George/Nick: Texan Charm #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Jacquie, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I really don't know. The only spoiler I've read about that could be it is the
    dangerous or forbidden relationship
    . (Please don't forget to use spoiler tags here!) It reminds me of what they did with the character of Vega...turned him into a murderer. That still ticks me off.

And screw the 300th episode. I'm not watching. I'm not watching anything without George in it.

But really it could have been anything at this point if he's as frustrated as we have been with the writing and the character. That said, whatever the argument was or whatever, if they are the ones who made him take time off then there is no way in hell I'd go back. That's treating him like some newbie actor on the set who shouldn't have stood up for himself and his character, and that is NOT George.

Pissed to no end that they are screwing him out of the ONE episode that looked promising...the 300th with Marg coming back. Those people are asses.

2. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I'm more convinced George taking a "leave of absence" was his decision. If anything his decision to skip such a milestone episode just goes to show how dedicated to his character he is, sort of like an ultimate act of defiance against the writers for the way he's been written.

3. Gloriana

Gloriana Dead on Arrival

Completely agreed that:

1) The detail about the writer being pregnant was a sensationalist tactic, and utterly irrelevant.

2) This is probably about Eads finally getting fed-up with the careless, lazy writing.

I accidentally came upon the story when I was Googling stuff about Season 14, and the first thing I thought was that the writers were probably attempting to pull another horrendous plot out of their backsides and he finally called them on it.

I've always gotten the feeling the actors have probably had to walk on eggshells around the writers, because I got the impression from listening to the DVD commentaries that the writers take themselves way too seriously (especially DLA). There has always seemed to be a certain awkwardness between the writers and actors. Any of you guys get that impression too?

In my head, I just imagine some writer dumped yet another "Disavow all character development from the previous 12 seasons" script in his lap and he finally said "Are you s***ing me with this?". I'm not saying Mendolsohn is some black-hat wearing villain, but I've honestly gotten the impression she is a writer's writer and not an actor's writer, know what I mean? Even if it wasn't her story which got Eads steamed in the first place, it doesn't surprise me she would likely go to bat for the writer over the actor, you know?

4. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

I still say it had to be something major much more than a relationship as they've done the wrong-side-of-the-law (with Nick, Greg and Sara at least) and of course, the co-worker :thumbsup:

So could it possibly have been something like: :devil:
    Making Nick corrupt, kill someone (after not killing McKeen that would blow all our tops), drugy (after kicking Warrick's arse on that!), rape, gay and in a relationship with Ecklie, part-time transvestite (we would have noticed full time), or he is revealed to be Grissom and Marg's secret teenage love child??? :eek:

It does seem the writers have been watching too much daytime soaps - none of the above is impossible for them to suggest.

They ought to watch some like Hannibal, Follow Me, Criminal Minds or better yet the BBC's Luther or Sherlock. Fantastically clever.

But isn't it just so frustrating to not know what it was???? :brickwall:

5. Smokey

Yeah...I just think that after all of the frustration over the past several years built up that it could be a seemingly minor thing that ended up pushing him over the edge.

Or, it might have been a minor thing that he wanted to change and the conversation with the writer or whoever just escalated to a bigger deal than it started out to be.

Who knows? I just hate that it came to this. He's such a good guy, and he's always representing the show at different things, and it's just not right. :(

6. Gloriana

Gloriana Dead on Arrival

Yeah, that list of ideas did not sound at all improbable given the stuff they've done the past few seasons.

The first thing that popped in my head was Sam, wondering if the writers wanted to sacrifice him and Eads was like "You leave Sam ALONE!!!". I don't honestly think that was the case, but I did think it.

I agree that it had to be something really bad, something that would have compromised Nick's character beyond recoup and redemption.

Maybe there will be remnants of it somewhere if they decide to transfer whatever it was to another character, and we can suss it out. If Morgan suddenly beats a homeless person to death with a tire iron because she's angry about one parking ticket too many, that'd probably be it.

7. Smokey

I've got a Facebook support page started, Bring Back George Eads if anyone on FB wants to "like" it. I will keep it updated with any news about George's leave of absence and/or return, but it's also a place for fans to voice their displeasure at what's happened. The link to the page can also be shared on other social media sites, online comment sections, CBS/CSI FB pages, etc. to get the word out and get more supporters. Thanks! :)

8. Smokey

The season hasn't even started yet and I already miss George. :( I think it SUCKS that the rest of the cast is sitting around having a good ol' time filming the 300th episode and he's not there. :scream: And I wish people would stop saying it was his choice to take a leave. That has not been stated officially anywhere. If it was his choice, wouldn't his rep have said that in the statement? Like "George has decided to..." whatever?

Regardless...it's a shame...a damn shame.

9. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

It is a shame he doesn't get to be in the 300th episode. Regardless of what happened, it is a milestone episode, and since he has been there since day one, he should be in it. It is not fair to him, his fans, or the general CSI fans. As a viewer, I feel cheated.

10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

It really is. I was looking forward to the episode hoping it would feature more of the veterans, but now I won't even be watching it. :(

It's not fair that George will not be in it. He is one of the main reasons this show has made it to 300 episodes.

So sad seeing these pictures without him in it. :(:rolleyes:

11. Smokey

So today is the big party for the 300th episode and I'm sure all of the press will be there...ET and what not, but I'm sure George won't be there. Assholes.

It would be nice if some of the coverage addresses his absence and tells the TRUTH about what happened because I still don't believe what one hack entertainment web site had to say about it, and all of the other stories got their information from THAT site. I wish George's people would put out another statement with more info. :(

12. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I cannot believe they hired another actor for a recurring role. What a slap in the face to George. They are doing a great job of pissing off the Nick fans

13. Smokey

It should piss off the other fans too because all they ever seem to do on this show is keep bringing in more and more new actors and characters when the fan base that built the shows like the OLD format and characters, not the new idiotic storylines and bad acting.

George deserves much better than this farce.

14. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Why do they feel the need to fill every single absent role with a new character?!!! :censored:

The show has more than enough people to fill the extra slot! If you're going to take Nick away for a bit, at least give his screen time to Sara, Greg, or Brass! Instead of creating a whole new story arc for a completely new person!

The CSI team isn't a family anymore... and that was the original draw to the show.

15. Smokey

It's not a family anymore unless you include DB's family who has to be inserted into every other episode in one way or another. :rolleyes: Sick of that too.