Season 14 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jun 1, 2013.

1. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

What confuses me is ever since Grissom and Catherine's departures, respectively, the fans have been hoping for a return to original characters, instead of the forced inclusion of all the new cast. And instead of taking the time to do episodes focusing on Greg, Nick, and Sara working together, they're taking the time to play up Hodges and Henry :confused:

They're going from one extreme to the other to try and make this show interesting again , and they keep skimming over what, in my opinion, should be obvious (ie. the cases and original main cast).

ca. S5(??) ish Nick had that whole story arc about his promotion and stuff, but then when Catherine leaves, they bring in Elizabeth Shue????

This show has just stopped making sense to me. Should've ended it when they had the chance.

2. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

I agree I feel like in season 13, Wallace Langham and Elisabeth Harnois are promoted as the lead actors of the show, that sucks...

I really like Morgan, but I'm just tired of seeing the writer trying to create a romance with her (Hodges, Nick or Greg)

Hodges : I begin to hate him because the show is now just centered on him (his mother, Elisabetta, Morgan, he's working on the field etc..)

From season 9 to 11 we had the 'Ray/Nick's show' now in season 13 that's 'Hodges/Morgan's show'

I just want them to return on the basis of the show, I really want season 14 to be like season 12 which was a very good season

3. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

No argument there. I don't hate Hodges though, but I am getting tired of him and his story arc.

season 12 (especially during the first half) was not only good, but it seemed to prove that the writers can balance out the cast- despite whatever new characters are added- in terms of screen time and character development IMO, (although I wish they had toned down D.B. and Finn in the second half of the season, especially in last year's finale, and I've only recently started to warm up to Shue's character; but it was still a huge step up from the Langston era, in terms of both characters and the forensics).

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  4. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

CBS releases fall premier dates

Susan

5. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Well, that is nice to know. Although, I'm not really looking forward to the premiere because I don't care about Morgan.

And unless they want to lose even more viewers this season, they might want to focus on forensics and the original characters a lot more. Go back to the way it was in the early season, when CSI was really good. These Morgan, Hodges, DB, Finn episodes are not bringing in the viewers and are turning us long time viewers away, imo.

6. JorjaFoxFan

^^ Very much agreed. The only reason I can see myself watching the premiere, is because I'm looking forward to the Criminal Minds premiere.

Even then, probably not.

7. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

I already have a feeling of what the premiere might be like (though I really hope I'm wrong...we'll see): rehash of grave danger meets remake of CSI Down (with all the father/daughter stuff), except I wouldn't be surprised if they had less forensics and more CSIs-acting-like-cops stuff, and the originals, or maybe most of them, are in the background.

I'm not gonna lie though, I was liking the finale at first. I thought the case, the disturbing Dante's Inferno theme and the whole suspense of the episode in general (in terms of figuring out who the killer is), were all really interesting; I just didn't like how they made Morgan unrealistically go undercover, and that they pushed all the Brass/Ellie stuff to the side.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  8. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I thought the episode had great potential when it was focused on Brass and Ellie, along with his ex. But throwing Morgan into the mix ruined it for me because then it became more about her then of Brass. It should have been about Brass, his relationship with Ellie and his ex, and the CSI's helping him find Ellie without Morgan going undercover.

9. monketsharona

I anticipate the fact that Morgan is going to help Ellie to escape from their kidnapper, that's so predictable :rolleyes:

The only thing I don't want to see in this episode is Ellie's death, I want a happy ending between Brass and his daughter for years

10. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

I won't be surprised if that happens. Both girls have daddy issues, I don't see why the writers wouldn't have at least some Morgan/Ellie interactions, if not also have Morgan play the heroine and help her escape. The whole premiere already feels too predictable.

That would be too devastating if Ellie died :(, hasn't Brass been through enough personal tragedies?. Although, even if she's rescued, knowing Ellie, they may still have a long way to go before they can have a happy ending IMO. Obviously, Brass cares about her a great deal, but will she ever be willing to forgive him and repair their relationship? Then again....if they make the next season all about Morgan Brody, and continue to give Brass just a cameo appearance, we may never get to find out....:shifty:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  11. JorjaFoxFan

I wish Brass and Ellie had more story arcs, they started this one soo long ago, and now when we finally get one it's turned into a quasi-Morgan-has-daddy-issues story.

I've tried so hard, but I can't stand Morgan. Or Finn. The stories tend to focus on them so much that I find myself not even watching every week. Unless I her good things here after the fact. Not even beginning to mention the silly Hodges/Henry do field work antics.

I'll stop before I rant :(

12. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

I understand that the writers want to develop Finn, D.B. and Morgan's characters, but in the end, like the Ray Langston show, it's still at the expense of the originals, and it's getting frustrating. I mean seriously, we never even got to see where Greg lives (although I've given up on that specifically a while ago).

13. stokesmyfire

stokesmyfire Prime Suspect

When do the actor's report back to work?

14. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Filming starts next week

15. monketsharona

And Jorja IS in episode 1 ! (Writers said it on Twitter)