ever since.