"Sheltered" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Episode Title: 'Sheltered'
    Episode Number: 1318
    Synopsis: "When the CSIs find a body near a forest reserve, they discover what might be a serial killer and his bizarre lair."Original Airdate: April 03, 2013

Written By: Michael F.X. Daley
    Directed By: Louis Milito

Guest Stars:

• Dalton Day as Carl Abrams
    • Paul Johansson as Edward Trigg
    • Cameron Deane Stewart as Dylan Trigg
    • Neal McDonough as Tommy Barnes (Bunker Man)
    • Rebecca Forsythe as Miranda Barnes
    • Kate Danson as Jill McDermott
    • Blair Redford as Luke Holland
    • Alimi Ballard as Officer Kevin Crawford

2. Frybynight

Frybynight Hit and Run

A very violent crime and though I thought I had spotted the murderer early on turned out I was close but no cigar.Everyone has on screen time but DB and Nick are front and center.Morgan once again partners with the CSI leading the case and in this episode that's Nick so she is once again front and center.This episode is dark and the crime is gruesome.Once again the CSIs enter a structure not once but twice with nary a policeofficer around.Plenty of red herrings to keep every one guessing.Elizabeth Shue and her annoying smile needs to go.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Was Sara in this one? Any ship stuff?

4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Sara was in it and No ship stuff for anyone!

5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Decent enough episode. Kept me entertained and awake for the hour.

Loved seeing Sam again. Poor boy is having trouble with the quiet life. Anyone else see Nick possibly changing careers for Sam's benefit? :thumbsup:

Super Dave has the line of the night - 'We're stumped'. :guffaw:

Obviously nobody told Nick that curiosity killed the cat and to stop entering building until backup arrives or it's going to get the CSI too.

That underground house looked amazing - but I think I'd miss the sunshine in there. Having to go out just to see it wouldn't be the same.

Susan

6. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Solid episode all around with plenty of twists and turns.
    Also sad to say but there are plenty of "parents" like the killer in this week's episode who simply can't accept their child for who they are.

7. Rena

Rena Rookie

Can't say much. To me it was more like a filler. Solid one, but at one point it was obvious that the father killed that boy.
    Liked seeing Sam again :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  8. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Not bad, I actually didn't see the dad of the boy coming

Somewhat balanced eppy, bit heavier on DB, Nick, and Morgan and not a ton of Sara

I'm a little impressed with seeing Sam again, I figured PD and maybe once more would be it

Liked Finn's scene at the hospital with the girl

Felt the team jumped the gun way too quick. I immediately thought daughter when I saw the pink bedroom, now the clothes were a bit suspicious but again I felt they rushed to judgement there

Was hoping for Super Dave to mention little Joshua

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Thought it was pretty good...mostly because I got to have my eyes on Nick in several scenes. ;) And I still love Sam.

It reminded me at time of "Shooting Stars", and before we condemn Nick and Morgan for going into the bunker let's remember Catherine and Grissom did the same thing. ;) And it looks like Nick doesn't have any problems being underground now.

I figured things out pretty early on. One thing that bugged me was how they all jumped to conclusions and were so sure about everything and were wrong.

Morgan at the "hatch"..."What is this? 'Lost'?" :lol:

I got distracted several times by the horrible editing. There were sooooo many scenes that were off where it there were obvious differences from take to take. If we can see it, why can't the editors?

Surprised that Neal McDonough didn't turn out to be the bad guy this time like he was on "Desperate Housewives". :lol:

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I loved the LOST reference. :lol: And that underground house made me think of the movie "Blast from the Past". Anyone remember that?

11. riddick

riddick Rookie

It was a decent ep, worth rewatching. I've never been the greatest fan of Nick but I liked him in this episode.

I always feel a bit sorry for Neal McDonough, he's a very good actor who doesn't get what he deserves. Maybe his looks are too awkward.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  12. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

An alright episode. I'd rather hear Nick speak French to Sam. I got a scene with Greg and Sara working together, nice. I like The Hunger Games reference. I somehow knew that it was two guys in her bed instead of the usual good, sheltered girl gone bad behind daddy's back.

I didn't remember that other episode title with the underground dwelling since I first got into the CSI shows three years ago when the reruns played nonstop on Spike, but I do remember that episode, if not the title.

At first I was worried that with the whole keeping his daughter in that tricked out shelter, it would be some kind of disturbing Fritzl type of story. As for that shelter not having water or electricity, I'd like to think that they got out to use the bathroom, probably in the vast desert.

Hopefully, this show won't lower to the level of CSI: Miami, where the detectives conclude and go all cowboy now and find the evidence later. Both D.B. and Sara, who's had histories of getting personal with a case, now are looking more mature next to the other CSIs. Sorry, but that's how I see it here. Hopefully, D.B. would be that way come next episode.

Lastly, even if I still cringe at his characters doing horrible things in movies like Street Fighter: The Legend Of Chun Li and that movie with Cuba Gooding Jr., Which I didn't bother to watch more of, what he did for his daughter was really sweet. The episode is pretty meh.

13. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

If the girl wasn't raped or being held against her will then why did she have bruises and injuries all over herself? Plot hole?

14. Rena

Rena Rookie

Maybe she had bruises due to her crawling through the tunnels behind the wall? Dunno.

15. stokesmyfire

stokesmyfire Prime Suspect

Finally watched this over the weekend.

Was there a little bit of real life with Nick telling Dave and Morgan he was a hunter but didn't like killing.

I recall an interview where George said he'd gone hunting with his father but didn't care for it that much.

I wonder if Elizabeth H. speak French fluently since Morgan sure seemed to be doing a lot of commands for Sam.

Still like Sam and could totally see Nick moving to PD with him.

Neal McD. was good, usually he's the bad guy so it was nice to see he wasn't here.

Liked Finn and the girl, the best she's been I think since she joined.

As for Nick going down into the bunker alone, he knew he had backup coming, maybe he wasn't so freaked out by having the gun on him because the poor guys been through it so many times. :(

I personally like the scruff,maybe his mystery girlfriend does too? :lol:

On to the next. :)