Ratings Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Desertwind, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

My parents watch the show just for the show...not any particular character. I just think people who post on fan boards tend to have favorites. :lol:

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Well, this is true. :) There are people at work who just watch, and then they can't understand why I pick it apart the way I do. :lol:

3. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I watch the show just because I like it. I don't have any favorite characters per say but I do like Paul Guilfoyle (even though he hasn't been in the last few episodes).

4. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

The show isn't as good as it used to be, and I think that has something to do with the drop in ratings.

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

It's nice to see IU doing so well again.
    I went to the University of Louisville. So, Go Cards!

I don't know if it was mentioned, but final numbers were up a bit.

Viewers 9.4 million
    Demo 1.9 (tied for series low).
    CBS might dismiss the 18-49 demo number, Susan, but I'm sure they look at it (and it's the one that is reported here, so that's why I referenced it for comparison). They don't necessarily market to that demo (they're more about the 25-54 demo), but it's trends generally mirrors what the ratings are doing overall, just to a different degree.

ETA: Just as a general observation, it seems that CBS shows with a demo routinely lower than 2.0 end up on Sundays or Fridays.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  6. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I think the ratings drop on the latest episode was caused by a cable show called "Duck Dynasty" which garnered bigger than its usual demo rating (3.9!!!).

There is a new episode on March 20 - "Dead of the Class"

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

So no ep next week? Or is it reruns?

8. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

next episode in three weeks ;)

9. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

Duck Dynasty actually beat everything on TV that night, including Idol and Modern Family. I personally don't understand it, but it's crap like this that the young kids seem to watch now.

10. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Duck Dynasty is actually pretty entertaining, and they're rapidly developing a cult following. Why slam people with different tastes? Or people who are drawn to things different than CBS' cookie cutter procedurals? To each his own, and all that.

11. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

There are far worse shows out there then Duck Dynasty and MOdern Family.
    One also has to be blunt in this regards,outside of NCIS,most shows in the later years do not keep the same amount of viewers as they did during the earlier years.
    With crime shows,it gets harder and harder to come up with fresh plotlines and stories for the characters.
    Finally,even though it happened almost six years ago,the writer's strike did do a lot of damage to many shows. Many viewers simply looked elsewhere for entertainment and never looked back.

12. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

I watch shows other that CBS' procedurals - Walking Dead, Shameless, Spartacus, Real Housewives (my guilty pleasure), and Game of Thrones (nothing tops that for me when it is airing) are only a few of them. I just cannot stand anything with hickabillys. It may be entertaining for more urban viewers, but for someone like me who has had to deal with these people all of my life (my dad's family live not far from where this show is filmed), it's not entertainment. It's horrible flashbacks! :lol:

13. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Some great shows (I can't wait for GoT to come back), although you lost some cred with Real Housewives. lol
    But I guess Duck Dynasty could be considered my guilty pleasure. So maybe we're even. :)

14. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

:guffaw:

15. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

Death of the Class is aired on March 27

I think we don't have to care about that numbers, it's just one night out of 16