Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo Thread #17

So what was Greg's screentime like in the latest episode? I know from the promo and the promo pics he and Morgan worked on the case.

Last edited:
Thanks. Oops I meant Morgan, don't know where Jordan came from!:lol:
(corrected)

Last edited:
Apparently Eric was in Mexico doing a few interviews this week. I have links but mostly have translated them all using a translator since they are all in Spanish that I have found.

First link
Become one of the pillars of the long and successful TV franchise "CSI", American actor Eric Szmanda said the success of this transmission is due to the high production standards that the program has, same that could be used for a version Latin America of which he would be a part.

"The success of a show like" CSI "is that the production team and writers were able to be consistent in the stories we tell and that people have followed for so many seasons," said Szmanda NOTIMEX, during his visit to Mexico .

The actor said that these successes have been those who have done that even with the many changes that the cast has had over 13 seasons, continue to hold millions of viewers week after week on the edge of the seats, which has made this transmission in one of the most viewed and lived American television.

"The stories presented and the way in which we always are liked by the audience, perhaps it's the way we show cases and characters, the production team is always looking to bring cases impressive," he added.

The native of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, explained that one of the elements that appeal to the audience are the"gadgets" presented over the years, which, he added, have evolved so much as technology permits.

"At first everything was simpler, more analog and through the seasons have been great advances in technology that have seen themselves reflected in the program," he said.

Szmanda, who gives life to fiction forensics "Greg Sanders", said although cases presenting "CSI" problematic appeal to Americans, this has not prevented the public from other regions to identify with him, because " the way we solve every crime is astonishing, unique and unparalleled. "

Such is his confidence in this franchise that the actor of 37 years said that as the program has led to a number of "spin-offs" and "CSI: Miami"and "CSI: New York" also sees may be make a Latin American version of confessed also, would like to be part of.

"Of course it could be a version, as there are so many issues and so many places that could be made and here in Mexico, I would like it or if possible would participate in it," he said.

2nd interview
By Jorge Mendoza | Universal

Eric Szmanda, in his role as Greg Sanders, has had a remarkable transformation over the course of 13 seasons wearing CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Las Vegas.

"I started depicting a very young scientist, someone the type of Doogie Howser, MD, for that was my unkempt appearance in dress and acting, always making jokes and some jokes to lighten the tension plot of the program," says Szmanda , who visited Mexico last week.

"I'm not very good at it to do comedy, but I was trying to say things as natural as possible and to provoke laughter. Sometimes worked to the first and not so ", Eric considers when analyzing their natural development in CSI.

"I think Greg Sanders has matured physically as I did in real life. His attitude to work has become more serious and shows say more professionalism at the scene of the crime. You can not afford to make a joke about a dead person, "says Szmanda.

Greg Sanders went from a fledgling scientific laboratory over a detective CSI: Las Vegas. As an expert in DNA analysis, gradually believed in his ability and gave him the opportunity to go to do field work.

"I showed a little immature and sometimes it was even a little naive, even though Greg is an expert overqualified".

As an interesting fact, only four episodes of the series did not show Eric Szmanda frame.

"I've been very busy in these seasons on CSI, so it's been hard for me to do other things. But I'll try to make a movie, traveling and enjoying free time, "notes Eric.

"13 years is a long time to be doing something and a lot can happen, there are plans that I want to do on my own, develop their own programs. CSI has always been a great place to work, so I'll stick with the series, provided you are happy and content to make it "shares Eric, proud CSI detective at level III.

The reality is very different

The speed with which crimes are solved on CSI is amazing, but it has to be for reasons of production, so prudent Eric Szmanda differentiate fact from fiction.

"It was like when they went to rob my house and I got to tell the detectives what things they thought I should investigate. One of the cops shut me up saying, 'This is not CSI, buddy' and though I joking said, yes I was sorry, "says Eric.

"As captured the thief, a guy who lived near my home. They came to him by methods that I never would have imagined, "says Szmanda, being that there are many lines of research that are unknown.

"Compare CSI with reality is not very convenient," says Eric.

Last edited:
Thanks Dizz! :) That's the cherry on top of tonight's eppy

I think I'm glad to see more hair tonight :)

I like Morgan and Branders, but I miss Greg spending time with Sara and Nick. Even DB and Finn, and that needs to change next season

And for the end tonight, I like and disliked that he pulled out the gun

I mean I'm glad he saved himself and took control, but again just not all that crazy about seeing him with one.

I like Morgan and Branders, but I miss Greg spending time with Sara and Nick. Even DB and Finn, and that needs to change next season

I mean I'm glad he saved himself and took control, but again just not all that crazy about seeing him with one.
Since it is next day I will skip spoiler stuff.

I was happy the hair was back to the way I prefer too. He looked great last night. Leather jacket always helps. :D

I just said in the ep thread how I miss Greg working with Nick or Sara. He seems to almost always be with Morgan lately and I am growing tired of it.

I was glad he had the gun tonight and honestly after all that has happened to that team, I think I would carry a gun too. :lol:

Since it is next day I will skip spoiler stuff.

I was happy the hair was back to the way I prefer too. He looked great last night. Leather jacket always helps. :D

I just said in the ep thread how I miss Greg working with Nick or Sara. He seems to almost always be with Morgan lately and I am growing tired of it.

I was glad he had the gun tonight and honestly after all that has happened to that team, I think I would carry a gun too. :lol:

That's a good point dizzney :lol:, although, I'm STILL trying to get used to Greg carrying a gun. yeah, I agree with you guys, I miss Greg's interactions with Sara and Nick. I like his relationship with Morgan, but like you said, it is getting a little tiring that he's really only paired up with her these days.

Otherwise I really enjoyed the latest episode :).

Last edited:
Nice interviews, thanks for posting them! It was a pretty good episode. Although why Morgan let Greg go alone into a crime scene where people were still getting killed is beyond me!! (She should of ether went with him or told DB) But I enjoyed the Greg time and the revisit of his possible psychic ability.

Eric's birthday is a week from today. I wonder if he has to work on his birthday this year?

Happy Birthday Eric!
happybday.gif
Hope you have the most wonderful birthday!
fest39.gif

So since the new season begins soon, what do you all want to see for Greg this season?

Silly as it is, I still want to see where he lives, because as far as I can tell he lives at the Crime Lab. :lol:

So since the new season begins soon, what do you all want to see for Greg this season?

Silly as it is, I still want to see where he lives, because as far as I can tell he lives at the Crime Lab. :lol:

Where he lives, yes.

Mix up who he works with more. I felt like he worked with Morgan all the time last season. Now I like Branders and want them to work together, but he needs scenes with Sara, Hodges, Nick, Al, Brass, and Finn. Especially Finn, she's been on almost two years now and I still feel like they don't work together much.

Back