Season 14 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jun 1, 2013.

1. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

To be honest, I'd rather stop seeing anyone with anyone on this show. They move from one dramatic teen angst love story to the next, and it's getting old. Grissom and Sara was a mature relationship, it was subtle, and it worked. The writers need to give that one an ending, and then focus on the procedural aspect of the show, because it has become a soap opera with a terrible back bone.

2. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Grissom and Sara was hardly subtle, it was just stretched out over six seasons before they made the big reveal. The show almost certainly doesn't have that much time left in it to craft a relationship over that sort of period. But I have to agree that the sooner this 'love triangle' ends the better. I've especially had enough of Hodges' (rather unrealistically) abundant love life being put in the limelight.

Oh and I honestly don't believe episode #300 will be as bad as "Mascara". They may try and beat it but that will require Ray Langston to return and resurrect Haskell who subsequently kills Greg, Sara, DB and Brass in a shootout at the lab.

3. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

^^ Agreed. I just meant there was no real "drama" involved in GSR that was comparable to this love triangle they're trying to perpetrate. Sure it was stretched out over many seasons, but we knew they both liked each other, and it was often mentioned. Which I'm fine with, but this introducing new characters just to create that riff between co-workers (who shouldn't even be dating in the first place).

It's just tiring. They've explored the romantic story lines, and the procedural aspect suffered - which is what the show it all about!

It's just too worn out for me, I wish they'd declare a final season tbh...

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Just a reminder that the writers return to work tomorrow. Don McGill, Chris Barbour, Tom Mularz, Richard Catalani, Andrew Dettmann, Gavin Harris, Elizabeth Devine, Melissa Byer & Treena Hancock are the writers on board for this season; Carol Mendelsohn and Jack Gutowitz will probably write an episode as well (Mendelsohn is busy with development). Apparently the first five of the season were mapped out before the writers left for hiatus. Harris will write Episode 300 which I hear is a forensics driven story, not personal. Also, Jaclyn Smith is rumored to be in one of those initial episodes as well.

5. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

Sadly, I have low expectations for next season in terms of there being major focus on the originals, (despite what the writers did give us last season, there's still a chance that could not happen next year, they could still end up being in the background, knowing what they've been giving to the new guys), with the possible exception of Nick, since the writers have a story arc planned for him, or whether or not we'll have more forensic driven episodes instead of constant personal story lines. But I'll tune in occasionally to see if I'm wrong. I'm not sure how I feel about Nick's upcoming storyline though. I think Nick deserves a love interest and I would take a relationship/potentially romantic storyline over a love triangle any day, but you can't force one into existence, it has to develop naturally even if it's on the side (assuming the writers plan to hook up Morgan and Nick). Although I doubt Morgan will end up with Greg. To be honest, I'd rather see more continuity of Nick's quitting, that had so much potential at the beginning, but somehow, I doubt that will happen.

However, I'm glad (assuming the writers will stick with that route) that episode 300 is not going to be another personal story; sorry, but that was getting kind of old last season. If it's heavily focused on the forensics, I'm curious to see what kind of case they'll come up with, but at the same time I'm also wondering if it will be a team-centric or single character-centric episode.

Looks like we might have another Hodges-centric episode, if his mom is returning. I guess we'll find out then if the wedding will happen or not.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  6. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I would have loved to have seen some continuity of Nick's quitting as well. They just dropped that storyline, which they shouldn't have, and I imagine, next season they won't touch on that at all.

As for next season, I could do with a lot less Morgan, and a lot less of Hodges and his finance.

How about going back to forensics, and quirky cases...

7. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

I so, so agree with all that JorjaFoxFan has said, this especially.

It's quite telling that all the spoiler comments are about the possible combinations of romances - just like it is now expected to be a soap.

GSR was done very differently and they will not recapture that fan interest by just having another pairing as substitute. try a pregnancy. Now how does a CSI in the field manage that? - many story lines there! Someone with cancer? There are many story arcs to have has *background* character developments and human interest to have the audience root for than just a ill-fitting fling or love triangle!

8. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Can we please skip the relationships and get back to just solving crimes? :(

Mega Buzz

Susan

9. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

sigh....I thought we would have been done with the Hodges love story arc....

10. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Agree. I love Hodges, but this is getting a bit ridiculous...:rolleyes::confused:

11. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

Hodges love story. Really. Is that what they think the viewers want!?!?

I'd like to give them more credit and I hope I am right!!!

How about we talk about what real life crime/plots could CSI go into this season??

12. MissHolmes

MissHolmes Civilian

For season 14 I really agree with more focus on Sara, Nick and Greg, always think they are more "real" than the newer members.

For episode 300 I hope they bring some good old faces back Grissom, Cathrine and even Wendy (still think she and Hodges should be together)

13. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

*sigh*, Hodges, either marry Elisabetta or don't :rolleyes:. I completely agree with everything you guys said about this.

If they're still going the personal story route, (especially to the point where they're focusing on family members and relationships....which really seems to be the case these days) no matter what, I'd rather see more of Nick, Greg, Brass and Sara's background before the season ends. but again, my expectations are low.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  14. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

They need to just fix the GSR and then leave it alone.

15. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Indeed... I am an Hodges adept... so the more of him in an episode the better... ;) However I totally agree on the wrong leap of storyarc for him...So...no more elisabetta and (I'm repeating myself :cool:) bring back Wendy ... if only for a few episodes....

I wouldn't mind a temporary return for Catherine ..