"Fallen Angels" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Episode Title: 'Fallen Angels'
    Episode Number: 1307
    Synopsis: "The CSI team investigates the death of a reverend who was killed at the grave site of former CSI Warrick Brown."

Original Airdate
    : November 14, 2012

Written By: Tom Mularz
    Directed By: Louis Milito

Guest Stars:

• Larry Mitchell as Officer Mitchell
    • Meta Golding as Tina Brewster
    • Terrell Ranson, Jr as Eli Brewster
    • Kofi Siriboe as James Newman
    • Michael Hyatt as Jolene Newman
    • Malcolm Goodwin as Aaron Voss
    • Harrison Page as Reverend Rick Renken

2. lilysky101

lilysky101 Civilian

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Welcome, lilysky101! And thanks for the pics! :)

4. lilysky101

lilysky101 Civilian

No problem! And funny tidbit about Terrell and Meta Golding. They portrayed mother and son in the movie "The Chicago 8" back a few years ago!

Anyways, but yeah I've been watching CSI since nearly the beginning. I haven't watched a whole lot in recent years but hope I can get back to watching it.

5. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Much better with Ted Danson in it.

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I agree...I love the Grissom years best, but it's better now than the past couple seasons.

Im don't think this is too spoilery but
    I'm really anxious to know what's what with Tina and the story behind the CSIs not seeing much of them. I can understand some of it because she never knew them well but still I wanna know.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  7. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

A clip. Probably the opening scene. Brass, DB, Super Dave, Nick. At least we find out that Nick visits Warrick's grave - even brings him some flowers. :lol:

Susan

8. Frybynight

Frybynight Hit and Run

This story is far too complicated to explain in a few simple sentences but the untangling the connections of a crooked reverend Tina her low life boyfriend a missing teenager a local gang leader and a young man who Warrick helped before his death make for an intriguing story.Again forensics are front and center and all of our favorites contribute to the answer.Sara deals with Tina and her problems while Nick relates to Eli.Tina's explanation of why she kept them away coincides with the rather selfish way she dealt with Warrick when they were going through with their divorce.Would have liked a little more Nick and Eli but one thing becomes clear he has never forgotten his best friend who he declares walks beside him every day.

9. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

4 1/2 years and you can see that they try every aspect to compensate, but it still doesn't sates his (on screen)appereance.
    an flashback episode,where he solved one case in retrospective or sort of assisted in "communicating" with nick would have suited better in my opinion.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  10. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I agree but it's safe to say Gary burned a lot of bridges when he got fired,enough to the point that unlike others that have left the show,they made sure he wouldn't be able to come back in any way shape or form.

11. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

This was a somewhat confusing story to follow. I think I will have to rewatch it to figure out who had to do with what. The Warrick mentions were nice but it would have been nice to see his picture or something. I did find that a bit odd that not even a picture was used.

In any case at least it was a good forensics/team episode, we have not had hardly any of those this season were everyone had a good amount of time it in.

12. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

They must pay for using his photo, I guess they didn't want to ;)

13. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I liked this episode, a lot. Unlike the previous one with Charlie and co., I cared about the characters in this episode. Even the killer was fairly noble in the end. I also thought there was a good flow to the hour, interlacing the personal stuff with the crime story well.

I especially liked Sara's interactions with Tina. Considering her childhood, Sara was more sympathetic with Eli, and it was more about tough love with Tina. Great dynamics. I really liked Meta Golding in this and thought she did a great job of keeping Tina sympathetic, considering her probably self induced fall from grace, and her rocky relationship with Warrick and the CSI's. I wish there had been more lead up to the final scene, but it was still powerful, and one had the impression that Tina and Eli would be okay. It would be nice to see them again, though. And I did like how they included both Nick and Sara in the end scene.

I did guess who the killer was early on, mostly due to lack of other viable suspects, but I didn't really figure his motives out til the DNA came back about his son.

I thought it was a pretty well rounded episode for the rest of the cast, although more Greg would have been nice.

I expected some flashbacks of Warrick, but I wasn't really disappointed since they weren't really needed for the storytelling. It was more about the people left behind and his lasting affect on them; in that regard it was a nice tribute to Warrick and his legacy.

I'm giving this one a 9/10. :)
    Nicely written and an emotionally satisfying episode.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  14. Frosch

Frosch Witness

I was a little disappointed with this episode. Rather than use this as an opportunity to honor the memory of Warrick in a poignant way he was just a means to an end to give Nick and Sara a storyline. As always, Sara and her self righteous attitude grate on my nerves.

Whoever wrote Sara’s scenes did a particularly shoddy job. There were two distinct instances that irritated me. First was when Sara mentioned that before she left (not sure if I recall that properly) she would stop by to bring food and find the house dark and hear Eli crying. And then, apparently, she would just turn around and leave without checking up on Eli to see if he was alright?! How very caring. The second instance was when she told Tina that four years ago she repeatedly tried to reach out only to be turned away. Well, four years ago Sara wasn’t even in town. If I remember correctly she was sailing the seas somewhere, finding herself.

It also bothered me slightly when Brass was reminiscing about Warrick as if nothing ever happened between them. Considering how hostile Brass was towards Warrick during his last days, it seemed a little off to me.

I also don’t understand the focus being just on Nick and Sara and not equally on Greg.

15. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I agree with Frosch about Sara's attitude and the lack of focus on Greg along with Nick and Sara.
    But I mostly enjoyed this episode.

One thing (a big thing IMO) was Warrick's son. This kid should be 4 yrs old but he looked like a 10 yr old! Bad casting?