George/Nick: Texan Charm #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Jacquie, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

^THIS!!!

This is so mind boggling, I don't know where to start!! Why don't the creators just go ahead and say that he'll be a main cast member (Matt Davis), and hog the limelight, why else would he supposedly be "filling Nick's absence"?

2. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I take George was not part of the 300th episode celebration?

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Of course not. They are spiteful and hateful and don't know a good thing when they have it. I hope George had a WONDERFUL day off somewhere doing something much more important and meaningful than having cake on the set of a crappy TV show.

4. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

If he really wasn't/isn't there it doesn't really bother me that much. Just like it doesn't bother me a whole lot that he's not in 300. CSI is a mere shadow of what it was back when they reached 100 or even 200. It doesn't feel like it is 300 episodes of CSI with the way the story quality has declined over the recent years (& the way people have been leaving). It feels more like they're trying to celebrate 100 episodes of a new show.

Susan

5. Frybynight

Frybynight Hit and Run

Just seems like rubbing salt in the wound when you make what looks like an announcement that appears to be a replacement the same day you are tweeting all sorts of celebration pictures showing everyone as happy happy.The showrunner is showing how much class she really has and at this point that appears to be none.

6. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I'm not happy happy..I would have liked to have seen George celebrating with everyone else

7. Smokey

Same here, especially since he is one of only a few to have been in nearly every one of those episodes! Not sure exactly how accurate IMDB is, but it lists George as appearing in 297 episodes along with Paul. And gee...one of the episodes he missed was because his father passed away. That's what it took for George to miss an episode. And this is how he's rewarded for his loyalty? Pure BS.

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

LOL, Smokey. And here I thought I was a negative Nancy. :)

Seriously, though. I think I've been through it all with Jorja and GSR and CSI. And I'm tired. Even though Jorja is still on the show, i doubt i will be happy with what they do with her character in light of what has happened on screen. And I'm prepared to move on.

Not knowing what really happened with George, I have to say I admire him for defending his character. Who knows; maybe if Jorja had done the same, we wouldn't have had the GSR train wreck of last season. Sadly, the writers seem intent on recreating the characters we've come to know and love. And in light of what's happened, I would actually be happier if Jorja had left and pursued other projects.

It may be tough now, and seem incredibly unfair, but I think George will be fine.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  9. Smokey

I've had a bad day. :lol: Pictures of cake and happy people don't help either. :scream: I probably won't settle down until we know something for sure about George's departure and whether or not he'll be back. But yes...like you said...it was awesome of him to have the integrity to stand up for his character. :)

10. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

I think this is their way of getting the show cancelled. I agree that at least George's people should tell us what happened, or at least Carol since she sided with the writer.

11. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

I think this is their way of changing the demographics. They are replacing GSR with a younger couple with Morgan and some character yet to be named and replacing George with a younger actor. If you look closely at the various posts from the boards, the only people who are happy that George is being replaced is the younger audience.

The problem with the demographics that they are looking for is that me, close to an old lady, has the money to buy stuff. When I was in their demographic that they are looking for, I was poor and didn't buy anything. Oh well, I won't be seeing any CSI sponsors.

12. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

But it is those long time fans that made CSI popular in the first place. Once Billy and Marg left, and once they started with the poor writing, and focusing more on the new characters, their ratings dropped. Shows with the ratings CSI gets these days get cancelled.

I hope George finds other things to do, because I doubt he will be given anything to do if and when he does come back.

13. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Think of it this way. Look who's upfront in most of those pics. I'm glad he didn't have to be there standing with a fake smile on his face acting happy when he most likely wouldn't be and getting stressed out from the whole situation. Yes he probably misses some of the cast and crew and if he did show notice would have been taken that they were both there and hopefully questions answered. But he most likely is in contact with his friends on the cast & crew. And I've come the the conslusion that we're (fans) the only ones who are desperate for those questions being answered and that we're just going to have to wait until June for those answers if we get them at all.

Susan

14. Smokey

For sure. I mean, I didn't want him to be there now...not this way. I wanted him there as a part of the show and for everything to be fine. :(

And I don't know who was up front everywhere because I'm not looking at the pics. ;) Don't care. Someone on another comment section said I wasn't a "true CSI fan" if all I cared about was George, and I agreed. I'm not a CSI fan. Not anymore. I used to be, but no longer. Ever since WP left, probably, but honestly as much as I hated the Ray crap I did still enjoy the show because Nick and Marg got to be up front more and at least the stories weren't as stupid as they are now.

15. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Instead of watching the blah rerun last night, I watched Swap Meet. What a great episode. It made be miss CSI of old, back when the show and the writing were good. Someone everyone seem to have an equal amount of screen time, except maybe Catherine.

Made me miss Nick and Warrick's friendship.