"Play Dead" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Oct 27, 2012.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I don't want it all taken over, but I'd still like to see her onscreen a couple times. Although I was always a diehard Nick/Catherine shipper, it's good also to have some of the characters dating others who aren't other main characters.

2. Rena

Rena Rookie

Uh, it was really nice to have an A and B case. I like that. It's like the old days :) This one was nice, but I missed Sara.

3. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

I really loved this episode. I'm a doglover myself and I was glad to see Nick getting the storyline with the dog. Sam was the star of this episode and I loved his scenes with Nick. This is without a doubt my favorite of the season so far. FANTASTIC!!

4. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I liked this episode, it reminded me of two things.

1) the movie K9
    2) an old episode of NCIS

The morgue scene made me cry.

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

No doubt, Sam was the star of this one. I missed Sara, but I'm a sucker for anything having to do with dogs. I liked the morgue scene like everyone else, and I'm curious about Nick's girlfriend. They did leave it ambiguous enough that it could be anyone.

I can't even analyze much about the other case with Finn and Morgan. I tuned out after all the penis mentions. Kind of like 'The Panty Sniffer': I didn't really care who did it, I was just glad it was over.

A B- from me.

6. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Yes, Sam made up for no Sara. Seriously, the amount of times they said penis...

7. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Good episode with two cases and decent time spent among characters. Loved Sam and Nick in every scene. This is exactly the Nick I want to see more often (and not his Rambo version).

Finn's smile over no reason still distracts me though. It's such a shame, Finn can be so much more likable than she currently is, it only takes a few good scenes...

8. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Once again I find myself in some sort of paradox, having gone on about wanting more two-case episodes but once actually getting one having the situation where one case is great and the other is poor.

I'll get the bad out the way. The B-case was pretty uninspiring, unoriginal and Finn mentioning her divorce about three times in a minute put me off right near the start. I also guessed it would be the elderly lady the moment she appeared. Yawn. At least it (as well as the other case) had a decent amount of forensics in it.

I did like the A-case on the whole. Even though I thought some of the Nick/Sam scenes were bordering on cheesy I thought the interactions between them were genuine and George's love of dogs came through. I really liked the scene in the morgue as well as Nick discusses Warrick. Some good continuity here and there, interesting case and a bit of humour regarding DB's totem pole and Nick's initial hopelessness.

Overall I have a bit of a lukewarm reception to the episode, probably my least favourite since the premiere but mostly because the B-case dragged the episode down massively. I might give it another watch and see if I like it more when I'm in a better mood but it was decent all in all.

Rating: 7.5/10

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Needless to say, but I'll say it anyway...loved all of the Nick and Sam scenes, etc. :) The morgue scene, while being very touching, was also incredibly well shot. That long shot from behind where they were on the right side of the screen and you could see some of the bodies in the drawers...beautiful!

I also really liked DB in this one. He was around, supervising, helping, but not in your face overbearing. Reminded me a lot of Grissom from back in the day. And you all wouldn't forgive me if I didn't note that...he mentioned his wife! :lol:

Finn...yeah, I'm sorry...still not warming up to her. Didn't like her asking Morgan if she and Hodges were "doing it" or however she put it. And now we know Finn has been married more than once?

I still like Morgan pretty well.

Ah, Nick and a mystery girlfriend. :) They will probably keep it that way, and that's fine with me.

Overall, loved the A & B case format. Felt like the old days!

10. Frybynight

Frybynight Hit and Run

Figured I had watched too many years when I fingered the old lady as soon as she appeared.Sort of zoned out of case B after that.Been there seen that before.Loved Nick and his new best friend even though I'm not a fan of German Shepards(childhood bite}.Loved interaction with DB and Brass and the totem pole.Glad that the Canine officer didn't hold a grudge about McKeen fiasco and seemed so pleased to turn Sam over to Nick.Happy to see that there is still trust between the lab and the street cops.

11. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Glad to see the A and B episodes. Like others here,I'm a sucker for dogs so I enjoyed the scenes with Sam and Nick.

12. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I'm going to date myself here. I'm a bit younger than Lisa Shue so maybe around the same age as Finn (although we don't know her age specifically) but I do ask friends or colleagues are they "doing it". Not sure I've asked anyone that in 20 years. Just didn't seem right...

13. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I liked the Nick and Sam scenes and it was cute.

Didn't know Morgan? can fix the GCMS machine.

Or is Morgan the one with blonde hair that kissed the guy?

Or is Morgan the same one who kissed the guy and worked the crime scene with Finn.

I have to admit, If that blonde one was Morgan, I think that is a lame reason to kiss someone.

Dang.. too many characters. :lol:

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Morgan is the blonde who did indeed kiss Hodges, the trace tech. :)

15. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Okay, thanks.

I still think it was lame for her to kiss Hodges like that, I think maybe Hodges liked that kiss.