"Double Fault" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Episode Title: 'Double Fault'
    Episode Number: 1312
    Synopsis: "The CSIs need to ace the case involving a rising tennis star. Meanwhile, the CSIs are surprised to hear Hodges is engaged to an Italian bombshell."
    Original Airdate
    : January 23, 2013

Written By: Melissa Byer and Treena Hancock
    Directed By: Brad Tanenbaum

Guest Stars:

• Larry Mitchell as Officer Mitchell
    • Susie Abromeit as Tara Janssen
    • Brittany Shaw as Claudia Weber
    • Justin Gimelstob as Justin Gimelstob
    • Lindsay Davenport as Lindsay Davenport
    • Larry Sullivan as Officer Akers
    • Ivan Sergei as Ivan Cafferty
    • Matt McCoy as Simon Weber
    • David Chisum as Agent Smith
    • Brandon Michael Rowan as Ernest Prestwich / Brent Abbot
    • Christine Marie Evert as Chris Evert
    • Catrinel Menghia Marlon as Elisabetta
    • Ever Carradine as Dr. Darcy Shaw
    • Makenzie Moss as Claudia Weber - 4 years old

2. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

Thanks for the topic ! :)

so I will ask here : someone knows if Jorja and Paul are in this episode ? :)

3. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Haven't heard anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sara took to the back light for a few episodes

4. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

Any thoughts about the interview with Wallace Langham?

I have yet to find out what his relationship with Elisabetta will be like, but for now I still think he had the best chemistry with Wendy, we'll see though. However, I still wouldn't be surprised if Hodges and Elisabetta don't end up together for whatever reason.

I'm not sure how I feel about this upcoming episode in general though. Even when we had good/decent episodes this season, compared to CSI's early years, the plots and cases are not particularly...... fantastic or compelling. To be honest, I'm watching mostly for the characters (or whoever's left on the old team) these days, which is kinda sad; otherwise, I'm just....bored with this series.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  5. JorjaFoxFan

very much agreed. the cases have evolved but not necessarily for the best. Re-watching the early seasons, the cases were much more intricate. I do still enjoy CSI but the cases have become more outlandish, and entertaining in a different way.

This episode does sound like it has the potential to be very well done, however.

6. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Looks like nobody appears to talk much about the episodes anymore. :confused:

I thought this one was pretty good actually. Probably because there was less of Hodges' fiancee than I was expecting. I'm hoping she doesn't turn out to be some criminal either, it would be nice for him to get a "happily ever after" with her.

I thought the case was definitely one of the better ones this season even though it turned out to be a marital issue. The Brent angle was pretty interesting I thought despite turning out to be a red herring but I'd certainly say this was far more unpredictable than some of the cases we've been getting. Lots of Finn but she seemed pretty toned down and I didn't think she took away screentime from everyone else. The only problem was that some of the pairings seemed a little illogical, such as Greg and Nick going out to the forest yet DB, Morgan and Finn were stood around analysing what they found. Brass also felt underused. It would be nice to get a few scenes with EVERYONE discussing the case and not just dividing the workload.

So overall I liked this one and it's probably one I'd watch again. The soap-opera vibes didn't overdominate the case this week and I felt this was a step forwards in the right direction in terms of crime scene analysis. Oh and it was a LOT better than the spoilers made it out to be.

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I'll give the episode a 7/10. And that's only because I'm a tennis fan. And Steffi Graf got a mention, yay! And I enjoyed the Wendy mention, as well.
    Other than that, I Thought it was just ok. The crime was generic, and i didn't really care about anything else in this one. It was a decent team episode, minus Sara, but what happened to the crime stories and victims we use to feel something for? I admit I watch mainly for Jorja and GSR now, but there was a time when other storylines would engage me.
    Still not sure where they are going with Hodges and Morgan. (Could they be any more stereotypical with the Italian beauty?) Wally is a talent that the writers have often underused, many of us would agree; and although these romantic storylines give him something to 'play', the writers seem to struggle with how to use him, IMO.

ETA: The tennis rackets that are made these days are pretty indestructable. No way could she have broken a racket like that.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  8. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I have to get up early so I go to bed after the episode airs so I can't talk until the day after or the weekend.

Never really watched or cared for tennis, but it was pretty good I think

Al plays tennis

Could have used more Brass, and I missed Sara but a nice use of characters

WENDY! :eek: Continuity!

I'm completely torn on Elisabetta. I want to be happy for Hodges, heck I'd maybe even like him to get married, but do I trust her? Nope

9. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

I thought the episode was better than how the spoilers made it sound. I didn't mind a lot of Finn, only because, again she was toned down, and some of the other characters had decent screen time, liked seeing Nick and Greg working together; Greg had a more air time then I expected :). Again, the storyline, wasn't anything engaging or spectacular...it was still ok though. I also liked that that they kept the Hodges/Elisabetta thing on the side. I guess we have yet to find out if they'll stay together, but I'm not sure what to make of his fiancee.

It's one thing if Morgan was just being a good friend to Hodges, and since the immigration department is investigating Elisabetta, there's still reason to think she can't be trusted....but somehow, it didn't entirely play out that way to me...she also seemed kinda jealous in this episode. As much as I like Morgan; when it comes to her love life..... I don't know....first she goes for Hodges, then Greg, then Hodges again etc.? If I didn't know better, I'd think the writers are trying to set up a triangle this season. I'm sorry, but both guys deserve better. I hope I'm wrong though about where this is going.

Sorry, that last part was a little OT.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  10. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

11. JorjaFoxFan

I thought the episode was okay. The case was a good one. I don't Like Finn at all, and that ruined it for me a bit.

Last night's episode did get an exceptional rating, almost 12M viewers? I'm still floored as to how well this show has kept up after 13 years.

I do miss the two-case episodes with the team split up, and sometimes crossing over into the others' cases. The new cast just doesn't have the same chemistry and it's really sad for me to watch sometimes; I'm still living in the past I guess :(

12. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  13. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I liked this episode a lot more than I expected and that was probably because there was pretty even screen time for everyone. Finn didn't annoy me as much as normal.

I love tennis so that part of it was good for me. The Elisabetta thing with Hodges seemed a bit awkward in the episode. I do hope she does not end up a criminal either.
    I'm kind of sick of Morgan seemingly liking Hodges one week and the Greg the next too. I think they just need to make a choice or stop it all together. I enjoyed a Sara-free week after the last two episodes being mostly focused on her and knowing another one coming up is.

I thought that was off too. I don't see any reason why all of them could not have been at that table discussing the case. They have done that many times in the past...why stop now.

I do miss two cases per episode. I really wish they would go back to that format.

Overall I liked this episode a lot more than last week's.

Side note: Maybe it was an older tennis racket. Heck I still have my old one. :)

14. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Agree with all! Also agree with the fact that it was nice having more Nick and Greg, though the team could've met as one. Morgan does need to choose, now that it's established Hodges is taken--Greg or someone else or no one right now. I was pleased with Finn. Except, ok tv & new character, but she would get the chance to play with a pro and do well (nothing against shue :)) Haha DB doing what was it LSD?? I'm excited for the crossover!

15. stokesmyfire

stokesmyfire Prime Suspect

Pretty good ep.

Like DB I wondered too what the players always said to each other when they shook hands, though I doubt it was that. :lol:

My disappointment was that Andre Agassi wasn't in it!
    Hello! He is a native Vegan! Guess he was on tour whipping Johnny Mac's butt. :thumbsup: